• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Era member coming back here and this place slowly turning into Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus Jr

Banned
mod edit: the actual story of this users history

warnsp0jg9.png

and their unjust ban

warnsx2jzw.png

So let me tell my story here

We are aware thats theres been alot of neo and more neo member coming back to this place since last year

Gradually of course theyre integrating into full member and some perhaps elected into mods/ admin?

Dont know but asking have you guys seeing any subtle change here lately?

I cant find the regulars like MiyazakiHatesKojima, Mista, StiflersMom, Brap etc where are they?

Did anyone get rid of those people purposely or not?

Replaced with new people that..i cant really recognize...

And of course im here to tell my own story from getting a temp ban from someone around here

So heres my story

First

My first ban warning was from quoting an old interview between Jim Ryan regarding Gran Turismo showing his displeased with the franchise. The reason my thread is locked is because it was a 2019 article.

What makes me shocked is that the admin changing my title into derigatory post. ( keep asking myself was it really necesary?) He tells me youre quoting a 2019 article in 2021? Im speechless or something like that.

Second

My second thread ban was from a Resident Evil Village thread.

So you know there was story of Capcom doing plagiarism in their game. I noticed something peculiar too with some of their character.

I made a thread about Is Capcom doing another plagiarism with their Heisenberg. I told that the Heisenberg from RE Village look similar to someone from a Movie( Heisenberg from Breaking Bad). Same round hat, black glassess and even same name. My mistake was i was saying it was from Walking Dead instead of Breaking Bad and i was asking someone to fix that typho.

Regardless of that situation someone/or some admin are being very rude.

He imediatly shut down the thread and ask me not to made another thread in gaming section again

And then he chnaged the subject of the thread into another derigatory comments towards me. ( cant exactly remember what he says)

My third was when i saw someone quoting an xbox influencers ( cant exactly remember who could be timdog, dusk gollem or someone else). And i replied to hin wow these xboxers are such an astroturfers. What i meant by "these" are that people in the video he linked not all box gamers. But the person seems to be trigered and jumped the gun already and decided to take his own action.

And then he proceed by giving a ban it says. " youve been warned...how stupid can you get? Or something like that?" ( even tho im not making any thread there..just replying a comments there)

My story is that these particular behavior are familiar on the other sites and it seems to start appear here

Could it be that some Era member are coming back here, becoming mods and start to spread their influence ?

I remember talking to some the admins ( was it MuskyCheese or DickGrayson).

He says that theyre not going to lock or close a thread no matter how controversial or ridiculous it is. They will let people decide if these thread are worthy or not. If people are not unterested than the thread will get burried quickly.

This is of course different from latter on when some of the admins are taking their own action of selecting the threat they deemed worthy or not.

So help us out here with this situation on how do we need to make a thread that is allowed here or not so were not repeating he same mistakes? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Got links to your unjust bans?

Regardless I can already guarantee that, based on your OP, all of them were your fault and not because of some resetera brain drain.
I cant remeber that. I want to talk about that there use to be a ban review here, wheres it gone

Airbus Jr

Banned
I didn’t realise shooting down insane conspiracies and banning the closest racists = era.

Unless you’re constantly constant warring or breaking site rules this hasn’t changed to era.

Take your ban like a champ, not a cum chump.
Theres no console warring there you can see it yourself

theres nothing or anything resembling console waring about Jim Ryan GT article and Resident Evil Village plagiarism thread...

I see someone is trying to make my history post appear and trying to make his action seems justified.

Feel free to judge but im talking about those 3 post and the unsecesary rude reply. Someone need to adress that

Last edited:
So let me tell my story here

We are aware thats theres been alot of neo and more neo member coming back to this place since last year

Gradually of course theyre integrating into full member and some perhaps elected into mods/ admin?

Dont know but asking have you guys seeing any subtle change here lately?

I cant find the regulars like MiyazakiHatesKojima, Mista, StiflersMom, Brap etc where are they?

Did anyone get rid of those people purposely or not?

Replaced with new people that..i cant really recognize...

And of course im here to tell my own story from getting a temp ban from someone around here

So heres my story

First

My first ban warning was from quoting an old interview between Jim Ryan regarding Gran Turismo showing his displeased with the franchise. The reason my thread is locked is because it was a 2019 article.

What makes me shocked is that the admin changing my title into derigatory post. ( keep asking myself was it really necesary?) He tells me youre quoting a 2019 article in 2021? Im speechless or something like that.

Second

My second thread ban was from a Resident Evil Village thread.

So you know there was story of Capcom doing plagiarism in their game. I noticed something peculiar too with some of their character.

I made a thread about Is Capcom doing another plagiarism with their Heisenberg. I told that the Heisenberg from RE Village look similar to someone from a Movie( Heisenberg from Breaking Bad). Same round hat, black glassess and even same name. My mistake was i was saying it was from Walking Dead instead of Breaking Bad and i was asking someone to fix that typho.

Regardless of that situation someone/or some admin are being very rude.

He imediatly shut down the thread and ask me not to made another thread in gaming section again

And then he chnaged the subject of the thread into another derigatory comments towards me. ( cant exactly remember what he says)

My third was when i saw someone quoting an xbox influencers ( cant exactly remember who could be timdog, dusk gollem or someone else). And i replied to hin wow these xboxers are such an astroturfers. What i meant by "these" are that people in the video he linked not all box gamers. But the person seems to be trigered and jumped the gun already and decided to take his own action.

And then he proceed by giving a ban it says. " youve been warned...how stupid can you get? Or something like that?" ( even tho im not making any thread there..just replying a comments there)

My story is that these particular behavior are familiar on the other sites and it seems to start appear here

Could it be that some Era member are coming back here, becoming mods and start to spread their influence ?

I remember talking to some the admins ( was it MuskyCheese or DickGrayson).

He says that theyre not going to lock or close a thread no matter how controversial or ridiculous it is. They will let people decide if these thread are worthy or not. If people are not unterested than the thread will get burried quickly.

This is of course different from latter on when some of the admins are taking their own action of selecting the threat they deemed worthy or not.

So help us out here with this situation on how do we need to make a thread that is allowed here or not so were not repeating he same mistakes? Thanks

Shut the fuck up.

nush

Gold Member
I just got perrmabanned on Era for reporting someone for calling someone a "white piece of shit." I think this place is long way away from allowing anti white racism and banning everyone that thinks it's not ok.

You just don't get it do you? Centuries of white supremacy means you can't be racist to white people! /S

BigBooper

You trying to grasp onto the coattails of past members who didn't want to adjust to rule changes is not exactly a winning strategy. BTW, I'm sure Evilore was fully aware of them not accepting the changes. He made them after all. I don't think this is some double agent prodigal mods.

To answer your question about the regulars that disappeared:

I think most couldn't/refused to adapt to some of the (necessary) changes that were made on the forum.
being a new member here, it'd be interesting to know what rule changes led to those leaving. i mean, i spent yesterday morning posting about WW2 atrocities then spent the afternoon reversing a dog poop gif and posting it. exactly how permissive is this place supposed to be?

bender

What time is it?
The same thing happened to me OP, wrote a song about it, wanna hear it, here it go.

You're broken down and tired
Of living life on a merry go round
And you can't find the fighter
But I see it in you so we gonna walk it out
And move mountains
We gonna walk it out
And move mountains
And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
And I'll rise up
High like the waves
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I'll rise up
For you
For you
For you
For you
When the silence isn't quiet
And it feels like it's getting hard to breathe
And I know you feel like dying
But I promise we'll take the world to its feet
And move mountains
Bring it to its feet
And move mountains
And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
For you
For you
For you
For you
All we need, all we need is hope
And for that we have each other
And for that we have each other
And we will rise
We will rise
We'll rise, oh, oh
We'll rise
I'll rise up
Rise like the day
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I will rise a thousand times again
And we'll rise up
High like the waves
We'll rise up
In spite of the ache
We'll rise up
And we'll do it a thousand times again
For you
For you
For you
For you
Ah, ah, ah, ah

ManaByte

being a new member here, it'd be interesting to know what rule changes led to those leaving. i mean, i spent yesterday morning posting about WW2 atrocities then spent the afternoon reversing a dog poop gif and posting it. exactly how permissive is this place supposed to be?

Easy. No politics.

That evolved from no nutbar conspiracy theories tied to politics. But banning politics seems to cover all of that at once.

Hatemachine

Banned
I don't really give a shit about OP's situation but whoever wrote the ban comments "Like promised here is your follow through. How stupid do you have to be?" is a perfect example of a moderator who has pathetic, miserable existence in real life and comes onto internet message boards to be a hard ass. Not unlike the mods at Resetera.

Last edited:

Xenon

To answer your question about the regulars that disappeared:

I think most couldn't/refused to adapt to some of the (necessary) changes that were made on the forum.

It's a bit more complicated than that. It was a pretty drastic change considering how the politics section of this forum was its most popular for a long time.

I get the reason for the change and in light of everything that went down after January 8th it made sense. But at the same time it was a little bit of a bizarro world where you had the people who formally wanted to infuse politics into everything calling out people for saying anything political.There was one person of little significance who was engaging in the calculated act of getting into debates over whether something was political and getting the person banned. It was a tactic that was used quite often by the people who formed Resetera. It was sad to see a comeback of his forum. Thankfully though I think it's kind of levelled off and people can actually bring up things that are political if it's involved with the actual game or movie in question. But it does show that there are people on this forum who'd love to see it go back to what it once was before the split to Resetera.

Im not gonna lie, I miss having a one stop shop for politics and gaming. But considering the original fight was to keep that stuff separate I guess I'm fine with going to another forum for the former.

Last edited:

BigBooper

No politics was the big one, but there was a lot of very fringe content. There were threads that devolved into mocking specific gaming outlets. There was a huge thread dedicated to mocking the absurdity and clowns 🤡 of modern society. That's the only one I miss, but admittedly it was mostly political so it would be gone now anyways. These changes were seen as bending to the same social pressure that was censoring all of social media by some, who went out in a supposed blaze of glory to make their point.

highrider

Banned
I’m not really up on it. I’m sure I liked all the banned people. This isn’t unique to forums. At some point adults became at least in percentages high enough to be a force everywhere, kind of pansies 🤷‍♂️

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Maybe just like...don't post bullshit? I don't even know you or recognize your posts, OP, but like...I legitimately can't imagine posting something that would warrant a ban. It just seems like such an easy thing to avoid. Similar to real life, just don't be a knob. Barring that, realize that you aren't appealing to the UN. It's a gaming forum. Not really a huge deal. You could never post here again and you'd probably be okay. Six months of intense therapy, tops.

Maybe just like...don't post bullshit? I don't even know you or recognize your posts, OP, but like...I legitimately can't imagine posting something that would warrant a ban. It just seems like such an easy thing to avoid. Similar to real life, just don't be a knob. Barring that, realize that you aren't appealing to the UN. It's a gaming forum. Not really a huge deal. You could never post here again and you'd probably be okay. Six months of intense therapy, tops.
only 6 months? i could do that standing on my head! dogpoop.gif ahoy!!!

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I don't know about mods, but people with era-like mentality have definitely started popping up in various threads. It shouldn't be a problem unless the mods are going to start aggressively defending them and blatantly banning people for having different opinions than them (like it's been happening on era since day 1).

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Honestly the crazy circus that was politics had it’s charm, but we’re better off.

You know that old saying, no politics and no religion amongst friends ye?

Makes for a nice breather from RL stuff. Gaf is now just games and shitposting as God ordained.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I don't know about mods, but people with era-like mentality have definitely started popping up in various threads. It shouldn't be a problem unless the mods are going to start aggressively defending them and blatantly banning people for having different opinions than them (like it's been happening on era since day 1).

Yeah, differing opinions shouldn't be a deal breaker. You can't claim to hate Era and in the same sentence demand a safe space.

nush

Gold Member
I don't really give a shit about OP's situation but whoever wrote the ban comments "Like promised here is your follow through. How stupid do you have to be?" is a perfect example of a moderator who has pathetic, miserable existence in real life and comes onto internet message boards to be a hard ass. Not unlike the mods at Resetera.
Username checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom