• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision was hacked, half of the 2023 schedule for COD leaked

Sooo its leaked they are going to release a few more Season Tiers....I dont think anyone needed a leak to confirm that. I mean this is nothing plus we also know a "DLC" singleplayer is coming out so I dont see how this hurts them in any way.

Varteras

Gold Member
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

nikos

Season 2 ends in 51 days, so the Season 3 start date is already wrong. Could be real, just with incorrect dates due to a Season 2 release delay or something. All of that info is pretty much a given anyway.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Slack account? So you’ve got game designers or Activision employees keeping confidential information on other websites? It’s not all kept internally?

I have to wonder if the person used the same password for their other accounts, thus making it easier for someone to keep fishing around for more access.

If I owned a business I’d make every single one of my employees do some sorta cyber security training course. I work in IT and the #1 threat to a business is the user.

skit_data

I was just about to be excited for some upcoming titles but then I remembered they’re pretty much only making CoD.

Sigh. So many developers for such a boring IP.

Three

Did that privileged user have access to user data? If so it's pretty shitty they didn't tell anyone.

Edit: Looks like they just phished their slack account details?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Call of duty made it easier for noobs to be good at it that’s what’s going on and the makers are motivated by money not making quality maps, right now they’re on record saying they’ll be a 2023 cod.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Jupiter GI / GL means Gamepass inclusion/ Gamepass Launch! You heard it here first !
The fact that Activision did not notify people of the hack may give them problems if Microsoft use that to somehow not pay them the 3B$ they will owe them if the deal is not done in time. And we do not know what else have been found by the hacker. There may be more to learn about this.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

I did it ladies and gentlemen. I hacked ACTIVISION headquarters and is now leaking the top secret info that there will indeed be a new cod game this year.

Kurotri

Slack account? So you’ve got game designers or Activision employees keeping confidential information on other websites? It’s not all kept internally?

I have to wonder if the person used the same password for their other accounts, thus making it easier for someone to keep fishing around for more access.

If I owned a business I’d make every single one of my employees do some sorta cyber security training course. I work in IT and the #1 threat to a business is the user.
Pretty sure the whole GTA 6 leak thing was also because of a Slack account hack so yea lol

Mr Moose

FpX1FjQWYAAbo24

This tells me nothing. What guns? What maps? Are they just reskinned maps from old CoDs?:messenger_dizzy: Also, what? S2 only just launched on Feb 15th, it's not going to end on March 15th. How legit is this leak? Wasn't S2 meant to come Feb 1st but was delayed 2 weeks to the 15th, so this pic doesn't make any sense at all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Droxcy

Tons of companies use slack when the internal is teams because its fundamentally better.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Tons of companies use slack when the internal is teams because its fundamentally better.
Tons of options in the cloud these days, but security is far more important these days too. So many companies wanting to move away from being on-prem. If the employee can’t use best practice with 3rd party applications then there’s less of a liability on their IT team. Blame the user or blame the site they’re using.

Last edited:
If it is proven that Activision lied about the severity of the hack it will have consequences.
We will see what will happen but i hope that it will not get worse from that.
Could be a genuine human oversight. IOCs can be very subtle and tricky at times. However, it would've been a big mistake if a corporation such as Activision doesn't have a monitoring system in place.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Could be a genuine human oversight. IOCs can be very subtle and tricky at times. However, it would've been a big mistake if a corporation such as Activision doesn't have a monitoring system in place.
The problem is that they did not talk about it since it happened in early december. So the bigger the hack is, the more responsibilty they will have. Mistakes are human, and the deal with Microsoft complicate matters. We will have to wait and see where it goes . But it is not a good idea to hide those kind of problems.

Top Bottom