• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action RPG Asterigos announced for PS5, PS4, and PC

sublimit

Banned

Game developer Acme Gamestudio has announced action RPG Asterigos for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC. It will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC by late spring 2022, followed by PlayStation 5 in late fall 2022.

Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Asterigos features free exploration in an ancient Rome and classical Greek-inspired city complex, customizable styles of combat, challenging encounters, and immersive storytelling.

Looks like a fun AA Soulslike.

sublimit

Banned
As far as art style is concerned, looks very much like Immortals Fenyx Rising to me. Which is not a bad thing IMHO, quite liked that one.
For the art style i agree. Not a big fan of it personally though (same goes for IFR) but it's passable. It's the gameplay that makes it interesting to me.

Soodanim

A mostly cinematic trailer narrated in the style of reading a bedtime story to children does not appeal to me. I need to see more of the gameplay to know if it’s worth playing.

The art style in general looks okay (very “standard”), but the main character and her animations/expressions in cutscenes look like those late 90s low budget 3D animations, except with updated models and textures.

Last edited:

martino

im-in-this-could-be-fun.gif

Gandih42

Looks pretty decent, maybe a bit jank but I'm assuming this is a small developer. The frame rate looks a bit inconsistent is these previews though, it'd make a big difference if they get it to run at a consistent 60.

ssringo

Ooh, I missed this one. Looks decent enough to throw on the wishlist to keep an eye on. Quick Steam link in case anyone else feels the same.

Top Bottom