• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| AFGAF 2020 Re-Issue

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol what a difference 31 years makes.

20200825-153919.jpg

sol_bad

I just pre-ordered NECA Metalhead. I guess I'll have to go all in on the movie and cartoon lines now. Lots of online sites have the movie turtles and the cartoon Leonardo/Donatello pack available but the cartoon Mickey/Raphael pack is out of stock everywhere. Annoying!

*EDIT*
Man, these McFarlane DC Universe figures look good.
FxUs7sx.jpg
22lCCkL.jpg

And new Star Wars Black Series Cad Bane figure announced.
T1VY6yU.jpg

And an Earth mode Ratchet!
TixYG4U.jpg

Last edited:

Flintty

Cad Bane looks great. Managed to get myself an order in - hopefully they’ll have enough to fulfil the order.

sol_bad

Darth Nihilus figure announced for Star Wars Black Series.

uGUAkxd.jpg

I'll probably skip him though as I have no attachment to Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Flintty

That’s a cool figure. I never got around to playing KOTOR 2 so I know nothing about him. Looks good though.

Flintty

Thought I'd show off my collection.

Star Wars Black Series
vYf9FUS.jpg

CWruraz.jpg

Zzmo3lK.jpg

Saa7lrz.jpg

s6Eh4qx.jpg

Rw6pfD1.jpg

G6l5T6l.jpg

QhirDtW.jpg

wCNulr0.jpg

8JkvkRN.jpg

Transformers
6VfDtzl.jpg

9AePE8z.jpg

PwnK2Vq.jpg

HAH1Vm7.jpg

trom1sZ.jpg

HUVEoP3.jpg

qwwWR9T.jpg

Ml3549f.jpg

KuSlnid.jpg

8LvZiak.jpg

q3OOMhu.jpg

V7lTUUG.jpg

Excellent collection you have there. Next time Mrs Flintty complains about too many figures, I’m showing her this 😂 Though to be fair, my man cave will be similar when I finally get it set up!

sol_bad

Excellent collection you have there. Next time Mrs Flintty complains about too many figures, I’m showing her this 😂 Though to be fair, my man cave will be similar when I finally get it set up!

I didn't start collecting until after I met my wife whom I met in the Philippines.
Toy shops in Australia suck and I never noticed what Transformer toys were out there. Toys R Us in the Philippines is like a holy grail in comparison and I jumped on collecting Transformers while the Generations Thilling 30 line was running. Just in time for the Combiner Wars and headmasters figures were released.

Being back in Australia again I have found about 20 online sites that sell toys which I never knew existed 6 years ago.

Flintty

It’s an addictive hobby, for sure! The Black Series quality has massively improved recently - I used to only get Figuarts SW figs but branching out now. The quality they put out for £20 is superb. I made a mistake and recently got into the Power Rangers line (though I’m sticking to the original 5, I swear!).

kl3SQiS.jpg

sol_bad

I'm annoyed that Hasbro improved their face scan technology because now I have to re-buy a bunch of figures when they get re-released with better faces.
I'd only be in for Power Rangers if Hasbro mad good Zord figures. The Soul of Chokogin figures are great but too expensive (looks at Masterpiece Megatron and Beast Wars Megatron).

I'd love to jump on MCU SH Figuarts, Figma and Bring Arts too.
#^%$*$&%$$($^#$

Flintty

It has been a while since I’ve put stuff up here. I have a bunch of new GI Joes to take pictures of but they will come later. Today I’m showing off some other recent additions to the collection.

Medicom Mafex Batman (Hush)

FF7BT0U.jpg

piUTMk8.jpg

yUBQVVE.jpg

Hasbro Marvel Legends Dr Doom (Modern)

XvYAhkr.jpg

1kfeiDj.jpg

And a line I never thought I’d get into, but I saw Kimberly in the shop and it went from there... Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection

XMM0tYc.jpg

YH97VYl.jpg

ZJxm14V.jpg

And finally, the exclusive Black Series Cad Bane

hrnnkPx.jpg

T3GAN1k.jpg

Posting on mobile so apologies is these are huge!

EviLore EviLore If you could move this thread as discussed, I’d appreciate it 👍🏻

Last edited:

sol_bad

There have been a lot of new and interesting announcements and leaks recently with action figures.

Regarding Transformers, Hasbro officially unveiled their wave 1 Kingdom figures. If you're a fan of Beast Wars you might be interested.
ZWbP4L4.jpg
qqt021K.jpg

JbLIElx.jpg
XhZKk2n.jpg

p9XoFPw.jpg
XpcDchX.jpg

uuZVGz2.png

Then we have some leaked Studio Series 86' movie figures.
uSxEJfR.jpg
Jv48qBI.jpg

dpKcvns.jpg

NECA showed off their Triceraton and Rodney Roadkill set.
6Du0Tmf.jpg

IeTF7lv.jpg
EWarKYr.jpg

More McFarlane DC Multiverse.
rLCqAUc.jpg
bPYNhvA.jpg

bgg2mHj.jpg
a5CDZOU.jpg

If you like Squares Bring Arts line we have more images of their Vagrant Story figures.
V0OYvVC.jpg
ycT9RTd.jpg

Some new Star Wars Black announcements.
qdbTjbT.jpg

fHY4KPq.jpg

OXT8nwU.jpg

VJmbPCl.jpg

mirzTJP.jpg

Some Marvel Legends announcements
L9mIfS0.jpg
azpscBn.jpg

MY0dwlp.jpg

UToLKON.jpg

nq5DYrE.jpg

Last edited:

Flintty

Hot Rod and Robin look superb. Rogue also high on my list there! I need Rogue badly.

I’ve got my order in for Jar Jr. He’s a cunt but that’s a great figure.

Flintty

This weeks addition, Figuarts Mandalorian and ‘the child’. His cloak is a piece of shit but the figure is superb. I’ll likely pick up a custom wired cloak.

r5xO7Zm.jpg

Fox Mulder

Dang, just saw Venomized Captain America Marvel Legends, looks pretty cool. Walmart exclusive though. Hate these retailer exclusives that are just scalper food.

09218df8-961c-4bae-b6d3-f8ae8d1795ff.20e11fed066533df42c715af33d9868b.jpeg

Flintty

Dang, just saw Venomized Captain America Marvel Legends, looks pretty cool. Walmart exclusive though. Hate these retailer exclusives that are just scalper food.

09218df8-961c-4bae-b6d3-f8ae8d1795ff.20e11fed066533df42c715af33d9868b.jpeg

That looks good! I like Venomised shit, tempted by the Venompool set.

Yeah the retailer exclusives are bullshit, especially what they’re doing with some GI Joe figs at the moment. Incredibly frustrating.

lvl8

There have been a lot of new and interesting announcements and leaks recently with action figures.

Regarding Transformers, Hasbro officially unveiled their wave 1 Kingdom figures. If you're a fan of Beast Wars you might be interested.
ZWbP4L4.jpg
qqt021K.jpg

JbLIElx.jpg
XhZKk2n.jpg

p9XoFPw.jpg
XpcDchX.jpg

uuZVGz2.png

Then we have some leaked Studio Series 86' movie figures.
uSxEJfR.jpg
Jv48qBI.jpg

dpKcvns.jpg

NECA showed off their Triceraton and Rodney Roadkill set.
6Du0Tmf.jpg

IeTF7lv.jpg
EWarKYr.jpg

More McFarlane DC Multiverse.
rLCqAUc.jpg
bPYNhvA.jpg

bgg2mHj.jpg
a5CDZOU.jpg

If you like Squares Bring Arts line we have more images of their Vagrant Story figures.
V0OYvVC.jpg
ycT9RTd.jpg

Some new Star Wars Black announcements.
qdbTjbT.jpg

fHY4KPq.jpg

OXT8nwU.jpg

VJmbPCl.jpg

mirzTJP.jpg

Some Marvel Legends announcements
L9mIfS0.jpg
azpscBn.jpg

MY0dwlp.jpg

UToLKON.jpg

nq5DYrE.jpg
I already see people trying to sell their Rogue around the $100 price range on FB groups, while few people has yet to hear the news of her re-release. It reminds me of how the 2013 Jean Grey quickly dropped in value when a new version of her was released.

That Retro Gambit head sculpt is an improvement but still ugly.

Fox Mulder

I don’t care about Aliens or Predator, but the Neca toys always look great.

I shed a tear today after seeing Walmart stocked with the Playmates Godzilla vs Kong toys. Neca lost the license for bootleg looking shit.

sol_bad

I managed to pre-order my Black Series Mandalorian deluxe along with Jar Jar from an Ozzie site here.
I'm pretty happy with that.
^_^

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I like figures with lots of accessories. Something like a Deadpool where there are lots of places to holster swords, weapons, tools, etc.
I don't know exactly what I love about that but I'll take it over too much articulation. I'm not a fan of seeing too many joints.

Also, I'm really hoping to see a figure based off The Last Ronin. You could definitely outfit him with tons of accessories.

So please share if you can think of any cool figures like this, in the smaller range.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Also, I'm really hoping to see a figure based off The Last Ronin. You could definitely outfit him with tons of accessories.
Unfortunately NECA wouldn't be able to make it, since PlayMates holds the master license which means NECA is only allowed to touch the significantly older segments of the TMNT IP. Even something as old as the 2012 show is too recent for them.

Flintty

Will be buying these when neca releases them,they will be released in a two pack .
neca-puppet-master.jpg

Woah, Puppet Master, right? That’s a blast from the past. They look superb.

I like figures with lots of accessories. Something like a Deadpool where there are lots of places to holster swords, weapons, tools, etc.
I don't know exactly what I love about that but I'll take it over too much articulation. I'm not a fan of seeing too many joints.

So please share if you can think of any cool figures like this, in the smaller range.

The GI Joe line is pretty good for holsters and accessories. I especially like them when they come with backpacks too!

Last edited:

Flintty

Am I weird? I keep all mine in boxes on display.

3BXx0Dg.jpg

It’s not weird - people like to get different things out of their collection. I keep my boxes but I get around 90% of mine out because I like posing them.

I got my final two Power Rangers in the post today. Happy that I’ve got the set!

yjGcmAS.jpg

sol_bad

It’s not weird - people like to get different things out of their collection. I keep my boxes but I get around 90% of mine out because I like posing them.

I got my final two Power Rangers in the post today. Happy that I’ve got the set!

yjGcmAS.jpg

Is that the Lightning collection? They look really good.

Top Bottom