• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| AFGAF 2020 Re-Issue

catvonpee

I nutted 💦💦
mJ2Alak.jpg

sol_bad

I'm wary of fighting game toys. I started collecting SH Figuarts Street Fighter. I have all of them but it's been over a year since there was a release. Storm seem to do more alternate colors than actual new figures.
So yeah, worried the lines will get cancelled before completion.

Those MK figures look astounding though.

catvonpee

I'm wary of fighting game toys. I started collecting SH Figuarts Street Fighter. I have all of them but it's been over a year since there was a release. Storm seem to do more alternate colors than actual new figures.
So yeah, worried the lines will get cancelled before completion.

Those MK figures look astounding though.
Yeah I won't ever buy them but they are so awesome. I was tempted to buy Haohmaru from Storm. But they are so expensive for what you get. You can get a 1/6 scale figure for only a hundred dollars more.

Flintty

Must have been a few quids worth there! I wish I had all my old figures - I’ve no idea what happened to them.

Im currently in the process of packing to move house (we’re finally buying our own place, complete with a man cave for gaming and collectables!). The deliveries are still coming in though, but staying in the boxes for now. Looking forward to updating the thread with my new shit and hopefully new display shelves once I’m settled in!
My god this was ages ago! Finally moved in beginning of July. Man cave needs a lot of work (I had to take down the lath and plaster ceiling - nasty shit). All my figs are still packed in boxes sadly.
Good to see the thread still going. Tempted by some of those What If? figures!

sol_bad

I'm tempted to jump on the NECA horror band wagon. If I started buying the Universal Monsters I'd have to buy all the Jason and Fredy figures etc.
The American Werewolf in London figure looks pretty great.

BsCSxrr.jpg
oIhZFye.jpg

sol_bad

Nice! I keep looking at them, and keep resisting. I only really want He-Man and Battlecat but I know it’s a slippery slope from there.

I resisted and resisted and then someone from a Facebook group I'm a part of could get a bunch of the figures from wave 3, 4 and 5 for really good prices in Singapore. Sooooooo fuck it I jumped in.
I'll get my wave 3 figures next week and catching up on wave 1 and 2 figures.

sol_bad

Ordered these.
b1fc7a3672b24ba9ab12f2df661e045bxl.jpg
3a60147c1b404742b768bcc19055cf28xl.jpg
9c839b8d2e264590903e8043387e25caxl.jpg
e512ad0e76a74901a003c23534722316xl.jpg
3acfd630a6224c34b6814d717010d7a7xl.jpg

I already have the standard Earthrise Starscream and personally can't justify buying this one, would love to have the throne, cape and crown though.

sol_bad sol_bad the top one is Super7 and the bottom ones are MOTU Classics Mattel commemorative edition.

It's a shame that Super7 lost the license, not sure what Mattel were thinking. I know they are doing the Masterverse line which will go beyond the Revelations figures but they aren't the same quality as what Super7 do. Not sure why they could have the Super7 and Masterverse figures both releasing as they are different markets.

catvonpee

They probably lost the license because their figures are pretty much junk. They make stuff to never be taken out of the package. But if you do the joints often snap off. As was the case with my other Super7 MOTU figures I had. I threw them both in the garbage. The one had a bad paint app and the other's leg snapped off.

sol_bad

They probably lost the license because their figures are pretty much junk. They make stuff to never be taken out of the package. But if you do the joints often snap off. As was the case with my other Super7 MOTU figures I had. I threw them both in the garbage. The one had a bad paint app and the other's leg snapped off.

That's a shame, I've never looked into or bought Super7, just thought they had really nice sculpts.
Maybe they have improved since the MOTU days.

Flintty

For my birthday my wife got me the He-Man and Battlecat figures, which are exactly like the ones I had as a kid but with better articulation - so fucking nostalgic!

Still no man cave to put them in (new floor going in next week!) so my current temporary desk in the living room is starting to get cluttered 🙈
I think she may have started something by getting me this. I want them all, and Grayskull!

kk6rlC0.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Been waiting for this chogokin for what feels like forever but it's finally released & here. Worth the wait as it's so nice, they really did a great job filling it full of little touches weighs a ton as well as the shell is all diecast metal. You can transform the mecha into a vehicle, it also has rocket fists that fire when you press the little levers on the arms and you can load on the ghosts & fire them as weapons. I don't buy many figures nowadays unless it's something that really catches my eye.
L1doU3y.jpg

P31qZce.jpg

yG7Ihsi.jpg

There's a little dial around the back to make the mechas eyes change so he can wink, there's also a button to make the seat in the cockpit pop up launching pacman in the process. Not sure if that's intentional or not lol.
MJ9b27P.jpg

So many little pacman details like the detailing on the inside
ha2gTDo.jpg

Even the little levers have pacman heads on them
vByzUc7.jpg

and the feet
IqfkJqi.jpg

The ghosts can be mounted but i don't want to fire them as i don't want the lovely paintjob on them getting chipped.
77blqm5.jpg

They have some type of pearlescent sheen to the painjobs on the ghosts you can see it most on pinky.
QSIHS2n.jpg

So pleased little pacman got some great figures released for him, not something that happens often. Would love some form of gattai mecha like my chogokin doraemon one where they could have a pile of namco characters that all bolt together to make one huge pacman mecha.

sol_bad

200+ for this damn,but I’m tempted.
E_CTPpiUUAEChr1

Looks like the Mondo MOTU line is really taking off. Too expensive for me unfortunately as I collect other things. But yeah, Mondo looks amazing.

*EDIT*
I'm happy to see this for the Masterverse line.
CW1gCUD.jpg

I didn't start collecting toys until 2015 so missed the Classics line. I know the Masterverse figures aren't quite as good as Classics. But it has better engineering and I think the line will improve moving forward.

Last edited:
Looks like the Mondo MOTU line is really taking off. Too expensive for me unfortunately as I collect other things. But yeah, Mondo looks amazing.

*EDIT*
I'm happy to see this for the Masterverse line.
CW1gCUD.jpg

I didn't start collecting toys until 2015 so missed the Classics line. I know the Masterverse figures aren't quite as good as Classics. But it has better engineering and I think the line will improve moving forward.
yea I saw they will rerelease this at a cheaper cost but it won’t include the sword,the lighting package,and something else I think.
b77f6511-mattel-san-diego-comic-con-2021-exclusive-masgters-of-the-universe-revelation-masterverse-scareglow-figure-24.jpg

Flintty

I got out of the hot toys game but the promo shots of these two going toe to toe has pulled me back in. They look amazing!

The man cave is finally done (well there’s small things left to do but I’ve moved in now), so I can start unpacking my collection. There’s a 4x3 Kallax to the right of shot (Edit: photo added) which is where the Hot Toys will go. Exciting times!

iBe1wHB.jpg

ntHAVWi.jpg

Last edited:

Jsisto

Nice collection! Don’t know if theyd count as figures, but I have almost every Smash Bros amibio, as well as a dozen or so figma’s, mostly from anime. I had told myself I was done collecting, but also recently preordered two first4figures statues(Shiranui and Aika from Skies of Arcadia)that I just couldn’t resist. It’s a slippery slope! I’ll have to post some pics of my collection soon.

Last edited:

Flintty

Nice collection! Don’t know if theyd count as figures, but I have almost every Smash Bros amibio, as well as a dozen or so figma’s, mostly from anime. I had told myself I was done collecting, but also recently preordered two first4figures statues(Shiranui and Aika from Skies of Arcadia)that I just couldn’t resist. It’s a slippery slope! I’ll have to post some pics of my collection soon.
I went down the Amiibo rabbit hole but managed to stop at around 25 I think? They’re all in boxes from the move currently but I’d like to have a Nintendo shelf somewhere!
I also went through a phase of buying Figmas. The Yugioh line and anything to do with Zelda. Also Sword Art Online. Great little figures!
Would love to see some photos!

I can’t wait to unpack all mine 😬

Flintty

Phase one of unpacking the figures is complete. This was Hot Toys only. Still need some LEDs and will likely get glass doors when I’ve saved up more cash, but it’s good to see these guys out again.

96XeD7C.jpg

Sadly not enough room for Groot so he’s on the other side of the room with Rocket…

qY2dKAP.jpg

Next phase will be 6” Star Wars figures, when I decide where to put them!

Edit: Closer look at Thanos. He’s a fucking beast at just under 18” tall. The centrepiece of my HT collection.

k79casY.jpg

I need a better camera for this shit.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Phase one of unpacking the figures is complete. This was Hot Toys only. Still need some LEDs and will likely get glass doors when I’ve saved up more cash, but it’s good to see these guys out again.

96XeD7C.jpg

Sadly not enough room for Groot so he’s on the other side of the room with Rocket…

qY2dKAP.jpg

Next phase will be 6” Star Wars figures, when I decide where to put them!

Edit: Closer look at Thanos. He’s a fucking beast at just under 18” tall. The centrepiece of my HT collection.

k79casY.jpg

I need a better camera for this shit.

Beautiful display of Hot Toys goodness. Is there a Drax to complete the team as well?

Flintty

Beautiful display of Hot Toys goodness. Is there a Drax to complete the team as well?
Sadly not. The Drax figure was just too weedy to pay full price for so I waited to pick him up cheap. Turns out his aftermarket price went up and I'm shit out of luck :messenger_grinning_smiling: Hopefully there will be another Drax with more bulk to his body. Need to complete the team.

sol_bad

Sadly not. The Drax figure was just too weedy to pay full price for so I waited to pick him up cheap. Turns out his aftermarket price went up and I'm shit out of luck :messenger_grinning_smiling: Hopefully there will be another Drax with more bulk to his body. Need to complete the team.

There is a GOTG3 so I'm sure you'll get your chance to get a Drax.

sol_bad

I know I'm a few days late but Hasbro announced a few things at their Pulse con that I'm interested in.

Transformers Legacy, this is the new Generations line. Characters from various series done in a G1 style.

Deluxe G1 Skids
wOPw8e8.jpg

Deluxe G1 Dragstrip
PnSNhGG.jpg

Deluxe G1 Kickback
agti3Kt.jpg

Deluxe Prime Arcee
OWVyVsQ.jpg

Voyager Prime Bulkhead
nQWIALu.jpg

Leader G2 Laser Optimus
IXUiOho.jpg

Star Wars Black Series

Boba Fett (Typhon)
M1LySlK.jpg

Deluxe Cobb Vanth
d3m6YuR.jpg

And something that isn't Hasbro related.
NECA Hudson
LOlJxcp.jpg

Flintty

I kinda wish I went in on Gargoyles. Had the first on order but they’re not available in UK so had to use BBTS. Figured it would get too expensive to import another line so cancelled it :(

sol_bad

I'm positive I have posted some of these before. But I'm part of a group on FB that help's Ozzy's get hard to get toys for good prices.
This is everything I have gotten through them so far this year. Many of them are from just the past few months as I only recently got into collecting MOTU.
My Galaxy S10 died so I bought a new cheapo phone to tide me over until my contract ends, so photos aren't the best quality.

XTzj1yG.jpg

VM007l6.jpg

Vh4SzGp.jpg

Top Bottom