• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| AFGAF 2020 Re-Issue

Flintty

I have an Amiibo buying problem but that doesn't really count. I still have all of my old Ninja turtle figures from when I was a kid at my parents house somewhere next time I go to NY ill see if I can dig them out.

I was the same with Amiibo but managed to quit it - I have loads still on the card though.

If you find your Turtles I’d love to see some pics!

Flintty

Managed to order the Cartoon Casey Jones/Foot Solider two pack, but missed out on Metalhead :messenger_loudly_crying:

Damn, Metalhead looks really good too. From what I’ve read though there’s usually an initial shortage of Neca at launch but then they restock? Fingers crossed for you!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Damn, Metalhead looks really good too. From what I’ve read though there’s usually an initial shortage of Neca at launch but then they restock? Fingers crossed for you!
That's what I'm hoping for. I missed out on pre ordering him through specialty stores here in Canada, so hopefully they or the NECA Store restock at some point. Same with Bebop and Rocksteady.

Flintty

That's what I'm hoping for. I missed out on pre ordering him through specialty stores here in Canada, so hopefully they or the NECA Store restock at some point. Same with Bebop and Rocksteady.

Bebop and Rocksteady look superb. I very nearly went into the line but my Shredder/Leo 2 pack was faulty and there were no replacements available, so I got a refund. My wallet dodged a bullet but I often look at them online with a tinge of regret! The whole line looks so good.

Not bad. They have also have two less decked out blue suit versions which are more my speed, though unfortunately I've chosen to pass on this line.

Also I noticed the 3.75 figures seem to be getting relaunched too. I'm not sure if they're new or just repackaged versions of the modern ones from the last several years.

ManaByte

Not bad. They have also have two less decked out blue suit versions which are more my speed, though unfortunately I've chosen to pass on this line.

Also I noticed the 3.75 figures seem to be getting relaunched too. I'm not sure if they're new or just repackaged versions of the modern ones from the last several years.

They're 3.75" reissues using modern Hasbro molds. They aren't O-Ring Joes, which is why I'm passing on them.

kunonabi

My DBZ figuarts:

Got into it late as well but I'm only interested in getting my absolute favs so I'm not that behind. Really just need Yamcha, Cell, Teen Gohan, and the Jeice that recently went up for order. After that it's really just a matter of waiting for Videl, GT Pan, Zarbon, and maybe a couple others

ManaByte

GI Joe Target exclusives.

I won't get Roadblock because I have the regular one (no variants for me, it'll get too expensive)

But I REALLY want the Cobra Trooper and Baroness.

EdaVYxsXoA0-Pb-

EdaVY8UXsAoPf3L

EdaVY0DX0AIyPl9

EdaVY_2XkAE9o4d

EdaVY2jWkAA5GIz

EdaVZBLXsAQHWB3
EdaVY5ZWAAACRnN

EdaVZISWoAcc2IA

Flintty

GI Joe Target exclusives.

I won't get Roadblock because I have the regular one (no variants for me, it'll get too expensive)

But I REALLY want the Cobra Trooper and Baroness.

EdaVYxsXoA0-Pb-

EdaVY8UXsAoPf3L

EdaVY0DX0AIyPl9

EdaVY_2XkAE9o4d

EdaVY2jWkAA5GIz

EdaVZBLXsAQHWB3
EdaVY5ZWAAACRnN

EdaVZISWoAcc2IA

Damn, that Cobra trooper hit all the right childhood feels! I might need a few of them!

Cravis

👍

i’m jealous. I tried getting the Casey/Ralph 2-pack. Went every day to Wally World. I’ll just have to wait till the restock

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I had no desire to get the two pack because I’m not interested in trench coat Ralph, but that Casey looks excellent next to the Turtles. Great shot.
Well Elias Koteas recently signed off on allowing NECA to use his likeness after initially saying no, so I'm sure Casey is being reissued with another figure at some point, probably April or Tatsu.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
👍

i’m jealous. I tried getting the Casey/Ralph 2-pack. Went every day to Wally World. I’ll just have to wait till the restock
This is the first time it has paid off to be an international collector, as NECA just sold it through their international webstore. Luckily they've said they'll be restocking Walmart as well as implementing measures to prevent scalpers from using bots to eat up all the available inventory.

Cravis

Luckily they've said they'll be restocking Walmart as well as implementing measures to prevent scalpers from using bots to eat up all the available inventory.
They’re good about listening to feedback.

Maybe I’ll have a shot at Super Shredder on the initial batch lol

Flintty

My newest arrival. Took most of July to get here from Japan, I’m sure they sent it by row boat!

RvOlBUb.jpg

T05ZkWh.jpg

The standing Palpatine is still in the box. Thinking of equipping him with a cloth cloak.

Last edited:

Flintty

I’ve been getting hyped about Halo Infinite so I thought I’d have a poke around to see what’s happening with the figure license. I haven’t collected Halo figs for years, but they were always hit and miss. It seems Jazwares, Wicked Cool Toys have the license. These guys are currently putting out Fortnite figs which seem ok based on reviews I’ve seen. Video of Toy Fair previews below. The 6” Chief is looking good, but the 3” marines need work 😂

n9L76TD.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve been getting hyped about Halo Infinite so I thought I’d have a poke around to see what’s happening with the figure license. I haven’t collected Halo figs for years, but they were always hit and miss. It seems Jazwares, Wicked Cool Toys have the license. These guys are currently putting out Fortnite figs which seem ok based on reviews I’ve seen. Video of Toy Fair previews below. The 6” Chief is looking good, but the 3” marines need work 😂

n9L76TD.jpg

I actually gifted something similar to someone a while back.

Halo-4-Red-Spartan-Warrior-Powerup-Rewards-Action-Figure-e1360287603292.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
After an almost two year wait and about $200, I can't say I'm overly impressed with the Mezco John Wick. Definitely going to need to find a third party jacket to replace the garbage one he comes with. Hinders the articulation way too much.

Flintty

After an almost two year wait and about $200, I can't say I'm overly impressed with the Mezco John Wick. Definitely going to need to find a third party jacket to replace the garbage one he comes with. Hinders the articulation way too much.

I don't have any Mezco One:12 yet but I like what I've seen - they seem to be the kings of 1/12 soft good, so I'm surprised to hear this one is a miss. Shame.

Shantae

Banned
106210033_10157057413561174_412322796044077864_n.jpg

Seems like there are a few people in this thread who are fans of this line. Would anyone want to buy these from me? I was sent these in the mail, and I never ordered them. They were addressed to me, so it's not like they were sent to the wrong person either. I am still confused as to why I got them. I don't know what the retail price is, but I'll give a good deal if I can.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't have any Mezco One:12 yet but I like what I've seen - they seem to be the kings of 1/12 soft good, so I'm surprised to hear this one is a miss. Shame.
They're usually pretty good, so I don't know what happened. To make matters worse, they have their Gomez figure in a suit which would have worked perfectly for John Wick. Instead they chose to go with the Spock/Joker body which is stuck with single jointed elbows. I don't hate the figure, but I don't think it's on par with previous Mezco outings.

Last edited:

Cravis

Anyone pick up Super Shredder? I lucked out this time and was able to order one unlike the Casey/Ralph 2 pack.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone pick up Super Shredder? I lucked out this time and was able to order one unlike the Casey/Ralph 2 pack.
Cart was frozen and wouldn't let me check out, but luckily I was able to re-add him and get it work. Saw some people posting about shipping being $22 within the US, but for international shipping it was $15.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
DC Direct was shut down today :(

I wasn't the biggest fan of their output, but I loved their Batman The Animated Series line.

sol_bad

I pre-ordered my first NECA turtle figure, Super Shredder. Now I am forced to buy the rest of the movie figures. I really hope Tokka and Rahzer get another release sometime.
Now I'll be collecting Transformers (Generations), Transformers Masterpiece, Star Wars Black, SHF Street Fighter and now NECA turtles. I might pick up the cartoon turtles too.

I have another display case to set up and then I'll take some photos.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I pre-ordered my first NECA turtle figure, Super Shredder. Now I am forced to buy the rest of the movie figures. I really hope Tokka and Rahzer get another release sometime.
Now I'll be collecting Transformers (Generations), Transformers Masterpiece, Star Wars Black, SHF Street Fighter and now NECA turtles. I might pick up the cartoon turtles too.

I have another display case to set up and then I'll take some photos.
They're going to be releasing the Cartoon turtles in the darker colours at some point, but haven't specified how yet.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Cartoon Shredder hasn't been re-released yet has he?
He was re-released as a part of wave two in a two pack with Krang. I know they'll be restocking Bebop and Rocksteady throughout the year, but I haven't seen anything about Shredder. I think it's a given they well though.

Top Bottom