• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Blizzard Stockholders Approve Proposed Microsoft Transaction

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) announced that its stockholders approved Microsoft Corporation’s (Nasdaq: MSFT) proposal to acquire Activision Blizzard at the Activision Blizzard Special Meeting of Stockholders held earlier today. More than 98% of the shares voted at the Special Meeting were voted in favor of the proposed transaction with Microsoft.

“Today’s overwhelmingly supportive vote by our stockholders confirms our shared belief that, combined with Microsoft, we will be even better positioned to create great value for our players, even greater opportunities for our employees, and to continue our focus on becoming an inspiring example of a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive workplace,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard.

The complete results of the Special Meeting will be reported in a Form 8-K to be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission by early next week, after certification by Activision Blizzard’s Inspector of Election.

jason-heavy.gif

Last edited:

elliot5

Whats next? Microsoft shareholders approving? Final filing for ftc? Then europe and china? Then cod to game pass?

Pejo

Why wouldn't they? Their news has all been bad for the past few months, it's likely going to see a bump in the coming months and they can decide then to unload or hold it. If I had stock, that's what I'd do at least.

anthony2690

Banned
Just thought about how much better value my game pass sub will be with stuff like diablo 4, yearly cods, overwatch and other games coming day one. ❤️

Hopefully with Phil's past comments they revisit some older ips that have not seen the love they deserve over the years :)

I Master l

Banned
So MS paid 70 Billion only to put COD free on gamepass day 1 and still it will be multiplatform game ?
This whole deal doesn't make sense to me at all

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Just thought about how much better value my game pass sub will be with stuff like diablo 4, yearly cods, overwatch and other games coming day one. ❤️

Hopefully with Phil's past comments they revisit some older ips that have not seen the love they deserve over the years :)
It sounds surreal we'll have call of duty, overwatch 2 and diablo 4 on gamepass. I still can't believe it. Not to mention Bethesda and all their games.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't know why people are referencing the article from Bloomberg today. This was the extent of the move in the stock after this news broke:

IMG-20220428-210123.jpg

If this were the signal that the deal is done (which is what wall street are looking for) then the price would have been bid up to $95 in no time.

Dr Bass

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a tad concerning reading some of these posts, but having seen the nonsense in some of the other threads in recent days, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
I agree with you 100%. It's kinda shocking really. Or like you said, maybe it isn't.

I still miss your Bugs avatar. :messenger_tongue:

Rivet

Everybody knew stockholders would approve though. The doubt is about the FTC review and approval.

Jason Schreier never said the stockholders would disapprove. He actually linked the result of the vote in the same Twitter thread. It's all about the FTC and current climate with the Biden administration.

Last edited:

ManaByte

This was never going to be the problem, its the FTC.
Everybody knew stockholders would approve though. The doubt is about the FTC review and approval.

Do we need to post the Hoeg Law video again explaining why there's not much doubt that the FTC will approve and all of the "doubt" out there is FUD from uneducated video game "journalists" and bloggers who rushed with headlines without knowing what the fuck they were really talking about?

Rivet

Do we need to post the Hoeg Law video again explaining why there's not much doubt that the FTC will approve and all of the "doubt" out there is FUD from uneducated video game "journalists" and bloggers who rushed with headlines without knowing what the fuck they were really talking about?

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but if there was zero doubt, the stock probably wouldn't trade 23 % below the acquisition price, it's a lot. It's well known there's a doubt, although I agree the deal will probably go through according to most people who know about the subject.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Just a random question, but how long until we see Activision/Blizzard games in action on MS owned stores?

Plantoid

Told ya, how many months until every cod ever launches on game pass? Last cos campaign i bought was black ops 2 so I'm going to have a lot to catch up to

Top Bottom