• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard has appointed a new Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer who wants to increase the number of women and non-binary employ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man Dancing GIF

As we were kept being told by owners of Xbox hardware,
"Microsoft has infinite wealth and as such doesn't care if their divisions lose money."

Now that Blizzard is part of Microsoft, they can do whatever they like with no consequence.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
you think thats how companies made their money in the first place ? by not caring if one of their division lose money ?
Companies make money mostly out of key products, even Apple who is risk adverse has their Apple tv plus segment that barely makes any money. With that said I think what most people are trying to say is that even MS cannot be spending so much money without wanting to see some "fruits" of that investment.

Anyway, going on the topic. Good I guess, it is a way to attract people to the company, a brand that has been all over the news and not for the right reasons. Still I think talent comes first.

Unknown?

yeah , comunism done right is one of the best systems for the people , problem is not one country implemented comunism the way it should be
Yes and there never will be. Human nature is greed and giving that much power over people's lives will always lead to authoritarianism.

It's why no country has capitalism to this day. Can't be a free market with central banks stealing wealth to give to the rich.

ManaByte

This is really just a pr play to counter act the bad press before only they don’t realize that wokeness is on the decline and this could backfire PR wise.
I think a lot of companies are going to look at what is happening with Disney and will explicitly avoid a public political stance. Look at Apple, you know where they stand politically just from where they’re located, but they don’t beat you over the head with it because they know I’ll piss off 50% of their customer base.

Kacho

Gold Member
Watched an Asmongold video about this. He stated the obvious which is that no one cares about these virtue signaling corporate moves, people just want good games. Modern day Blizz has a lot to prove in that regard. All the inclusivity in the world won’t make people care about Overwatch 2 or Diablo Immortal. Diablo 4 is the most interesting game they have in the works but the prerelease hype is nowhere near what it was for Diablo 3.

Unknown?

I think a lot of companies are going to look at what is happening with Disney and will explicitly avoid a public political stance. Look at Apple, you know where they stand politically just from where they’re located, but they don’t beat you over the head with it because they know I’ll piss off 50% of their customer base.
Because Apple knows how they will get destroyed if they virtue signal.

Swift_Star

Banned
They already have this department anyway.

Because Apple knows how they will get destroyed if they virtue signal.

Lol

Majukun

as long as it helps them make better games rights ? 🤦‍♂️
it will barely effect the quality of the games

Russians are commies. Nort Koreans are commies.

Now ask yourself gently if you think there's a push for this in those countries.

Then consider whether or not it's a good idea to know what you're talking about.
russia is not a communist country, has not been for decades

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I thought they should strive to increase the number of competent game designer, but hey, that's just me.

Chukhopops

Do Japanese game companies have it?

In fact, Japan is an interesting case because they have to hire foreigners for certain positions as their workforce is getting older. Of course the context is completely different than in the US, as is what it actually means to enforce those policies.

Vaelka

It's just weird imo to lump stuff like '' non-binary '' into the same category as women.
Imo I don't even think it's an actual thing every time I see people use that label they very clearly present one way it just feels like it's a label for people who want to feel special.
Like wtf happened to '' butch '' women?
Are you really non-binary because you have short hair or whatever? Come the fuck on...

Stuff like '' femboy '' is extremely niche is it actually something to worry about needing to be represented?
We're talking about like less than 1% of the population why do they need to have a quota and be some mandatory thing in an already niche profession on top of that too?
If I was a woman I'd probably be pretty fucking annoyed being lumped in with that.

Last edited:

luffie

It's really just pr talk tbh, not for you guys but for press n publicity.

In reality, they will hardly find any reliable candidate with good numbers. The number of women graduating from college with relevant degree is fewer, much less those who are skilled enough to be hired. Then the number of skilled non binary candidate is even lesser significantly.

They'd be lucky if they even find 1 eligible candidate who specifically state that they are non binary.

Activision Blizzard should be thankful that any talented person would want to work there in 2022, no matter their sex or their gayness.

How about just trying to make some good games for a change instead of focusing on harassing each other? MS better clean house after the acquisition, the only value left are the IPs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom