• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 2 years, Ghost of Tsushima has received its final patch, Sucker Punch has confirmed.

ParaSeoul

™ !!

16501215561319308058k4l.jpg
View someone else's screenshot of their trophy list on tv and add a post it note,fool proof.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost of Tsushima is such an excellent game. I do wish Sucker Punch would have made the Iki Island expansion standalone or at the very least, allow you to play it from the menu instead of having to complete Act I. Oh well. Looking forward to the sequel which is now my #1 most anticipated sequel from last generation. Days Gone was originally #1 but obviously, that's not happening so Tsushima jumped up a spot.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
What a great game. It was such a breath of fresh air. Retains a lot of traditional open world elements while also evolving the genre in smart ways. It was the Tenchu sequel I'd been waiting a long time for. It was also the first game I played after the birth of my daughter. I'd play with her bassinet right next to me and just listen to the music when I had to stop to feed and change her.

If they don't have the motivation or inspiration for another InFamous, I hope we get a sequel to Ghosts.

TheMan

I forgot about this. Fell of because I’m a dumbass who buys too many games but I should get back to this.

sircaw

Banned
Been playing Legends with a friend for the last 3 weeks or so, absolutely love it.

Very sad to hear this is the last patch, i really wanted there to be more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They never said this would be a 10 year game
Yeah this isn't a GAAS or the games primary mode, still two years, or one if you count from the PS5 re-release still feels too quick to launch 'the final patch', that's all I'm saying.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yeah this isn't a GAAS or the games primary mode, still two years, or one if you count from the PS5 re-release still feels too quick to launch 'the final patch', that's all I'm saying.
2 years after release with a supplemental mp mode added after the fact.....From a developer that makes single-player narrative focused games. It's fine.

I'd say it's fine to be disappointed, just shows you like what they released, and if you express your adulation of the mode, it's more than likely to be included in the future. But to expect a company which focus on making single-player games to give support to a supplemental mp co-op mode added after the fact is just wishful thinking and having unrealistic expectations. Appreciate it for what it is and was.

Last edited:

adamsapple

2 years after release with a supplemental mp mode added after the fact.....From a developer that makes single-player narrative focused games. It's fine.

Sure, I have no issue seeing it like that. But some of y'all go straight for the jugular :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Been playing Legends with a friend for the last 3 weeks or so, absolutely love it.

Very sad to hear this is the last patch, i really wanted there to be more.

This is what I meant.

Last edited:
Maybe it makes more financial sense for them to use their resources to make a new game? This was a free mode without any store feature/ways to spend money (at least, last I played this mode there wasn't)

That's a pretty simplistic way of looking at it, although it could be cynical but that's doubtful if I read your energy right, which I do mostly lol
I think we are lol. I could envison a game with alot of depth but low enemy count. E.g. by having complex A.I.. varied level design or giving a ton of options to the player mgs5 kinda fits this. Is this what your getting at?
It's about subtlety and detail. Every other scenario can be monotonous and generic. Cut and paste if you will.
Can you explain what you mean by subtle and detail please.
That's the price you pay when committing to a specific setting; unless you REALLY go hardcore you'll end up with to much similarity
I think with realistic settings your gonna stuggle with variety yes. With fantasy or Sci fi anything goes.
I'm drunk so bear with me but for example Sekiro took one setting and it didn't feel so copy paste. Sure I see the difference in scope but perhaps that's the issue
Drink up dude enjoy your easter!
Yes I know Sekiro took a more folklore type of approach which gave more lieneance regarding creative freedom but my point still stands
Well sekiro does lean on it's fantasy elements a bit to bump variety. Even some of the human enemies have a fantasy feel that probably wouldn't fly in an authentic setting.

Amazing game.
So happy I waited until I got my ps5 to play this.
I remember thinking when I first saw it that it was some fixed camera linear game cause the graphics just blew me away.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
FQdn9Q2WUAAZj8j

Sucker Punch has announced that Patch 2.18 for Ghost of Tsushima will be the game’s final update, after almost two years. The patch, which mostly affects multiplayer mode Legends, will also make minor adjustments to single player. Sucker Punch has thanked fans for their continuing support of the game and will “monitor feedback” going forward for any high priority bugs.

A message from the team was included at the end of the patch notes on the PlayStation Blog.

Let me guess.... Its for improve stabilility??? 😄

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
One of the few and last game I platinumed. Loved it. Wanna play the expansion on PS5 but upgrading costs way too much.

Certinty

Yet to play the DLC but I absolutely loved the main game. Found the perfect balance of the old and new Ass Creed games that Ubisoft could only dream of with an awesome setting.

SSfox

This was merely okay. Which was a big disappointment after the infamous games.

Combat got so easy towards the end which robbed the need to go and explore.

Exploration was dull anyway after being hyped so much. Lack of UI was nice but ruined cause the main map ended getting cluttered with icons anyway.

Biggest issue is the setting ultimately. Your not gonna encounter a dragon, robot t rex or an alien space ship. Your gonna encounter another clown with a sword or maybe a fox to get another health upgrade which you dont need. I am done after one game and I don't see how suckerpunch can make an interesting sequel.

Having said all that the controls are amazing and the amount of options you have without going into a menu is incredible.

A Souls game with this button layout and controls would be the GOAT.
To me it's opposite i didn't like Infamous much, but i loved GOT.

MrMephistoX

Took me a while but I’ve really gotten into this game recently for the first time I love how you can get so in depth with the upgrades that sword fights almost become like a rythym game and one hit kills are possible as you progress.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That what happens when you have no MTX policy. You simply can't work for free. The Legend mode needs continuous support and content and let the MTX help there, a perfect live service complimenting a wonderful SP game.

MadPanda

Banned

I also got platinum in this game but I regret it. It just shows all the flaws this game has. I wish I played it focusing on main story path, I think I would've enjoyed it more. Setting is the only thing it sets it apart from the rest of similar games.

Kokoloko85

That what happens when you have no MTX policy. You simply can't work for free. The Legend mode needs continuous support and content and let the MTX help there, a perfect live service complimenting a wonderful SP game.

I think like how Fortnite does microtransactions works well. Doesn't effect the gameplay etc, mostly just skins and stuff?
If thats correct, thats what I heard

Kokoloko85

nah fuck that.
let's move on.
its like people don't learn their lesson with gta5

Yeah I agree but I dont think Sony is gonna stop making single player games. Mtx that doesnt effect gameplay could help the multiplayer for a few years till the next game comes out.
There gonna do microtransaction for some online games anyway

SLB1904

Banned
Yeah I agree but I dont think Sony is gonna stop making single player games. Mtx that doesnt effect gameplay could help the multiplayer for a few years till the next game comes out.
There gonna do microtransaction for some online games anyway
the problem is not having or havce microtransanction. the problem is if the mp becomes more successful than the single player section they wont move on like rockstar and epic

Kokoloko85

the problem is not having or havce microtransanction. the problem is if the mp becomes more successful than the single player section they wont move on like rockstar and epic
Possible but they have so many studios and I dont see them leaving single player games. The next multiplayer Ghost will probably be seperate like how they are supposedly doing TLOU factions 2 separate

KungFucius

King Snowflake
One of the reasons i kind of regret joining the green rat army is that i don't have access to these PS exclusives (love me some 3rd person action games) - i had already sold my PS4 Pro when this and LOU2 came out so i never got around playing them , got a new lappy recently though so i hope they both release on PC sooner rather than later.
Hold out and hopefully they will. I still get annoyed that I had to buy a PS5 to play Sony games. If they, like MS, release everything on PC then I will buy them there, even if many months later. MS saved me 500 bucks and the hassle of finding an XSX and I appreciate that.

adamsapple

Hold out and hopefully they will. I still get annoyed that I had to buy a PS5 to play Sony games. If they, like MS, release everything on PC then I will buy them there, even if many months later. MS saved me 500 bucks and the hassle of finding an XSX and I appreciate that.

I'm still holding onto my Pro until Ragnarok lol, then I'll probably sell it off or give it to a younger relative as a gift.

Will get a PS5 maybe late 2023 or early 2024 when there's more exclusive games on it.

DavidGzz

I dunno. I feel he was getting at enemy monotony. So I feel him

This is what made me quit halfway through. I LOVED it for a good while though. It's still my favorite PS4 game. I didn't finish Sekiro either because of lack of weapon variety and new armors. Elden Ring is the perfection I was looking for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom