• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A speedrunner has already managed to complete The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in 94 minutes

Draugoth

Gold Member
A player has already managed to complete The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in around an hour and a half.

Zelda speedrunner gymnast86 has posted a time of 1:34:33 for a full speedrun of the game without the use of any amiibo (note: the video obviously contains major spoilers, including the game’s ending).

In a separate video explaining how he pulled it off, gymnast86 shows the basic route he followed to complete the game and some of the tricks he used. Again, this contains spoilers, so watch this at your own volition.

The speedrunner also noted that some of the tricks that were possible in Breath of the Wild have seemingly been ‘fixed’ by Nintendo, meaning players will need to find other shortcuts through the gameÇ

From what we can tell, almost none of the glitches that were present in Breath of the Wild seem to have made it into Tears of the Kingdom”, he notes.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that we won’t ever be able to perform these glitches, but just that the methods we know of activating them in Breath of the Wild won’t work in this game.

The speedrun makes use of the game’s new weapon-fusing ability, which enables players to make their own, more powerful weapons by attaching two items together.

Eotheod

Good on them, glad they got their worth out of the game. I know for me I'll have a stupid amount of hours to invest, but it is different for everyone.

Lunarorbit

I think I'm the only one not excited about this game. Really liked botw but I'm definitely not in the mood to play this style of Zelda in the foreseeable future.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Artie Pie

D9bjND5X4AAdAEi.jpg

Lasha

Does TotK have a final area you can beeline to after the introduction like BotW? BotW can be beaten pretty quickly without glitches so the times aren't too crazy.

Good on them, glad they got their worth out of the game. I know for me I'll have a stupid amount of hours to invest, but it is different for everyone.
To be fair, the only way to speed run a game is to play it constantly to get to the point of speed running.

Top Bottom