• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 2 years, Ghost of Tsushima has received its final patch, Sucker Punch has confirmed.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FQdn9Q2WUAAZj8j

Sucker Punch has announced that Patch 2.18 for Ghost of Tsushima will be the game’s final update, after almost two years. The patch, which mostly affects multiplayer mode Legends, will also make minor adjustments to single player. Sucker Punch has thanked fans for their continuing support of the game and will “monitor feedback” going forward for any high priority bugs.

A message from the team was included at the end of the patch notes on the PlayStation Blog.

While we aren’t actively working on any additional patches at the moment, we will continue to monitor feedback on the community-run Gotlegends subreddit and messages sent to @SuckerPunchProd on Twitter for any high priority bugs or issues that emerge. We want to say a huge THANK YOU to the entire community for the incredible amount of support and feedback we’ve gotten since launch.

One of the reasons i kind of regret joining the green rat army is that i don't have access to these PS exclusives (love me some 3rd person action games) - i had already sold my PS4 Pro when this and LOU2 came out so i never got around playing them , got a new lappy recently though so i hope they both release on PC sooner rather than later.

SeraphJan

What an underrated Metacritic score the original PS4 launch version had, such a great game, only because journalists had nothing new to write about this type of old open world formula, journalist hate games that does not allow them to express something new to show off their writing "talent". But the problem is, new formula does not = better, old formula does not = mediocre, writers are just selfish instead of being fair

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"we will continue to monitor feedback on the community-run Gotlegends subreddit and messages sent to SuckerPunchProd on Twitter for any high priority bugs or issues that emerge."

Well yeah, that much is given, I meant more Mp support for possibly adding more characters, equipment etc.

Two years seems like a pretty quick turnaround.

What an underrated Metacritic score the original PS4 launch version had, such a great game, only because journalists had nothing new to write about this type of old open world formula, journalist hate games that does not allow them to express something new to show off their writing "talent".
It had one of the best openings in any game I have played. And they had many new things like the wind instead of waypoints or arrows that made the game more interesting.

This was merely okay. Which was a big disappointment after the infamous games.

Combat got so easy towards the end which robbed the need to go and explore.

Exploration was dull anyway after being hyped so much. Lack of UI was nice but ruined cause the main map ended getting cluttered with icons anyway.

Biggest issue is the setting ultimately. Your not gonna encounter a dragon, robot t rex or an alien space ship. Your gonna encounter another clown with a sword or maybe a fox to get another health upgrade which you dont need. I am done after one game and I don't see how suckerpunch can make an interesting sequel.

Having said all that the controls are amazing and the amount of options you have without going into a menu is incredible.

A Souls game with this button layout and controls would be the GOAT.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

Exploration was dull anyway after being hyped so much. Lack of UI was nice but ruined cause the main map ended getting cluttered with icons anyway.

Biggest issue is the setting ultimately. Your not gonna encounter a dragon, robot t rex or an alien space ship. Your gonna encounter another clown with a sword or maybe a fox to get another health upgrade which you dont need. I am done after one game and I don't see how suckerpunch can make an interesting sequel.

Having said all that the controls are amazing and the amount of options you have without going into a menu is incredible.

That’s quite the shit take.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I loved it's world, even at 30fps (at the time I was hyped replaying it on PS5 just for the boost but nowadays.. maybe?) I just have a weakness for nature lol. Same with BotW and more or less Elden Ring. Feudal Japan does a lot to me as well so that helped. Combat could be better but that goes for many games. For escapism purposes though this game served me well

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Cheesuz christ...what did I just read.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Dude honestly, if you didn't encounter any dragon or dinosaur robot then the problem is with you. Not every game is like that.
Its just like going to watch Sherlock Holmes movie and complaining you didn't saw any spaceship in it.

But dudebro, I can't smell your reaction of his whole post is only targeting that one sentiment =P

Saber

Gold Member
But dudebro, I can't smell your reaction of his whole post is only targeting that one sentiment =P

Not really.
I left very explicit the part I frankly didn't make any sense of at all. Find the world boring? Cool. Exploration is dull? Its not for everyones like, I'm fine. Hud? Valid complains, I'm not a fan of bunch of map icons either. But complaining the setting is wrong because you didn't saw a dragon? Wtf was that?

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not really.
I left very explicit the part I frankly didn't make any sense of it all. Find the world boring? Cool. Exploration is dull? Its not for everyones like, I'm fine. Hud? Valid complains, I'm not a fan of map icons either. But complaining the setting is wrong because you didn't saw a dragon? Wtf was that?

Ahh my bad then. Apologies sir

What's wrong with that exactly? Obviously I knew what I was getting with ghost an authentic Samurai game.

But I had my doubts about it. I thought a realistic Samurai would have major a problem with enemy variety and lack of interesting things to find in the open world.

And I was absolutely right by the end of game your still fighting the same 5 boring Mongols, still finding the same dull foxes and birds and auto platforming shrines.

Some of the quests are interesting but at the end of the day the combat is the only meaningful gameplay in ghost and lack of enemy variety is a major problem for me.

I didn't expect to find dragon's etc lol that would have ruined the immersion. My larger point was the setting is important for your game and can potentially limit your creativity.

I obviously think the Samurai setting is dull If you disagree that's cool.

I wrote a bunch of other criticisms though which everyone has handwaved away lol. Disagree or agree? Maybe we can have a coversation about it and be richer for it 😉

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
What's wrong with that exactly? Obviously I knew what I was getting with ghost an authentic Samurai game.

But I had my doubts about it. I thought a realistic Samurai would have major a problem with enemy variety and lack of interesting things to find in the open world.

And I was absolutely right by the end of game your still fighting the same 5 boring Mongols, still finding the same dull foxes and birds and auto platforming shrines.

Some of the quests are interesting but at the end of the day the combat is the only meaningful gameplay in ghost and lack of enemy variety is a major problem for me.

I didn't expect to find dragon's etc lol that would have ruined the immersion. My larger point was the setting is important for your game and can potentially limit your creativity.

I wrote a bunch of other criticisms though which everyone has handwaved away lol. Disagree or agree? Maybe we can have a coversation about it and be richer for it 😉

You can create variety even within such a setting. Takes effort and dare I say, creativity.

jaysius

Banned

One thing that was shitty, was many NPCs weren’t properly animated in cutscenes if they weren’t primary NPCs, it looked pretty awful.

I dunno. I feel he was getting at enemy monotony. So I feel him
Bang on it has other issues as well which I went in depth.

To be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CLEAR...

If ghost had dragons, robo dinos spaceships etc it would have been a worse game and completely ruined the story, setting immersion.

I am disappointed sucker punch chose the Samurai setting after playing it. But see the potential of the combat system to fit into a more interesting setting suited to my tastes

You can create variety even within such a setting. Takes effort and dare I say, creativity.
Maybe they definitely didn't do it with ghost IMO.

I think your still gonna be fighting dudes with a bunch a different feudal Japan weapons at the end of day. Maybe the odd bear or puma etc.

Belthazar

Well yeah, that much is given, I meant more Mp support for possibly adding more characters, equipment etc.

Two years seems like a pretty quick turnaround.

It's not a live service game, it doesn't even have microtransactions. It's very well made and surprisingly meaty, but it's just a side distraction. It was never supposed to have that kind of support.

The mp was an unexpected surprise. Enjoyed the sp campaign. Liked the story and the gameplay. I can understand that not everyone enjoyed it but to those who didn't like the game.. what would you have done differently without sacrificing the groundedness of the game?

Last edited:

Belthazar

I think your still gonna be fighting dudes with a bunch a different feudal Japan weapons at the end of day. Maybe the odd bear or puma etc.

Yeah, and I was still fighting people with guns in a world war 2 game. Unacceptable, right?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

That's a pretty simplistic way of looking at it, although it could be cynical but that's doubtful if I read your energy right, which I do mostly lol

It's about subtlety and detail. Every other scenario can be monotonous and generic. Cut and paste if you will.

That's the price you pay when committing to a specific setting; unless you REALLY go hardcore you'll end up with to much similarity

I'm drunk so bear with me but for example Sekiro took one setting and it didn't feel so copy paste. Sure I see the difference in scope but perhaps that's the issue

Yes I know Sekiro took a more folklore type of approach which gave more lieneance regarding creative freedom but my point still stands

Last edited:

NEbeast

You bought a samurai game and you're sad you can't fight dragons/robot t rex or a fucking alien?
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Last edited:
Top Bottom