• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Accounts don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

Q: Two of my friends, nicknames 'Dkong' (dkong@blikeend.cjb.net) and 'Enorme_Snikkel' (enormesnikkel@blikeend.cjb.net) have registered but have not received an activation mail, where I actually did recieve this mail. Does anyone have any idea what to do? Thanks.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
They can sit their asses down and wait for 6 months like everybody else. No special treatment here!

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Bish, I sent an email yesterday to let you folks know that the confirmation email I received had a "www" before the url, leading to a 404 error. I just want to make sure you all know about it.

Hermit

So, basically, you have to wait 6 months to receive a mail with an activation url? Because that's the missing link here. I thought this new software was more register and user friendly...

ohamsie

I got mine almost immediately. Of course, AOL directed it to the spam folder for some unfathomable reason.

goodcow

ohamsie said:
I got mine almost immediately. Of course, AOL directed it to the spam folder for some unfathomable reason.

Suggestion to the admins, don't let people with AOL accounts register.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
goodcow said:
Suggestion to the admins, don't let people with AOL accounts register.

been talked about....

don't laugh its not a joke

Loki

Count of Concision
Blackace said:
been talked about....

don't laugh its not a joke

Well then there had better be justifiable exceptions. :p I'm not changing my ISP just because of this godforsaken forum. ;)

I don't get it-- I mean, I understand that the general mental level of an AOL user is not, how shall we say, to be envied, but does the AOL system in itself present moderation issues in terms of multiple accounts etc.?

Doh! Yeah, silly me-- we're allowed like 6 screen names, which we can change at any time, so I see how that could be a pain in the ass if you were trying to eliminate fake email account hooligans. :p

Crystalkoen

Registered this morning, got confirmation in seconds, but had to wait about 10 minutes before getting OK'd by the admins...

All in all, a step up for GAF ^_^

Keep up the good work, admins.

Happened to me and This is how i fixed it.

Go into user cp and change your email address.

Got my email pretty much instantly after doing that

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's funny how my account got activated a minute after I complained in IRC about how I could view the forum when I'm logged out but not when I'm logged in. Then BAM! Account authorized!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mine took awhile (better part of the day) but only because my mail box was full (hadn't checked my PoP email for a few years :lol) and my registration email was bounced because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom