• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Valhalla - 1.6.2 The Last Chapter

Reizo Ryuu

THE LAST CHAPTER​

On December 6 [it got pushed up and is live now], we will be releasing our final content update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, wrapping up two amazing years of post-launch support. Title Update 1.6.2 will include some exciting new content for the game, including The Last Chapter, a touching and intimate conclusion to Eivor’s saga.

This epilogue will tie up some of the storylines developed throughout the game and offer closure to your time among the Raven Clan.

[ACV] News - End of Post Launch Blog Post - THE LAST CHAPTER

To access The Last Chapter when it releases on [available now], you’ll need to complete the following key parts of the game:

• Complete the main storyline by pledging to all territories of England
  • Complete the mythical story arcs of Asgard and Jotunheim
  • Upgrade your settlement to level 5 and construct the Jomsviking barracks
  • Kill all targets of the Order of the Ancients and unveil its leader
Eivor's alliances are forged and her clan has its foothold in England, now the time has come to come to terms with her visions of Odin. Join Eivor in her final journey as she meets with old friends and foes in the narrative conclusion to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

SEASONAL FESTIVALS​

As Valhalla’s post-launch is coming to an end, we have some updates to share on production. We will no longer be running the time-limited festival events in Ravensthorpe.

For those who did not have the chance to participate in the Yule, Ostara, Sigrblot, or Oskoreia Festivals, all rewards from past festivals will be available at all merchants located throughout England upon completing the quest The First Night of Samhain (Glowecestrescire arc). This will give you the opportunity to acquire rewards you might have missed out on in exchange for silver. We will also be adding new content as a thank you for your continued support; specifically, new mounts and a raven.

WEEKLY FREE ITEM​

Claim a free premium item from the Animus store every week! Launch into the game and head to the Animus store to receive a randomized premium item. Most items sold in the Animus store will be available, with the only exceptions being items that are licensed content.

The offer will reset every Tuesday at 14:00 UTC, and that you will need to load a save file to redeem it.

[ACV] Title Update 1.6.2 Patch Notes - Weekly Item

We are happy to announce that our final update will add another highly requested feature by the community: the option to keep your hood up at any time.
This new option will be added to the in-game options menu, giving you the chance to always keep your hood equipped, even when taking off Eivor’s cloak. This is purely cosmetic and will not impact gameplay or detection but will allow you to further customize your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of the new feature:

We can’t wait for you to show us your best Assassin moves in combat!

We also have a few more surprises in store with this title update...but we’ll save those for our final farewell.

On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your love and support over the past two years. It is not without emotion that we bid farewell to the saga of the Wolf-Kissed.

Patch Sizes:

Xbox Series X|S: 15.1 GB
Xbox One: 13 GB
PlayStation®5: 1.82 GB
PlayStation®4: 1.46 GB
PC: 13.19 GB

SJRB

Gold Member
To access The Last Chapter when it releases on [available now], you’ll need to complete the following key parts of the game:

• Complete the main storyline by pledging to all territories of England
  • Complete the mythical story arcs of Asgard and Jotunheim
  • Upgrade your settlement to level 5 and construct the Jomsviking barracks
  • Kill all targets of the Order of the Ancients and unveil its leader

iu

Insane requirements.

Reizo Ryuu

Insane requirements.
...why?
The game has been out for 2 years, all of that is done by itself by just playing through the game; if you haven't by now then you never were going and probably uninstalled/returned the game ages ago and have no further interest in the game aside from trolling.

Larxia

I really liked Assassin's Creed Odyssey. The rpg progression was actually really cool, you could really build your character in very different ways, and the setting was amazing.

Then I tried AC Origins because a lot of people said it was even better, and I got super bored by how repetitive it is, the gameplay is really not on the same level as Odyssey, and the amount of forced sidequests to progress through the story was awful.

What are my chances of enjoying Valhalla?

It only takes a couple of hours to get bored and drop it.
Is it boring as in "RDR2 boring" (that i loved) or is the game just uninteresting overall from a setting, story perspective? I'm still recovering from the Forbidden West trauma with all the places and crappy things i had to do. I may probably do better by sticking to persona 5 then lol.

Reizo Ryuu

What are my chances of enjoying Valhalla?
depends, do you like loot drops like the game is pretending to be borderlands, no guaranteed assassinations, level gating, psychic mercenaries and stopping the gameplay flow every time you approach an enemy area?
Then you probably better to stick with Odyssey.

Spaceman292

Banned
Is it boring as in "RDR2 boring" (that i loved) or is the game just uninteresting overall from a setting, story perspective? I'm still recovering from the Forbidden West trauma with all the places and crappy things i had to do. I may probably do better by sticking to persona 5 then lol.
It's different to RDR2. It's much more comparable to Forbidden West, including the dull protagonist. Look at the list of all the shit you have to do to get the new ending.

