• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice on a TikTok

RPS37

I want to make a TikTok role playing my experience as a restaurant worker working to-go.
I want to use a stock image of a restaurant to-go area as the green screen background.
I googled it and found a picture, but it seemed like I needed to license the picture or something.
Anyway, is it like….legal to use a random picture I find on the internet and use it as a green screen background on a TikTok?
Also, if so, can someone help me find a good picture of a restaurant to-go area to use for my to be made TikTok.

I understand I use GAF in the strangest of ways, but thanks for the help.

ParaSeoul

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Soltype

I want to make a TikTok role playing my experience as a restaurant worker working to-go.
I want to use a stock image of a restaurant to-go area as the green screen background.
I googled it and found a picture, but it seemed like I needed to license the picture or something.
Anyway, is it like….legal to use a random picture I find on the internet and use it as a green screen background on a TikTok?
Also, if so, can someone help me find a good picture of a restaurant to-go area to use for my to be made TikTok.

I understand I use GAF in the strangest of ways, but thanks for the help.
913.gif

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
You shouldn't have any issues with using a picture you download off the net as your background.
In practice probably. In theory - 100% illegal if you do not know if the picture is under a copyright. It's you task as the one using the picture to make sure you are in accordance with the law.

RPS37

See the post above you.

TikTok is the best social media platform dont listen to these heathens

You shouldn't have any issues with using a picture you download off the net as your background. If you're really concerned then just buy an image from a stock image depository

TikTok is literally huge in breaking musical artists right now.
I’m really tempted to drop money just be on the safe side.
I’m that confident that this post will blow up.

Just be sure to use the cringest song ever playing in the background when you do find it

It’s actually an a capella rap that I’m going to do…

In practice probably. In theory - 100% illegal if you do not know if the picture is under a copyright. It's you task as the one using the picture to make sure you are in accordance with the law.

I don’t wanna get caught slipping. Are copyright claims in green screen background images in TikTok’s a thing though????

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Are copyright claims in green screen background images in TikTok’s a thing though????
Nobody knows, same as with everything else - some people get slapped with copyright for some thing they used without permission, others do it for months and years without consequences.

tusharngf

better take a photo of an actual restaurant so you won't face any issue. Also best of luck with your tik tok video and don't listen to the NO crowd.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Well I already judged you OP... so what you're looking for are images under free commercial use. Look it up, there a couple of site where publish this kind of images.

ZywyPL

Banned
Forst and foremost you need to make the 'Simple Dimple' and 'Why Aren't You in Uniform' challenges vids, if those two don't click you can forget about TikTok.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just be sure to use the cringest song ever playing in the background when you do find it
I recommend that "oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no" song. People will be surprised with your deep cut from the 1960s Shangri-la's and it will also clue them in to the fact that something bad has happened.

Top Bottom