• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actraiser Renaissance |OT| The Lord of Light Returns to Switch, Steam, PS4, iOS, and Android

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Now, it’s back! Actraiser Renaissance, a full, stunning remaster of the game has been released today on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC and mobile devices. As in the original, this release will see you simultaneously taking down the creatures of darkness while building, developing and protecting your own safe haven of civilisation.

$29.99 ($19.99 mobile)

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Now, it’s back! Actraiser Renaissance, a full, stunning remaster of the game has been released today on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC and mobile devices. As in the original, this release will see you simultaneously taking down the creatures of darkness while building, developing and protecting your own safe haven of civilisation.

giphy.gif

CamHostage

What's Xbox gotta do to keep on SE's radar?

Not in love with the remastered visual style, but its liveable. (Wish it had graphic fallback mode like R-Type.) Glad to have Actraiser back.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's live everywhere but Switch now (lol)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda mixed on the graphics. The over head view looked good and some of the side scrolling parts did too, but other parts looked a little weird. Not a fan of some of the textures. Idk.

Act Raiser 2 was better anyway.

oagboghi2

$29.99 ($19.99 mobile)

holy shit that music

that got me in the nostalgic feels...

jshackles

I'll probably pick up the Steam release. The iOS screenshots appear to be in ultrawide, and I'm wondering if the PC release will support that. If so, dope. If not, eh I'll probably get it on the Switch.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Act Raiser 2 has better gameplay, better graphics, much more fleshed out mechanics.

Literally the only thing it lacks compared to the original is the simulation aspect which is basically absent in AR2. The platforming is much better though and that is how you spend most of the time in the game. AR1 is very limited mechanically compared to AR2, dare I say stiff. The side scrolling aspect definitely improved a lot, like the jump from Mario 1 to Mario 3 for reference. It's a bummer that they basically removed the simulation aspect with AR2, but again, everything else is improved and the side scrolling aspect is the majority of both games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Suchong

I still own a boxed copy of Actraiser.
Amazing game.
Appeasing your people in the city building parts was so satisfying.
Defeating Tanzra(?) was a magical moment for my younger self.
Hearing that remixed Filmore music made me literally dragon punch off my couch :)

Dr. Suchong

I'll be interested to know people's impressions.
Especially those who have played the original like myself.
This will be a good fit for my Switch. I'm not overawed by the art direction but I'm excited to give this a go 👍

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
It's live everywhere but Switch now (lol)

$30 for a mobile game? lol

clem84

Gold Member
Yeah the graphics bother me. I really dislike that style of animation, where it's a bunch of separate sprites moving together to create the animation of the main character. I'm guessing this type of animation is cheaper to produce compared to creating full character sprites for each frame? It's really colorful though. The multi layered backgrounds are really nice, so are the particle effects. It's a mixed bag. I'll wait for reviews.

Top Bottom