Persona 5 is a banger though.

Not as bad as i expected. Either this or Persona 5 Royal will be my next big, time consuming game i guess.

Hes wrong. Its actually at around 200+h. 70+ was at launch, but with all the content, its 3 times as long, unless you just rush the main quest and thats it then yeah. I played it at launch and was only half way in and I had 60 hours clocked in and I wasnt going out of my way to do side stuff. And no this is not a good thing. Its the most bloated game in history. The only AC I never finished nor will I ever finsh prolly.

Last edited:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Anyone jumping into this game, I'm gonna probably piss people off with this, but I highly recommend using a trainer. The grind is really annoying and brings the experience down. Boost exp a little and it makes it a lot snappier. The game is chock full of boring filler to drive the microtransactions.

SJRB

Gold Member
...why?
The game has been out for 2 years, all of that is done by itself by just playing through the game; if you haven't by now then you never were going and probably uninstalled/returned the game ages ago and have no further interest in the game aside from trolling.

What do you mean "why"? You think everyone who enjoyed this game has finished it to completion or something?

Look at for example the trophy list and see that only a fraction of the player base has actually achieved the requirements necessary to play this new chapter.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How is the PS5 patch 1,85gb and the xbox one 15gb ?
Packaging, you can delta patch game files on PS, you cannot do the same on Xbox. Or you can, but at the cost that some people with fully disk would not be able to update. Patches are in place on Xbox, on PS5 they are downloaded to separate space and then copied/patched over to their place.

Reizo Ryuu

Hes wrong. Its actually at around 200+h. 70+ was at launch, but with all the content, its 3 times as long,
Bullshit, I've played through everything since launch and I'm currently at 140 hours.
Ok nah. I'm good. Persona 5 Royal it is.
What he's saying is disingenuous though, the "list of things" is literally just playing through the game, you don't have to go out of your way to do any of it, it's just finishing the game.
What do you mean "why"? You think everyone who enjoyed this game has finished it to completion or something?
...so?
There's nothing "insane" about having content that depends on you finishing the game, because it spoils the rest of the game, to be only accessible after you've finished said game.
And if you didn't finish the game, what the fuck are even you bitching about? This extra free content will still be there whenever you decide you want to finish it.
So what, they're only finishing the game's story now, after two years?
kinda :pie_thinking:?
The game has an ending which basically sets up AC: Mirage, the extra content added over the years is more in-universe stuff about Eivor, you're just living her life a bit more I guess.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This game was disappointing in the end. I regularly go back and play odyssey.. not this game though.

Reizo Ryuu

140 rushed, easy difficulty? What does everything mean? It is highly unlikely you did "everything" at just 140h. No, quite impossible.
What the fuck do you think "everything" means? You claim the game is 3 times as long with the added content, I'm referring to that claim obviously; your claim is BS.
You're acting like it's a reasonable thing that it takes two years to beat a video game
...if that is how you read my post then I can't help you, or you're just trolling; either way, have a nice day

What the fuck do you think "everything" means? You claim the game is 3 times as long with the added content, I'm referring to that claim obviously; your claim is BS.

Its not. Facts speak for themselves. Sure the 3 times x 100 hours is exaggerated.

If you dont trust other users inputs heres mine:

wNCP8tK.png

We get it, you love the game and you only played 140h of most of the games content but most people will reach higher numbers based on how much they do in the game and what difficulty. On average it easily reaches 200h. Maybe a bit less. Its still a bloated POS.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Its not. Facts speak for themselves. Sure the 3 times x 100 hours is exaggerated.

[/URL]

If you dont trust other users inputs heres mine:

wNCP8tK.png

We get it, you love the game and you only played 140h of most of the games content but most people will reach higher numbers based on how much they do in the game and what difficulty. On average it easily reaches 200h. Maybe a bit less. Its still a bloated POS.
stfu GIF

Only fact here is you being slow as shit playing the game, I didn't rush nor do I every play on "easy modes".
Went through the whole game and the druids DLC in ~120 hours, this save is from the final mission:
jwMrz5b.jpg

And this is my current progress with the rest of the DLC and free updates to the game:
5KtYC8t.jpg

Respond if you want or not, I don't care, I won't give your trolling any more attention.

Only fact here is you being slow as shit playing the game, I didn't rush nor do I every play on "easy modes".

I played on the hardest difficulty, which is, factually, a huge aspect of a games time to complete. Also from 99% to 100% in any past AC games, its like 20-30+ hours of content left. I know this because I had a ton of shit left to do in Odyssey(which i loved) see below pic. Point is, Valhalla, is too bloated for its own good and too boring. People have leasured this shit at even 300+hrs. Again, difficulty, and what you do matters, but for sure as shit, no one watched paint dry in the game. Anyway from your 60hours to complete to 150 is quite more than double.

WylnFzh.png

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Well i just got the Ragnorak dlc so i'm interested to see what this adds, no new game plus mode though, a bit disappointing, i'm not sure the hood helps for me, the walking is just too slow.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Well i just got the Ragnorak dlc so i'm interested to see what this adds, no new game plus mode though, a bit disappointing, i'm not sure the hood helps for me, the walking is just too slow.
What do you mean? The new option just keeps the hood on, not the entire cloak.

stn

I was thinking of buying it. Does it also have the whole animus/modern-day stuff in the game like the others?

AJUMP23

Is this why the game didn't feel like it had an ending, because it really didn't have an ending.

The game had a ton content....but I could not figure out what the ending was.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Played five hours of this game and called it quits, maybe some day I will give it another chance but it was one of the most boring games I’ve ever played.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Crazy how polarizing this game is! I put around 165 hours or so into it, completed all the main stuff + DLC expect for Ragnarok, which I started but haven't finished.

I really loved the game, and loved exploring the world, but I do agree that the main plot wasn't that exciting, minus a few events. I think I like it just as much as Odyssey, but both of them less than Origins, which for some reason or another loved above all the AC games.

Denton

If i start this now how long would i take to play it? 200 hours?
My playthrough with no DLCs took 140 hours. I was pretty damn fed up by the end, but I still mostly enjoyed the game. It is way too long though. I could not bother with the DLCs. I might try this one though.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Easy decision to return to Valhalla, quality game where 6-10mins turns into hours of gameplay.

Kazdane

I'm not sure where the 200+ hours figure comes from, but I'm also in the 140 hours camp (144 right now). I've completed everything (100% progress), including all the expansions, although I haven't engaged in the repeatable roguelike content they added (Nifelheimr or whatever it is called), and haven't spent too much time on river raids. And this is playing in Normal difficulty, without rushing anything. I was done with the Main Story plus all optional content at the 100 hour mark (roughly). It's a long game, for sure, but nowhere near as long as some people claim. So I can only guess it may be related to the difficulty level and how much side content you do (if Eivor is overleveled, you'll plow through everything, unsurprisingly).

And looking at How Long To Beat, my numbers seem to fall in line with what most people have experienced.

j0hnnix

Ugh.. that's all I have. This game I started to love it, then hate it and then love it.. it's like that hot chick who is toxic and you keep coming back to it.

oji-san

Banned
I have 170 hours only for the main game, bought the season pass couple of weeks ago and will replay it some day from the start. Didn't get the Ragnarok DLC as i didn't care for that part in the main game, the highlight for me was England, they made it so beautiful, and i also liked the changes in gameplay like the smaller selection of weapons unlike 2 previous games that i also liked but i preferred the Valhalla weapons system. Also combat was best in series for me (only played Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla). The downside is that story and characters are better in 2 previous games, Kassandra is best and also Bayek is better then male Eivor which i played as.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have 170 hours only for the main game, bought the season pass couple of weeks ago and will replay it some day from the start. Didn't get the Ragnarok DLC as i didn't care for that part in the main game, the highlight for me was England, they made it so beautiful, and i also liked the changes in gameplay like the smaller selection of weapons unlike 2 previous games that i also liked but i preferred the Valhalla weapons system. Also combat was best in series for me (only played Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla). The downside is that story and characters are better in 2 previous games, Kassandra is best and also Bayek is better then male Eivor which i played as.
Combat is what kept me from playing Valhalla, Odyssey felt so fast and fun, 2 hours of Valhalla and I felt like a tank driving through molases. Did they ever speed up the charecter? I wish they had let us build a character with the traits we wanted instead of forcing us to play a lumbering tank.

Reizo Ryuu

Did they ever speed up the charecter?
in Odyssey you play as a literal demi-god with super powers, valhalla is in line with the other games; and if combat speed is the biggest grip, that's mostly going to depend on the weapon, the paris DLC introduced a short sword archetype which is pretty fast.

Pagusas

Elden Member
in Odyssey you play as a literal demi-god with super powers, valhalla is in line with the other games; and if combat speed is the biggest grip, that's mostly going to depend on the weapon, the paris DLC introduced a short sword archetype which is pretty fast.
Odyssey AND Origin both have fast paced combat movement, thats why I was so surprised by Valhallas slower pace.

Top Bottom