• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Era member coming back here and this place slowly turning into Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Used to visit there regular until it became a cesspit of identity politics and creepy shit. Thats their bag so let them be. After lurking for at least a decade I signed up here. Leaving politics out of this place is the right decision imo.

But there is a huge gap in volume of threads and news though, that would be best remedied if people posted more quality stuff on games and less banging on about era like it was their ex.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OP seems a bit misguided but none of those seem like ban worthy offenses.

the dude is just annoying. i get that no one wants to deal with annoying people but punishing people for having a atypical personality seems a bit harsh.

bender

What time is it?

the dude is just annoying. i get that no one wants to deal with annoying people but punishing people for having a atypical personality seems a bit harsh.

It's important to be loveable, even if annoying.

dream

But at the same time, he could always just not be annoying. It’s harder to get banned than it is to not be banned.

And it’s not like the moderation staff here is unreasonable about shit. I was perm’d for pushing back at some of the crazies in politics. A few months later I emailed evilore who pretty much instantly reversed the ban and welcomed me back.

T8SC

My first ban warning was from quoting an old interview between Jim Ryan regarding Gran Turismo showing his displeased with the franchise. The reason my thread is locked is because it was a 2019 article.

My second thread ban was from a Resident Evil Village thread.

My third was when i saw someone quoting an xbox influencers

a9ELB2rd_700w_0.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
But at the same time, he could always just not be annoying. It’s harder to get banned than it is to not be banned.

And it’s not like the moderation staff here is unreasonable about shit. I was perm’d for pushing back at some of the crazies in politics. A few months later I emailed evilore who pretty much instantly reversed the ban and welcomed me back.
annoying people dont know they are being annoying.

i think they would learn on their own if no one replies to their posts and puts them ignore. I also liked the moderation style of letting things resolve on their own.

dream

annoying people dont know they are being annoying.

i think they would learn on their own if no one replies to their posts and puts them ignore. I also liked the moderation style of letting things resolve on their own.
True, but wouldn’t the bans be a good indication that they should dial it back a bit?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm one of those people that recently migrated back and have no regrets. I feel like you can say a little bit more and as long as you're a respectful enough everything should be allowed. It's okay not to like this or that and be respectful about it because it's not your cup of tea but over on reset, you can't say anything even if you try to tippy toe and pussyfoot around things and who wants to be in a place like that?

I even had a private short conversation with one of the admins to make sure that I can come back and post exactly the way I've been. Non-controversial, not without my sense of wit or humor, and just generally somebody that wants to be able to come to a place and have good discussion that isn't overly political.

Stupid stuff like that divides us and then when you have people that are trying to be whistleblowers and tell you that you have to think and act a certain way then you are entering a state of more communist type environment. This is what I feel reset era has become.

It's not some happy accident that I guess the topic Creator makes a thread like this because I figured that I'm not the only one that has been looking for a different place because I'm just tired of all the stupidity that's over there and the fact that you have to be a certain way in order to get along over there with opinions that don't necessarily agree with the higher powers all the time.

For all the turmoil and stuff that this place went through a long time ago I think that coming back, this is a good place to be. If threads about voluptuous bosoms and big old titties hard for you then you could ignore them but there is good discussion that is more open and I appreciate that a lot. I'm no different than anybody else, got a wife and kids and a lot of stuff going on, love my high-end computer, my PlayStation 5, and just want to have a good time.

Now go get your fucking shine box!

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Used to visit there regular until it became a cesspit of identity politics and creepy shit. Thats their bag so let them be. After lurking for at least a decade I signed up here. Leaving politics out of this place is the right decision imo.

But there is a huge gap in volume of threads and news though, that would be best remedied if people posted more quality stuff on games and less banging on about era like it was their ex.

Especially off topic seems to have too few people, lots of interesting topics aren't on here.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I just got perrmabanned on Era for reporting someone for calling someone a "white piece of shit." I think this place is long way away from allowing anti white racism and banning everyone that thinks it's not ok.
Oh wow. That's terrible. I guess it's ok to hate on whites yet every other race on there has some kind of sanctuary (I'm a migrant Hispanic with a black wife lol). My point is that I'm fair and have no bias not do I like to see anyone get slandered or not have a problem with harsh language such as the one reported.

pel1300

Many new names here are not era level crazy, but they do have that smug, elitist, collectivist attitude of ostracizing people that started in neogaf before the purge a few years ago.

Just look at the replies ITT.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

I don't mind people from Era coming here to post. Their arguments still have to stand up to the scrutiny and counter-arguments of other posters, which as we all know does not always work out. Better them being challenged on their views (and challenged respectfully, in the best case scenario) than simply conforming to right-think/wrong-think rules in a M*rxist echo chamber. Ideally, we could do this in a politics thread as well, but this is better than nothing, I suppose.

RoboEight

I mean who cares if some come back, as much as everyone wants to rip on ERA many members there aren't batshit insane, infact it's a small group of people who have turned that place rotten but most just wanna talk games. I'll admit this isn't my original account in fact I was a member of GAF for years (no I didn't get banned or anything like that I just decided to start over when I decided to post again on forums) and after people jumped ship I just kind of fell off the whole forum thing because I was getting a bit tired of GAF at that time and to have those people start a forum I really didn't want much to do with it so I just kind of lurked around mostly and took a break from forums. I will admit I didn't really use the politics forum because I didn't agree with like 95% of the stuff in there and really just wanted to talk about games but I'm also not thin skinned and I'm not gonna cry every time someone has an opinion that differs and ERA is a miserable place because of that very mentality so I'm not surprised people are gonna come back. Honestly let them more growth only means more discussions and I'm honestly happy the majority of this forum is just gaming now because I feel like most forums always seem to get away from that and if you're gonna have the attitude of "oh great ERA people are are coming back" then you are no better than them.

Velcro Fly

No I never really feel like I have to walk around on eggshells here or simply not post my two cents for fear of pissing off the mods here.

This place is not becoming ERA. There is a basic threshold of decency that is required to be able to post here. Every time you post really dumb shit and get in trouble screaming about how we are becoming ERA is the most annoying fucking thing. I was here before ERA. I went to ERA but chose not to really burn my bridge on the way out of here. I'm back here now because ERA is an intolerable place. GAF is nothing like ERA. I don't see the rampant hypocrisy here I saw there. I don't see the clique behavior bullshit that is rampant over there. This place is just an internet message board. Like come the fuck on.

teezzy

Banned
I don't really give a shit about OP's situation but whoever wrote the ban comments "Like promised here is your follow through. How stupid do you have to be?" is a perfect example of a moderator who has pathetic, miserable existence in real life and comes onto internet message boards to be a hard ass. Not unlike the mods at Resetera.

Dude you listen to Nine Inch Nails

Pilgrimzero

Man, Era has issues with shitty modding no doubt but good god you guys like to complain about them every chance you get.

Meanwhile they over there like:
Think Mad Men GIF

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The hardcore, mega-woke Era members will never come back. I am super liberal, I don't think anyone here would say otherwise, and Era is a million times more performative and uninformed than I care to deal with. I blackholed their domain name and known IP's months ago. The people who come back from there are very easy to spot. They're always full of anger and just seething to start a fight.

nush

Gold Member
The people who come back from there are very easy to spot. They're always full of anger and just seething to start a fight.

That's probably because the community has done such a great job of sealing the echo chamber that those people have nobody left to attack and call bigot istaphobes so they need to go to other communities to get their dopamine hit and smash the report button like a skinner box. Low post count letter posters that seem to arrive in batches drawn like moths to a flame only on certain topics.

INC

Most people i interact with on here, are nothing like Era, they actually wanna have a conversation, and listen to an opinion

Thats nothing like Era

NahaNago

Most people i interact with on here, are nothing like Era, they actually wanna have a conversation, and listen to an opinion

Thats nothing like Era
I agree, but I do feel like some folks from Era have infiltrated and started to corrupt the forums. Visit the halo thread that talks about cortana's newish look. I don't really think the forum will ever go back to the way it was even before this place went crazy. Most people have been either indoctrinated by pc culture or simply just self censor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom