• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - Official 3rd Anniversary Trailer

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The best Ace Combat of the saga
You know how people always want remade maps for MP games, then hate that the new game has too many old maps?

I want Ace Combat 04 and 5 in the Ace Combat 7.
I dont know how hard that would be for the devs and they are likely already working on Ace Combat 8, but I would have paid quite a premium for Ace Combat 04 and 5 mission pack.

NanaMiku

You know how people always want remade maps for MP games, then hate that the new game has too many old maps?

I want Ace Combat 04 and 5 in the Ace Combat 7.
I dont know how hard that would be for the devs and they are likely already working on Ace Combat 8, but I would have paid quite a premium for Ace Combat 04 and 5 mission pack.
AC Infinite was nice, bringing back missions from past games. Too bad the stamina system was really bad

EGOMON

So what is endgame like after you finish the story? The pvp is horribly boring just curious what makes people keep playing this game

Naked Lunch

Im so glad this series survived after almost dying for good after the Ace Combat Assault Horizon debacle.
It seems like its alive and well and the success of something like the Top Gun movie can only be good new for more people's interest - now, and when AC8 finally drops.

There's something about the amount of jets (which completely changes the gameplay from one to the next) and the skill based gameplay - that really sets the series apart. So much replay value.

One thing to note - Ace Combat might be like car games in that the official jet licenses expires at a point - and the game itself and DLC will vanish in due time.
XB360's Ace Combat 6 game download and DLC has all been pulled from the MS store (if you bought it when it was around you can still DL it).
PS3's Ace Combat Infinity is of course shut down - you cant even play it anymore even if you bought campaign missions.
And Assault Horizon was never made BC.

Basically, if you own the game, make sure you get all the DLC while its still around.
>_> please stahp...

Tiers

<The Holy Trilogy>
4/0 > 5
<Jean Louis been hit!>
3 Japan / 2 > X >>> 6 / X2 >>>>>>>> 7 > 1
<Yo buddy, you still alive?>
Assault Horizon
This man gets it.
Zero is just too good - my personal favorite (as much as I love 4).
I would step up Ace Combat 6 into (or close to) the holy trinity category though. I have a newfound respect for that game after all these years.

Ive recently really deep dived into Garuda Team's mission (and the whole series actually on Ace Difficulty) but theres something about AC6's massive draw distance and sheer amount of enemies on the screen that the set it apart from the legendary PS2 games - it really raised the bar. Also the choice of which operation to go for mid mission (and you could only complete a handful in a single playthru) added alot of replay value - Ace Combat's version of branching paths. Much of this was missing from AC7 - crazy they didnt expand on it.

So what is endgame like after you finish the story? The pvp is horribly boring just curious what makes people keep playing this game
The AC games really shine on the highest difficulty as does replaying missions with different jet setups.
Play on Ace Difficulty to search and hunt down hidden Aces (they only show up on the higher difficulties - most people dont even know this exists).

Last edited:
Top Bottom