• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Absolute amount of PS Studio games per platform for FY2022 and FY2025 pixelcounted

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurinka

I pixelcounted the "releases per platform" graph to see the absolute amount of PS Studio games to be released in the current FY2022 and in FY2025 and made with Photoshop the related graph (top right) to see better the change.

I also calculated the percentual increase of their investment in games and specifically PS5 games (notice it's the same) to compare it to the increase of console releases. But please notice investment in a year isn't only for games released this year, very likely a majority of it it's for games released other years (future games in development or support from older games).

Which ones do you think are going to be the games for FY2022? Did I calculate something wrong in the charts?

image.png

As we can see in FY2025 they will invest more in console games, sequels and traditional games. A higher increase on PC ports, mobile games, GaaS and new IP investment doesn't mean it's going to be done at the expenses of lowering their current efforts on traditional games, games for console or sequels. They will also grow.

My findings are that PS Studios will release in the current FY2022:
  • 1 mobile game (maybe Wipeout Rush?)
  • 2 PC ports (Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection and other one, maybe a TLOU1+2DC?)
  • 4 crossgen PS4+PS5 games (maybe MLB22, GoWR, Factions and TLOU1+2DC*?)
  • 4 PS5 only games (maybe Spider-Man 2 and 3 PSVR2 games?)
And in FY2025:
  • 5 mobile games
  • 7 PC ports
  • 14 PS5 only games
* I bet as personal guess they'll release a TLOU2 Director's Cut that in PS5 (and a few months later PC) would be the PS5 native version of TLOU2 bundled with the TLOU1 remake as a single game. Its PS4 would be simply a bundle of the previous TLOU2+TLOU1 Remastered.

Notice also that their investment per IP matches the growth seen in investments for PS5 (doesn't mention PC), and that in the graph of releases there is a "PS4+PS5" group but not a "PS5+PC", which I assume means they will -as Hermen or Jimbo said several times- continue without releasing their games day one on PC by the end of FY2025 (March 2026), even if they may experiment with different distances as Hermen said.

Last edited:
Is there a chance, Sony might change this?
Considering the forecast they have for pc sales, I doubt they would get those without day1 games.
Looking at these graphics it's starting to be clear what their strategy is:

- GaaS titles will be on PC day one
- Ports of games already out on PS platforms for the rest.

Sony didn't lose interest in moving those consoles (clearly) and this way they get the best out of both worlds.

kingfey

Banned
Looking at these graphics it's starting to be clear what their strategy is:

- GaaS titles will be on PC day one
- Ports of games already out on PS platforms for the rest.

Sony didn't lose interest in moving those consoles (clearly) and this way they get the best out of both worlds.
That could make sense.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Notice also that their investment per IP matches the growth seen in investments for PS5 (doesn't mention PC), and that in the graph of releases there is a "PS4+PS5" group but not a "PS5+PC", which I assume means they will -as Hermen or Jimbo said several times- continue without releasing their games day one on PC by the end of FY2025 (March 2026), even if they may experiment with different distances as Hermen said.
rp8d9Yp.jpg

yurinka

Is there a chance, Sony might change this?
Considering the forecast they have for pc sales, I doubt they would get those without day1 games.
Yes, their plans can always change specially due to delays. But this is the plan they seem to have and in 3 years shouldn't change a lot.

Their forecast for FY2022 PC sales matches very well with releasing 2 Uncharted games remastered, 2 TLOU games (one of them only 2 years old, the other one remade), and more GoW sales than the ones it had the previous FY year because there were only counted there its first 2 months and a halft at full price (many would find it too expensive for a port of a 4 years old game, pretty likely waited for a discount).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom