• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale TV Show is in the Works (IGN)

kingfey

Banned

A Plague Tale TV series is in the works, and French director Mathieu Turi has confirmed that he is working on the adaptation.

As spotted by Eurogamer, French website Allocine announced that the extraordinary medieval fantasy world of A Plague Tale will be adapted into a TV series, with plans to keep the show "closer to its setting and to the games' original Bordeaux-based developer Asobo" rather than being handed over to any of the US production studios that have shown interest.

Mathieu Turi, who was an assistant director on Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, confirmed his involvement in the series on Twitter, writing, "I'm honored to work on the adaptation as a TV series of A Plague Tale. Thank you to Asobo Studio and Focus Entertainment for their trust. I can't wait to bring Amicia and Hugo's journey to the screen!"

A Plague Tale: Innocence was released back in 2019, and told a grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history during the 14th century Hundred Years' War of France. The action-adventure stealth game received generally favorable reviews from critics, setting a sequel into motion.

IGN awarded A Plague Tale: Innocence a 7 out of 10, noting that the "story of two orphans surviving in a world ravaged by the Black Death is compelling and the stealth gameplay that runs through it is fine-tuned, but the rat-infested world looks more dangerous than it actually is" as the game offers "a level of convenience that undercuts the perilous world."

The upcoming sequel, A Plague Tale: Requiem, will directly follow Innocence's storyline, including bringing back heroes Amicia and Hugo for another journey of survival as they head south after escaping their homeland. The game is set to release on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PC, and Nintendo Switch (via a Cloud Version) sometime in 2022.

nivix

Neo Member
I'm interested, but I think I'd prefer a movie or mini-series. I don't think there's enough characters or story for a TV show. Also, I would worry that the story will never be concluded and we'll get a lot of filler episodes designed to drag things out.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm interested, but I think I'd prefer a movie or mini-series. I don't think there's enough characters or story for a TV show. Also, I would worry that the story will never be concluded and we'll get a lot of filler episodes designed to drag things out.
Kind of agree with this. But the IP is a strong candidate for the TV treatment I reckon.

Depends how much they lead into the Inquisition sub plots etc

kingfey

Banned
Kind of agree with this. But the IP is a strong candidate for the TV treatment I reckon.

Depends how much they lead into the Inquisition sub plots etc
medieval period tends to have more materials. These type of IPs are suited better as a series, since you can add more contents.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I'm more interested in the sequel than a TV series telling the same story but it's still interesting to see how Mathieu Turi will adapt it. I'm proud of Asobo as a fellow Bordeaux dweller myself. The studio is talented and growth to be able to continue working on Flight Simulator for the coming years while having a full team on A Plague Tale.

SeraphJan

The franchise deserves more love and attention, but definitely not by making a live action show.

Last edited:

Fbh

Could be good. I enjoyed the first one but the plot and world were definitely the main appeal.
They better not cheap out on the rat CGI though

Darsxx82

The story has great potential to bring it to TV or even cinema. I hope it runs on a decent budget and decent effects.

Top Bottom