• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Spider-Man is going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ac.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I so want to like all the regular Spider books... but... I just can't..

Bowser

DarienA said:
That's not the Spiderman he was talking about when he said Spiderman is going to die. He's talking about Ezek

Ah ok, I was just being humorous anyway. I don't read Amazing Spider-Man (but I will starting with #509), so I don't know anything about the current storyline.

lordmrw

If all of you want to know........

Ezekiel is going to leave peter in south america so that the spider gate keeper will kill him instead. But after he leaves, he thinks about how Peter fought to 'protect' him over the past few months and goes back. He sacrifices himself so that Peter will live. I got this from that Handbook of the Marvel Universe that came out yesterday.

Volt

I really don't like the Spider-Man monthly comics anymore.. I guess I never was a true fan of the character even as a kid (much prefering Avengers and X-Men then), and I still don't really like a huge part of his villian gallery (The Vulture, c'mon ??). OTOH : Ultimate Spidey rocks !!!

The regular Spider-Man series need someone fresh to write the stories, and no, I don't consider Millar to be the kind of "fresh" that Spidey needs. Maybe Azzarello will have to give it a shot after doing a good job over at Batman and Superman ? :)

nomoment

Spike Spiegel said:
Given that J. Michael Straczynski has been writing ASM for years now, and is also writing #509... huh?
The book feels different now that JMS is finished with the whole Spider-Totem, Ezekiel nonsense. Read the free issue and try and tell me it's just as bad. You can't.

nomoment

Volt said:
Maybe Azzarello will have to give it a shot after doing a good job over at Batman and Superman ? :)

Azzarello's Batman run, and current Superman run is some of the worst stuff ever. What are you talking about?

Mashing

JMS writes Spidey comics? I didn't know that (then again I don't really keep up with his career, I just like his stuff)....

Unless that's not JMS, just someone with the same last name.

Edit: and what's with his facination with using Ezekiel in his stuff... he used that name in Jeremiah too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom