• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Tells Colleagues He Would Consider Leaving if He Can’t Quickly Fix Problems

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Activision Blizzard Inc. Chief Executive Bobby Kotick has told senior managers he would consider leaving the company if he can’t quickly fix the culture problems at the videogame giant, according to people familiar with his comments.

Mr. Kotick, who has led Activision for three decades, stopped short of saying he would step down in a Friday meeting with executives of the company’s Blizzard Entertainment unit, but left the possibility open if misconduct issues across the company weren’t fixed “with speed,” these people said.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Imagine Raven Software makes their own games again. Singularity 2, etc

Last edited:

tusharngf

giphy.gif

Jennings

Good luck, Bobby Kotick. If anybody can quickly fix all these problems, surely a $150,000,000/yr CEO would have the skill to pull it off.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
The biggest injustice is that even if he were to quit today and never get hired in another company again (which he totally would), he still has enough money left in his offshore accounts to live like a king fo the rest of his life and none of this would have mattered.

Hell, even if you were to put him behind bars for all the money making schemes and the abuse he's done, he'd still be living there comfortably like it was a visit at spa.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Fuck Bobby. Dude is a fucking scumbag and should be tarted, feathered , and then the tar peeled off slowly, pluck by pluck until he begs for the release of death. Then, we do it again. I hate the guy so much
Anything short of him fucking your wife makes you look... wild. 😆

Love the energy, however.

daywarf

The biggest injustice is that even if he were to quit today and never get hired in another company again (which he totally would), he still has enough money left in his offshore accounts to live like a king fo the rest of his life and none of this would have mattered.

Hell, even if you were to put him behind bars for all the money making schemes and the abuse he's done, he'd still be living there comfortably like it was a visit at spa.
Unless he betrays the death penalty, which doesn't make sense

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I hate to say it, but much as I dislike Kotick and Activision generally, I despise cancel culture more.

Applying 2021 woke-scold "morality" to past actions basically means noone is safe. The bar for what was considered acceptable behaviour used to be a lot higher. What was once considered banter is now abuse.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Tempting as it is to "stick it" to Bobbo, understand that this upheaval offers a tremendous opportunity for some people, and they are going to leverage it for everything they can. Human beings respond to incentives, and right now its incentivized to hunt witches because its an expedient way to settle old scores and gain position and clout.

If there's egregious stuff going on, let the legal system handle it. Because that way (at least theoretically) safeguards transparency, due process, and proportionality of penalty. Whereas trial by mob/media is inevitably a kangaroo court.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I hate to say it, but much as I dislike Kotick and Activision generally, I despise cancel culture more.

Applying 2021 woke-scold "morality" to past actions basically means noone is safe. The bar for what was considered acceptable behaviour used to be a lot higher. What was once considered banter is now abuse.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Tempting as it is to "stick it" to Bobbo, understand that this upheaval offers a tremendous opportunity for some people, and they are going to leverage it for everything they can. Human beings respond to incentives, and right now its incentivized to hunt witches because its an expedient way to settle old scores and gain position and clout.

If there's egregious stuff going on, let the legal system handle it. Because that way (at least theoretically) safeguards transparency, due process, and proportionality of penalty. Whereas trial by mob/media is inevitably a kangaroo court.
Bruh he didn’t send some questionable tweets. This isn’t cancel culture, it’s a complete failure of leadership and at least complicity, and at most participation, in a culture of actual workplace abuse. Yes, canceling people for minor offenses is BS, but that’s not what we’re talking about with old Bobby Fuckface here

WitchHunter

Activision Blizzard Inc. Chief Executive Bobby Kotick has told senior managers he would consider leaving the company if he can’t quickly fix the culture problems at the videogame giant, according to people familiar with his comments.

Mr. Kotick, who has led Activision for three decades, stopped short of saying he would step down in a Friday meeting with executives of the company’s Blizzard Entertainment unit, but left the possibility open if misconduct issues across the company weren’t fixed “with speed,” these people said.
Why is this news? The guy himself prophesied what will happen.

Skyfox

in a culture of actual workplace abuse.
Bullet point of actual abuse please.

Every so often the spectre of cancel culture darkens the room and there's pointing of fingers but no substance.

Who did he rape? Who did he kill? I actually dont know because cancel culture always does it like this.

"Problematic"
"Culture of"
"Toxic"

I mean last time it was some ubisoft dude who slept with a consenting coworker but he himself was married? Why is that everyone's business? Are we customers of his wife?

Cyberpunkd

That's easy - burn Blizzard to the ground, since it looks like majority of problems are there.

nush

That's easy - burn Blizzard to the ground, since it looks like majority of problems are there.

I'm sure a lot of commenters on the wider internet thing there's Just one Activision building with everyone in it and Bobby sitting on the top floor.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Bullet point of actual abuse please.

Every so often the spectre of cancel culture darkens the room and there's pointing of fingers but no substance.

Who did he rape? Who did he kill? I actually dont know because cancel culture always does it like this.

"Problematic"
"Culture of"
"Toxic"

I mean last time it was some ubisoft dude who slept with a consenting coworker but he himself was married? Why is that everyone's business? Are we customers of his wife?
I’m not going to go cliff notes all the shit that was going down for you. He knew what he knew and covered it up. And what he knew about wasn’t some made up bullshit like microaggressions or some culturally insensitive comments. It was abusive bullshit that has no place in a professional work place. Fuck him.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Bruh he didn’t send some questionable tweets. This isn’t cancel culture, it’s a complete failure of leadership and at least complicity, and at most participation, in a culture of actual workplace abuse. Yes, canceling people for minor offenses is BS, but that’s not what we’re talking about with old Bobby Fuckface here

Where's the substance?

Take the whole "Cosby suite" thing. It was a joke. Literally.

Laddish? Sure. Bad taste? Definitely. But so fucking what? That function of the thing as a party area was to party in it. And we all know that means standards of behaviour and decorum are loosened!

You want to go to a party where people announce their pronouns, talk sensibly, and drink moderately?

Yet apparently, we're supposed to believe that because it wasn't like that it was the 2nd coming of Sodom and Gomorrah! That it was some sort of shame on the entire company?

What. The. Fuck!

Just stop and question the narrative.

treemk

Banned
The only failure of leadership on his part was allowing this woke culture to grow in Blizzard. Probably unavoidable outside of moving it out of California. You all talk a lot of shit about Kotick but you don't have receipts for any of it.

Skyfox

I’m not going to go cliff notes all the shit that was going down for you. He knew what he knew and covered it up. And what he knew about wasn’t some made up bullshit like microaggressions or some culturally insensitive comments. It was abusive bullshit that has no place in a professional work place. Fuck him.
So....

Nothing?

I was actually expecting to be put in my place with clear info about this story that I know little about but looks like I was right all along.

Anyone got an actual concrete thing here?

Otherwise I'll continue to ignore it like other social media "news".

Top Bottom