• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale Requiem Game Length to Be 15-18 Hours Long With “No Filler”

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
A-Plague-Tale-Requiem-15-to-18-hours-1536x864.jpg

Level Designer Kevin Pinson revealed that players can expect A Plague Tale Requiem’s campaign to run somewhere between 15-18 hours long.

Do note that this suggested length is based from their own playthroughs, meaning it could potentially be shorter, or longer depending on the player.

“It’s about pacing, there’s no filler, there’s no trying to make it longer because we needed to,” Pinson assures Play Magazine.

“Our publisher Focus Interactive encourages us to do the length that we want to do for the game for the story we want to tell.
So we’re not aiming for a specific amount of hours. This is not something that we take into account when we first design the game.
We are a small team of 70 people so we have to be really drastic about our choices.”

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
That tends to be the ideal length for linear games, I think. 18ish, sometimes less (some of the best are even like 8). I hope the gameplay is more engaging than the first though. I had fun, but even as someone who really likes these cinematic story-based games, I did find A Plague Tale: Innocence's gameplay sort of just made me think it would've been better as a movie.

Fbh

That's a great length for this type of game.

I think every game inherently has some filler, but at least this ensures it's not too much. Also gives it better chances of having good pacing.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Happy it’s not longer, could be shorter even. I very much enjoyed the story if the first one, but the simple gaming mechanics meant that I was happy to see the end.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Will this be GP exclusive as far as subscription services go? I enjoyed the original and want to play the sequel, but maybe not enough to pay $70 on day 1.

Louay

is this what you call borderline AAA Game ? we need more games like this that take less time to develop than current AAA games.

tommib

Will this be GP exclusive as far as subscription services go? I enjoyed the original and want to play the sequel, but maybe not enough to pay $70 on day 1.
It’s 59 EUR in Europe, digitally. It might come to PS+ further down the road since that’s how I played the first one.

Fredrik

i fall asleep playing the first game. i think im not even half way.
Yeah I had the same problem, I think I played for two nights. Linear games needs to do more to keep me interested, gameplay and puzzles were too simplistic. The story seemed good though, I liked the art design too.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don’t want to fall in to the xCloud meme but I’d probably stream it on a tablet/laptop/PC with whatever controller you have for £1 if I didn’t have an Xbox.

tommib

I don’t want to fall in to the xCloud meme but I’d probably stream it on a tablet/laptop/PC with whatever controller you have for £1 if I didn’t have an Xbox.
Streaming is a super viable choice for games like these, narrative and cutscene heavy I mean. It’s not a meme.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'll be satisfied if it's the same length as the first game (for a 100% completion playthrough). If it's a little bit more - even better.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Viable, but the latency might cause issues in QTEs (or hopefully the game has accessibility options to mitigate that).

Why shorter? I don't know but a lot of developers are really happy with how their games perform with a day 1 GP release.
No they are not, most developers dont want they'r games day one on GP, ore any other supscription services. You clearly dont surf on internet much.

Rockstar dont want to put they'r new games day one on GP. EA have they'r own sup service, and only putting demo's of theyr games on GP. Ubisoft have they'r own sup service, they dont do that either.
Most developers taking the route of releasing there games first at retail and console and pc gameshops and much later on streaming services. Cleary you are misinformed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sounds good to me.

Glad people enjoy these great linear cinematic third person adventures.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No they are not, most developers dont want they'r games day one on GP, ore any other supscription services. You clearly dont surf on internet much.

Rockstar dont want to put they'r new games day one on GP. EA have they'r own sup service, and only putting demo's of theyr games on GP. Ubisoft have they'r own sup service, they dont do that either.
Most developers taking the route of releasing there games first at retail and console and pc gameshops and much later on streaming services. Cleary you are misinformed.

Their.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
First game already dragged on quite a bit in parts - mostly on the back of mechanics not being good enough to really support the length, but still.
Here's hoping sequel refined/improved that to make it work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom