• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale: Requiem and Evil West improve the financial condition of Focus Entertainment — Atomic Heart next

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
A-Plague-Tale.jpg

Focus Entertainment summed up the results for the third quarter of this year, reporting on the success. The French company’s revenue for the past three months amounted to 76.1 million euros, exceeding expectations. The main sales drivers were A Plague Tale: Requiem and Evil West . At the same time, during the Christmas season, previously released games from the publisher also performed well.

In the first nine months of the financial year 2022-2023, revenue was 141.6 million euros, up 16% compared to the same period last year.

78% of Group sales are generated via digital partners, with international business accounting for 93% of total Group revenues in the third quarter.

Russian studio Mundfish ‘s shooter Atomic Heart will be released on PC and consoles in the fourth quarter (February 21) , and Focus Entertainment is confident that it will be a success . This will allow her to end the financial year on a high note.

hlm666

Couple of games with no gaas bullshit and without launch drama do well? Imagine that. Meanwhile suicide squad comin in like a f2p game and no one running the show will admit what the problem was when it's joining avengers in 6 months.

Isa

Gold Member
Nice to hear. I played through GP and bought Evil West on sale over the holidays(though I have yet to start it). I'm all in day 1 for Atomic Heart, though I'll probably snag the collector's edition rather than the GP route.

TwinB242

Glad to see publishers find success with smaller narrative focused SP games. I didn't play Evil West but Requiem was great.

In the middle of Plague Tale Requiem currently. Really enjoying it.
I'm going thru the wiki of the list of games and I've not played much of their stuff,
Contrast, Pix the Cat, Vampyr, Call of Cthulu, A Plague Tale, Soon Atomic Heart.

Jaybe

I would have expected more than 16% growth versus last year when you drop two new large titles.

anthony2690

Banned
I really enjoyed both these titles.

I do wish Evil West had higher res in performance mode though.

& I also wish they would fix the save file wiping bug, that you're at risk off after beating the game.

Only reason I haven't gone back and replayed it.

(Apparently it is fixed on pc, but it definitely isn't on console looking at various Reddit threads) :/

I lost my NG+ save what really rubbed me the wrong way as I wanted to do a Ng+ playthrough on the hardest difficulty. :(

Gaiff

Gold Member
Good news. I don't like a Plague Tale at all but I can see and respect the passion behind a project and they deserve the success. Much rather see that than garbage GASS making record profits.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

It's great to see a publisher with a SP focus doing well. Focus (and the studios they are working with) seem to do a good job of keeping budgets in check and turning out interesting results. We can all applaud their sanity, haha.

Nice. There needs to be more games like Evil west out there. Hopefully, this encourages them to do a follow up.

Last edited:
I'm still salty that Evil West is only 1080p on next gen consoles at 60 fps. That's pathetic! This games graphics shouldn't be that demanding. I was hoping this would sell miserably on console to send devs the message that they shoulda done a better job optimizing this.

Arsic

Gold Member
Atomic Heart has a lot of eyes on it. If it truly looks that good , has great performance, and is fun to play ? Shiiiiit.

Plague Tale is a banger and most slept in game of 2022.

EW I didn’t mess with but on a deep discount I’ll mess with it.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
In the middle of Plague Tale Requiem currently. Really enjoying it.
I'm going thru the wiki of the list of games and I've not played much of their stuff,
Contrast, Pix the Cat, Vampyr, Call of Cthulu, A Plague Tale, Soon Atomic Heart.
Vampyr is god tier vampire game. Junky but nothing major.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Happy for A Plague Tale: Requiem... Loved it to my bones! I really things it's one of the most underappreciated gems of gaming, for quality it has I see barely some people talking about it

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Evil West was a big surprise. It's a really fun game. Good for them on that one.

We'll probably see some attempts to boycott Atomic Heart just because the devs committed a cardinal sin of being Russian and therefore they may as well be dropping bombs on Ukraine personally in between writing lines of code as far as Twitter is concerned. But as we know Twitter is retarded so hopefully it won't affect the game in any significant manner.

Top Bottom