• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Games Thread 2022 - We CAN use these things together

Digital Antiquarian wrote an entry on his blog for Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

By the way, is the new Broken Sword any good?
Broken Sword 5 was good, the art style for the backgrounds was gorgeous and the figures were respectably close to the original aesthetic for 3D art on a budget. The story doesn't stray too far from the Broken Sword formula, of course there's a new conspiracy with supernatural implications, George and Nico are back and their chemistry is better than in the other post-2 games. It's well done and worth playing but isn't quite as entertaining as the first two games IMO.

This could also come down, partially, to burnout since I did marathon the Broken Sword series going into 5 and I was pretty burned out by the time I got to it. Still a solid game, though.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Broken Sword 5 was good, the art style for the backgrounds was gorgeous and the figures were respectably close to the original aesthetic for 3D art on a budget. The story doesn't stray too far from the Broken Sword formula, of course there's a new conspiracy with supernatural implications, George and Nico are back and their chemistry is better than in the other post-2 games. It's well done and worth playing but isn't quite as entertaining as the first two games IMO.

This could also come down, partially, to burnout since I did marathon the Broken Sword series going into 5 and I was pretty burned out by the time I got to it. Still a solid game, though.
You know, I just realized Broken Sword 5 was released in 2013 almost 10 years ago, wtf.

I almost forgot they were working on that Beyond a Steel Sky game.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz
You know, I just realized Broken Sword 5 was released in 2013 almost 10 years ago, wtf.

I almost forgot they were working on that Beyond a Steel Sky game.
Yeah, to be honest I hope that whatever Revolution works on next is a new IP. I enjoyed Beyond a Steel Sky but it feels like they're limiting themselves staying tied to their legacy franchises. There is a stable fan base that will always come out for Broken Sword but IMO it starts to feel silly after a while when George and Nico are uncovering yet another ancient conspiracy. Part of what made BS1 so special was you didn't know how deep the mystery would go.

Shinigami: Shibito Magire coming west as Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II in 2023 for PS4, Switch, and PC - Gematsu
Aksys Games will release Experience-developed horror adventure game Shinigami: Shibito Magire as Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in the west in 2023, the company announced.
Simple announcement without too many details, even the trailer Aksys Games uploaded is just the same Japanese trailer Experience put out a few months ago without any actual translated text lol. Still I'm happy the third Spirit Hunter game is properly getting an English release. I'm a fan of the series and it just dawned on me that the current Steam sale is probably the only time for a while these games will be (somewhat) reasonably priced.

20 dollars for the first game is not too shabby considering it's around 15 to 20 hours long.

This trailer for upcoming Sci-Fi adventure "Lost In Space" also looks pretty neat.

Ready for a brand new Lost in Space adventure?​

In this all new point & click adventure game you'll play as Will Robinson who will need your help to solve the mystery of his missing Jupiter 2 crewmates. After being trapped in a cave on a late night rock hunting excursion, Will returns to the spaceship, only to find that it's been attacked during the night! You'll team up with Dr. Zachery Smith and B9, the Robot, to unravel the story behind the disappearance of Will's parents, John and Maureen; his sisters, Judy and Penny and Major Don West. Their journey will take them on a perilous adventure across various locations from deep dangerous caves to convict-filled derelict spaceships!

Lost in Space will return you to the imaginative world of the beloved 60's television series. The game is designed to be the "fourth season" that fans have always craved since the conclusion of its three season run. Recreated with loving detail to perfectly capture the personalities of all the members of the Jupiter 2. From the precociously adventurous Will Robinson to the pragmatic yet protective B9 Robot. From the stoic and brave Professor John Robinson to the skittish, antic-filled Dr. Zackary Smith. This original adventure will also mark the return of numerous, famous villains from the original series.

• Lost in Space lovingly recreates the wonderous world of the beloved 60's television series.
  • Experience an all-new story that continues the Robinson's adventures and serves as a interactive "fourth season" of the original series.
  • Match wits with some of the original series' most nefarious villains including Saticons, Invaders from the Fifth Dimension, the Giant Cyclops and more!
  • The game uses dialogue taken directly from the show as well as the original music including the iconic theme songs!
  • Work your way through lots and lots of challenging puzzles, knowing a multi-tiered help system is always there. If you need it.

I dig the retro-future vibes and the animation is nice as well.

Fuz

Gold Member
This trailer for upcoming Sci-Fi adventure "Lost In Space" also looks pretty neat.

I dig the retro-future vibes and the animation is nice as well.
Yep, same. Really like the retro-future settings. The Deadly Tower of Monsters was a pretty fun game thanks to it (and its humour).
This one is interesting.

Top Bottom