• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abandoned gameplay reveal coming soon! #PS5 exclusive #NotAKojimaProduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
For something coming in Q4 of this year they're still showing remarkably little. But it's good looking scenery I suppose.

Kdad

Wouldn't it be Blue Point x 8?

Blue Square would be Blue Point x4
Quantum points that exist in 2 places at once?

(I'm an economist and knoe nothing about physics, this is a layman's out of my ass attempt at applying my physics knowledge)

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Imagine if this is not SH/Kojima related, those indie devs must feel like shit because everyone will be disappointed. Lmao.

Hopefully you guys are right.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
"Prepare for a cinematic ..."

isleep.jpg

How is it that Sony can maange to put out games, what has there competition been doing the last couple years…..

no one works harder then Sony i swear, be it Managing there Studios to make games or striking deals. Sony is really incredible and deserve the Money they get from fans

elliot5

How is it that Sony can maange to put out games, what has there competition been doing the last couple years…..

no one works harder then Sony i swear, be it Managing there Studios to make games or striking deals. Sony is really incredible and deserve the Money they get from fans
i don't think this is the game to be throwing around that kind of praise, especially when sony has nothing to really do with it

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There is no way this isnt a bait and switch. Im not saying its kojima but Im not taking everything im seeing at face value here.
Yeah, something just feels off with this. It'd be funny if it indeed turns out to be a straight-forward PS5 game by Bluebox studios lol.

But even if we ignore the Kojima theories, Sony doesn't do stuff like this:
  • Get a PS5 exclusive from a nobody 10-person studio
  • Announce it randomly (no State of Play or event)
  • Announce that gameplay will be coming soon
  • Depending on how long that "soon" is, there is no State of Play or PS5 event lined up anytime soon. They'd do it after a few weeks of Ratchet & Clank (and after E3 events by Xbox and others). So there is a possibility that the gameplay footage may be showcased outside of any event.
None of this feels normal or ... right.

Dabaus

Banned
Yeah, something just feels off with this. It'd be funny if it indeed turns out to be a straight-forward PS5 game by Bluebox studios lol.

But even if we ignore the Kojima theories, Sony doesn't do stuff like this:
  • Get a PS5 exclusive from a nobody 10-person studio
  • Announce it randomly (no State of Play or event)
  • Announce that gameplay will be coming soon
  • Depending on how long that "soon" is, there is no State of Play or PS5 event lined up anytime soon. They'd do it after a few weeks of Ratchet & Clank (and after E3 events by Xbox and others). So there is a possibility that the gameplay footage may be showcased outside of any event.
None of this feels normal or ... right.
I agree. Id add they added a release date time frame as well. Unless Sony really feels like survival strategy game from a studio no one has ever heard of is the next big thing which is extremely random. Tin Foil hat and maybe im misremembering but Its also after the announcement of this game did we get hit with a deluge of negative stories including kijima not working with sony and gamepass astroturf marketing really ramped up.

A.Romero

Blue Box Game Studios has a curator page in Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/33594383-BLUE-BOX-Game-Studios/#browse

They only have one single game there (Early Access):

IDZI0Zk.jpg

For some reason the media tag is not displaying properly. This is the link to the game:
Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/697810/The_Haunting_Blood_Water_Curse_EARLY_ACCESS/?curator_clanid=33594383

It looks fairly similar to the teased game. It's early access with negative reviews. It's developed and published by CreateQ Interactive but couldn't find a website for that company.

Something else, the developer answered a review for that game, the Steam ID is SneakyWarriorr... Checking on the profile, he belongs to the Blue Box Studios Steam group (no info displayed there).

Last edited:
Blue Box Game Studios has a curator page in Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/33594383-BLUE-BOX-Game-Studios/#browse

They only have one single game there (Early Access):

IDZI0Zk.jpg

For some reason the media tag is not displaying properly. This is the link to the game:
Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/697810/The_Haunting_Blood_Water_Curse_EARLY_ACCESS/?curator_clanid=33594383

It looks fairly similar to the teased game. It's early access with negative reviews. It's developed and published by CreateQ Interactive but couldn't find a website for that company.

Something else, the developer answered a review for that game, the Steam ID is SneakyWarriorr... Checking on the profile, he belongs to the Blue Box Studios Steam group (no info displayed there).

SneakyWarriorr = Snake

Last edited:

A.Romero

Whoever thinks this is a kojima game is in for some disappointments

Yes, after finding some tidbits about their previous games not only it's not a Kojima game but it doesn't look like they are good developers (based on previous productions).

Still, their marketing campaign was effective on me so I'll be watching the reveal.

supernova8

Banned
The English on their website is incorrect:

As you probably have noticed, our new website is partially online. We are still working on this. We expect the website fully up and running by next week.
Should be something like:
As you have probably have noticed, our new website is partially online. We are still working on this. We expect the website to be fully up and running by next week.

On april 7th 2021 we announced Abandoned being in development exclusively for PS5. You can find the announcement here. Gameplay demonstration will follow up shortly.
On April 7th 2021, we announced that Abandoned being is in development exclusively for PS5. You can find the announcement here. We will release a gameplay demonstration soon will follow up shortly.

Our main goal is to produce high quality games for PC & consoles. Creating unforgettable experiences, and unparallel user interactions in our games, we want to define our own passion of creating videogames.
This sentence doesn't seem strange other than the "unparallel" error but something about it doesn't sound very native.
Our main goal is to produce high quality games for PC & consoles. Creating unforgettable experiences, and unparalleled user interactions in our games, we want to define our own passion of creating videogames.

It could well be that these are just European/Russian/Chinese whatever developers who are simply not native speakers.. Still, having lived in Japan for a while now (and working with Japanese people), some of this English sounds like the sort of stuff you get here in Japan, where it sounds/looks fine at first glance but then you realise it doesn't really make any sense after a second read.

So, yes, I agree it could be a Japanese team and therefore Kojima Productions.

Read into that what you will.. but the website does seem a bit fishy.

Markio128

One way or another, this is a new game, which is always a good thing, but I have to agree that this announcement has been a little on the odd side.

Calverz

I feel bad for these developers. Trying to build some excitement for their game only to be met by basement dwelling sony fans who are convinced its a kojima made exclusive 😞

GHG

Gold Member
The website and logo make me think something is off.

Zero expectations either way but let's see.

FranXico

The English on their website is incorrect:

This sentence doesn't seem strange other than the "unparallel" error but something about it doesn't sound very native.

It could well be that these are just European/Russian/Chinese whatever developers who are simply not native speakers.. Still, having lived in Japan for a while now (and working with Japanese people), some of this English sounds like the sort of stuff you get here in Japan, where it sounds/looks fine at first glance but then you realise it doesn't really make any sense after a second read.

So, yes, I agree it could be a Japanese team and therefore Kojima Productions.

Read into that what you will.. but the website does seem a bit fishy.
That kind of English could just as easily be from eastern europeans...

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of that game for the Wii which was massively hyped then never even released, Sadness maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom