• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A pretty good definition of what "woke" is in media

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkscz

Don't know how many of you watch the Critical Drinker on youtube but he's a Scottish movie reviewer and novelist known for his honesty (and drinking).

He goes over what he believes should be considered "woke" when it comes to media and I personally agree with him, it's less about whether or not the movie has things like diversity in race or sexuality and more about if it becomes obsessive with it to the point it's messages completely overlaps it's story.

What do you guys think?

MikeM

Meh. If people want to identify as a chair, so be it. If media has more diversity from it, then cool.

🤷‍♂️

Edit: never heard of this youtuber and didn’t watch the video.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
AogDaUh.jpg

Vestal

Gold Member
WOKE = MAGA

They are both the same stupid thing..

Aka.. one sides adjective for everything that is wrong with the other..

In other words.. LAZINESS and lack of ingenuity in crafting an opposing argument in any given situation.

DKehoe

Gold Member
It's hard to keep up with what is and isn't woke or problematic these days. Those terms no longer seem to really have any meaning. Like I've seen Avatar 2 called both woke and problematic. Culture warriors like Critical Drinker spend their time fixating on that stuff so they see it everywhere.

MilkyJoe

Pretending to be offended on other people's behalf is the worst. I'd never get tired of punching those people in the face.

The one that cracks me up is people that treat "people of colour" like they are fragile, and can't look ut for themselves... How insulting is that?? And for the record..."people of colour" what they really mean is there are white people and everyone else. That's some racist shit right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom