• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Games Thread 2021 - The Future of Fine Leather Jackets

Fuz

Banned
Despite really liking the writing, story and characters of TSF1 I'm not feeling any hype.
D8TTC.gif

NirvanAI is my most hyped adventure for 2022, currently. That's saying something, too, since there's some great looking games on the horizon with a lot of potential like STASIS: Bone Totem, Enigma Archives and Rosewater (among others). This little bit of info is good to keep me on the hook but we need some real media within the next month or two. The first AI had an entire series of mysterious fake blogs starring Iris. They're fun to watch, even now, with the hindsight of what they were all hinting at. Getting something like that again would be great.

The premise of the half body serial killings is bizarre enough in itself that I'm eager to see where Uchikoshi will go with it. I like Mizuki's new design, Tama's AI-Ball form is cute too. Ryuki looks a little plain but it seems a match for his personality. I think the reserved and gentle Ryuki's AI partner being an overtly sexual character like Tama is basically 200% confirmation of the game's pervy humor returning in full force.

I'm also assuming that both of the two protagonists will be playable characters, so I wonder if that'll have any impact on the psync-ing/investigations/branching. It wouldn't be the first time the Zero Escape team has messed around with those mechanics.

Looking at the trailer a few more times and I'm getting strong vibes for my character switching somnium prediction. The trailer really emphasises the split between Mizuki and Ryuki's somniums. Split protagonist, split psync, split body killings... Uchikoshi is up to his wiley tricks again.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Looking at the trailer a few more times and I'm getting strong vibes for my character switching somnium prediction. The trailer really emphasises the split between Mizuki and Ryuki's somniums. Split protagonist, split psync, split body killings... Uchikoshi is up to his wiley tricks again.
This is why AI2 is my most hyped game this year, I’m super excited for Elden Ring but I know what to expect from that game but with AI2 I have no idea because Uchikoshi is mad man and l love him for it.

Fuz

Banned
I found this:
Haven't tried it yet, too busy with Genshin Impact

Edit: Nevermind, ignore this post. It's like 5 minutes long with no puzzles, although it's a cute take on that Simpsons episode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom