• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Era member coming back here and this place slowly turning into Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
no-girls-allowed-vintage-rusty-metal-sign-no-girls-allowed-vintage-rusty-metal-sign-white-background-vector-illustration-144426145.jpg
sad scream queens GIF

Dont know but asking have you guys seeing any subtle change here lately?
Now that you mention it, the mods have been behaving somewhat serpentine lately. It's not obvious at first glance, but they've made quite a few obscure references to the Anunnaki and a certain planet called Nibiru.
I'm pretty certain the administration has been replaced by lizard people and Gaf has become their online-nexus.

Just take a look at the Aliens & UFOs thread, I think they are preparing us for their new world order. Hence the politics ban, since they don't want us to uncover their nefarious plans. Covid, the great reset... it all makes sense now, this has been in the planning for a long time now.

AJUMP23

I don't think I console war, but I get warnings that I am. Which of you fellow GAFers wants me to IM you when I get another warning I think is unjust? :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Era was finished in 2017 they’re soft forum posters who make excuses, I insist and appreciate GAF who positioned themselves as a forum for gamers and not just fishing for attention like ERA.

down 2 orth

That falls under "every chance". And we're more or less under the same restriction, we've all been asked several times to not bring up REEE as often as we used to when the general thread was still running.
So if I went on Era and said "Hey everyone, you should post of GAF because the mods don't go crazy with the ban hammer there!" there would be zero repercussions?

being a new member here, it'd be interesting to know what rule changes led to those leaving. i mean, i spent yesterday morning posting about WW2 atrocities then spent the afternoon reversing a dog poop gif and posting it. exactly how permissive is this place supposed to be?
Things got really weird right after Trump lost (I came back from hiatus for the popcorn and stayed for the conversation).

Lots of alt-righters committing account sillycide and Reeeeturners shitting up the place.

As much as I love being the libertarian fence sitter and shitting on right and lefties... I think GAF is better without the politics forum... it let Off-Topic turn into a neutral ground to discuss current events without it devolving into partisan shit-slinging.

The only thing I wish was permitted was a bit more political ribbing/news but we can't have everything... and it's still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Ree. You can't even post a picture of your dog there without getting banned for 8 different hate crimes.

So if I went on Era and said "Hey everyone, you should post of GAF because the mods don't go crazy with the ban hammer there!" there would be zero repercussions?

If you do I think we should place bets on how quick you get permabanned.

Last edited:

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Read the thread title and skipped to the end without bothering to read the posts so I'm not commenting on the OP or anything else specifically, but honestly this place has gone downhill since the politics forum was nuked. Big surprise, right? Sure it was a shitshow, but it was fun and it drove a lot of traffic. A lot of the entertaining members don't come around anymore, whether it's because they got banned or it's because this place turned into an unfunny forum with overwhelmingly lazy and predictable topics and often feels like it's being run by a bunch of squares so scared of woke blowback that it's really not the edgy and fun place it once was.

I might pop in every once in a while but certainly not as much as I used to. RIP NeoGAF. You had a good run.

Raven117

Gold Member
Feels pretty good around here lately.

Its tough to know where to draw the line with the Political discussion versus current events discussion, but it seems staff is taking a hockey fight approach where they let it go for a bit, but stop it before it becomes a full blown brawl.

Read the thread title and skipped to the end without bothering to read the posts so I'm not commenting on the OP or anything else specifically, but honestly this place has gone downhill since the politics forum was nuked. Big surprise, right? Sure it was a shitshow, but it was fun and it drove a lot of traffic. A lot of the entertaining members don't come around anymore, whether it's because they got banned or it's because this place turned into an unfunny forum with overwhelmingly lazy and predictable topics and often feels like it's being run by a bunch of squares so scared of woke blowback that it's really not the edgy and fun place it once was.

I might pop in every once in a while but certainly not as much as I used to. RIP NeoGAF. You had a good run.

Guess he won't be "popping in" anytime soon!

Amirite gais?

Feeling It Music Video GIF by Apple Music

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Obligatory
Bye Bitch GIF by memecandy

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
There has been less than a hundred bans here in the last 2 days. This place isn't Era. Enforcing the rules and making sure people are not going batshit crazy with conspiracy theories or political bullshit doesn't make it Era either. Quite the opposite really.

This is the best this place has looked since I got here.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Out of curiosity, I looked up H Horns They lived almost entirely in the politics section it seems. They don't exist anymore. How sad is that? Anyway, this place is nowhere near era. We had a whole thread that you could make several books out of about era ridiculousness.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Seems about the same to me. The ban messages are still spicy.
Gaf is Gaf. Only thing I miss is the Gif & Meme competition with Musky riding into the sunset.

Now that you mention it, the mods have been behaving somewhat serpentine lately. It's not obvious at first glance, but they've made quite a few obscure references to the Anunnaki and a certain planet called Nibiru.
I'm pretty certain the administration has been replaced by lizard people and Gaf has become their online-nexus.

Just take a look at the Aliens & UFOs thread, I think they are preparing us for their new world order. Hence the politics ban, since they don't want us to uncover their nefarious plans. Covid, the great reset... it all makes sense now, this has been in the planning for a long time now.
Raptor Jesus for World President 2024.

Pejo

While we're talking trends, how about the dipshits who call anyone with an opposing opinion an Era member?

So clever. Definitely doesn't make you look homeschooled.
I think (rightfully so) people are a little on edge about this place turning back into the pre-split GAF. Mods here currently are great, but the Era mindset is very parasitic in nature, and it's no coincidence that so many people actually bought into that garbage to begin with. It preys on people's natural urges to fit in with a group and to do what is generally accepted as correct or right. I've seen quite a few posters and posts on this site again lately that are trying to place their opinions as fact and group up to dogpile people that disagree with them. Some people are a little apprehensive when they see that sort of thing.

Then again, I have seen plenty of people that have a tough time having good argumentative discussion, which leads to your point above.

Regarding OP, yea..... just more ban salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom