• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new DICE Battlefield for Holiday 2016, Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect 4 by March 2017

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battlefield game from DICE will arrive in time for the holidays

Will it not be rushed out the door, is the question EA. Also stop releasing a "Battlefield" every other year. BF4's support is great. But it's only being done because you're wanting to do a goodwill tour and hope people will forget the state that (and a few other titles of yours) launched in.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks like ill be signing up for ea access again starting just before mirrors edge

danthefan

The new Mass Effect is the game I'm absolutely looking forward to the most, cannot wait to see what they can do on current gen machines.

Damn. I was hoping for a perfect game-triangle year with Dishonored 2, Deus Ex and Mass Effect. Sequels/reboot of three of my favorite franchise/games last gen.

Anyway, I hope Battlefield is not rushed, and it feels like a proper new game instead of a reskin. BF4 is so damn good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So this is what it's all about now huh. Well that figures.

You don't need to grind for attachments if you find a gun you like. I'll admit DICE needs to "walk it back" in regards to the amount of unlocks. But the attachment "grind" isn't as bad as people make it out to be since most people stick with 1-5 guns they like and generally will get all the attachments for that.

If anything though, DICE needs to jettison the Battlepacks. Utter bullshit and now that I'm P40 the goddamn things STILL GIVE ME 2XP DESPITE BEING CAPPED.

Why not help me fill out my attachment grind? Apparently Hardflop fixed this, but no one plays Hardflop because it isn't a DICE game.

Edit: I get you're talking about Titanflop but I still want to mention BF in that as well.

Will it not be rushed out the door, is the question EA. Also stop releasing a "Battlefield" every other year. BF4's support is great. But it's only being done because you're wanting to do a goodwill tour and hope people will forget the state that (and a few other titles of yours) launched in.
Considering how stable Battlefront's launch was and that they will only be working on three platforms I will actually be surprised if it doesn't have a good launch.

E92 M3

All I know is that Titanfall 2 will be so fucking good. The 1st one was amazing and they made it in a middle of a lawsuit.

Too few weapons, attachments and items to grind for. Best we can hope for is probably if they ever decide BF1943 II is worth it. Or maybe a DLC pack.

Main thing I'm hoping for is an unlock system that's not terrible.
It's a bit sad that this is the main thing I'm hoping for, and that it probably won't happen.

This has some truth to it concerning consoles and the mainstream audiences. On the PC side of things, they don't mind but for console players they do because they have little to no choices for WWI-II mp shooters on consoles.

Being a console gamer myself, I wouldn't mind a WWI-II era shooter from DICE since I wasn't able to join in on the fun mp-wise. But I do know that I would get bored fairly quickly because their won't be much to unlock and do besides capping objs and getting kills. Sure the atmosphere will be awesome thanks to the Frostbite Engine but that wears off quickly in a console mp shooter imo.

I would like to see how DICE can make a WWI-II shooter relevant again and filled with content besides maps.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im unapologetically a fan of BF4's campaign. Would be happy for another.

I love BF4 a whole, really. But it's the little bits and pieces that I feel drag it down. The unlock system is garbage. Ballistics still feel bad to me. Maps are real hit and miss.

speedomodel

I'd prefer bot matches on the MP maps over a half baked campaign that takes resources away from the multiplayer.
Typically, I'd say I'm fine with bot matches. But Battlefront's lack of traditional campaign and the offered singleplayer "experience" reminded me how much I do love a structured narrative of some kind.

I love BF4 a whole, really. But it's the little bits and pieces that I feel drag it down. The unlock system is garbage. Ballistics still feel bad to me. Maps are real hit and miss.

BF4's campaign was great! 3 was enjoyable, but yeah I definitely had a blast with 4

Cornbread78

uuggh, bummed about ME moving back into 2017.

I guess it's Star Ocean 5, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV this year then. Still not a bad year for RPGs considering the alternatives...

Not like this mang, not like this.

I swear to God if Recker comes back...

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
uuggh, bummed about ME moving back into 2017.

I guess it's Star Ocean 5, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV this year then. Still not a bad year for RPGs considering the alternatives...

Yeah, still huge. I'm personally really looking forward to FFXV and SO5. I might pick up P5, too.

Andromeda in March 2017 suits me fine. Tis my favorite series alongside Final Fantasy and I was sort of dreading how to come up with the time needed to play both it and FFXV this holiday season, heh.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
BF4's campaign was great! 3 was enjoyable, but yeah I definitely had a blast with 4
The actual gameplay and design? Or just the tech? Because those campaigns are terribly designed relatively speaking and not to mention still glitchy.

diaspora

Mass Effect not dropping this year is a massive disappointment for me. I guess I can play The Division in the mean time but still.

McHuj

Really excited for the next BF, but I hope they don't go too sci-fi, especially since they have Titanfall and Battlefront already.

I'd prefer bot matches on the MP maps over a half baked campaign that takes resources away from the multiplayer.

That sure worked well for Battlefront! Not having a campaign doesn't mean that devs will have more resources for multiplayer. It usually means that the publisher will just reduce the budget for the game. Just look at Battlefield 4 and compare it to Battlefront.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Gemüsepizza;193652039 said:
That sure worked well for Battlefront! Not having a campaign doesn't mean that devs will have more resources for multiplayer. It usually means that the publisher will just reduce the budget for the game. Just look at Battlefield 4 and compare it to Battlefront.

You should know you're saying that to NeoGAF's #1 Battlefront fan.

And while I would always prefer to have a campaign over no campaign, myself, Battlefront's a really fun game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

It's been three years. There aren't many shooters with a longer development cycle.

Gemüsepizza;193652039 said:
Yeah, I mean look at the sorry, broken state Battlefield 4 launched in and wasn't playable until 4 to 5 months after launch compared to the flawless launch of Battlefront.

With Battlefront they planned around their strict timetable rather than trying to stuff it full and ending up with a broken product. As much as I would have liked for Battlefront to have launched either more large maps, they are making up for it with free content.

I'd rather a game be playable at launch with more free content coming later than be unplayable at launch with a lot of content that can't even be used until later.

DICE had to build a brand new asset library and modify Frostbite for the game, that takes up a lot of time. The next Battlefront will likely be much more expansive, like how SWBF2 was compared to SWBF1.

The real talk here is Titanfall 2 coming out by next March.

I'm genuinely excited for this. As someone who's played through that game in and out, I haven't come across a shooter that's as good as Titanfall this generation.

Having both the consoles, got this one at launch for X1. I'm happy that the PS4 players will have access to this brilliant game next year and hopefully they will include a single player. I'm interested in how they would bring the story line together in the sequel.

Regardless, I'll pick it up day one, console of purchase would be based on the performance.

Was hoping Titanfall 2 would come out this year, but with Battlefield getting the holiday spot I bet Titanfall gets the Garden Warfare spot next year.

don't use ME for both of those games please. Especially in DICE threads where ME should stand for Mirrors Edge anyway. Was shocked for a moment there is a new second Mirrors Edge in the making. Bummer it was Mass Effect instead.

Thanks

You realise that there is a new Mirrors Edge and that it's out not too long from now right?

Fishook

Only Mass Effect appeals to me, but I am not holding my breath after Dragon Age: Inquisiton, but that just me. I enjoyed Titanfall and Battlefront, but I do not have the time for multiplayer these days.

Mirror's Edge will bomb, as it will get ok reviews, and will be bought by the more hardcore gamer, but it won't appeal to the masses. Then people moan when games companies don't produce new IP's anymore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So there's still one year to wait for Mass Effect? Dammit, and here I thought it would release in November or December.

Oh well, I've already been waiting 4 years anyway... might as well make it 5 huh?

No at all. is a Fact, BF4 is far more deep than BF. BF is more on the casual side. That you like the game or not, yes thats subjetive.

Half baked is subjective not a fact as your original statement implied

BF4 is Amazing now, but let's not forget the first 6 months of that product.

Thanks, Mass Effect.

Any time.

---

As for Battlefield 5, they need to simplify it. 4's unlock system is terrible and they still need to fix things like how lock-ons work against vehicles. Seriously, flying in BF4 is like a chore because half the team has EZ-mode lock-on weapons that can tag you from half-way across the map.

No at all. is a Fact, BF4 is far more deep than BF. BF is more on the casual side. That you like the game or not, yes thats subjetive.

Battlefield 4 is too convoluted is what it is.

Top Bottom