• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 425 hours i finally beat Elden Ring

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • 825 Bosses Killed
  • 425,6 h Spent on the game
  • 6 Characters: A Dollar Store Maria of Clocktower (Blood Build), a Godfrey Clone (Strenght Build), a Malenia Clone (Waterfowl Build), A Virgil Clone (Mage Build), a Guts Blackswordsmen clone (Quality Build), a Firekeeper Clone (Faith Build), a Plain Doll Clone (Archer Build)
  • Average character at NG+1 at level 200
  • Godrick and Gideon bullied a total of 6 times
  • 100% Achivement
  • Mostly of the map cleared (probably missed a few items here and there) - that's what took most of time.

Easiest Boss? Soldier of Godrick?

Hardest Boss: Malenia? Nah: Fucking Deathrite Birds.

Most OP Build? None. Some Bosses are actually resistant to what your charavter is build around. Example: I completely anhilated Malenia with the Blood Build whereas my Strenght Build was anhilated by here, but my Blood build was anhilated by Elden Beast while my Strenght Build anhilated it.

Positives:

• Big Map
  • Demigods are fun
  • Blaidd
  • Lots of Maidens

Negatives:

• Lobsters
  • Reusing bosses
  • Clearly lots of Cut content
  • Rot
  • I'm now Maidenless
  • Easy to miss stuff. I really hate this.

Overall 10/10 never stepping on the Lands Between again.

Last edited:

Banned
oh, you 100%ed it... my first thought was like, "WTF? 400+ hours to finish the game??? were you stoned the whole time or what?"

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Other than Git Gud which is not an option, whats the cheeziest easiest build to have.

I just want to explore stuff at ease and not do the enemy dance with every goddamn skeleton.

Banned
Other than Git Gud which is not an option, whats the cheeziest easiest build to have.

I just want to explore stuff at ease and not do the enemy dance with every goddamn skeleton.

magic users have always been the easiest.

many fights with smaller enemies are just you sending some spells their way untill they drop dead.

I haven't used a straight up magic build in Elden Ring, but I always had some pyromancy spells ready for when they were needed to cheeze some annoying stuff 😅

I used a similar build in Dark Souls 3 as well.

Last edited:

acidagfc

I salute you soldier, rest now!

Personally I stopped after 200h or so. DLC will suck me in for another 100 I suppose.

How does an archery build work? Do you use it for everything? I cannot imagine how it would work for some of the bosses that never fucking stop attacking. Maybe with some tanky ashes though.
I only used bows for chicken farming.

Bartski

Gold Member
my first playthrough took me 250 hours and another 70 to 100% it NG+, nothing cringe about it just a great gigantic game

Draugoth

Gold Member
How does an archery build work? Do you use it for everything? I cannot imagine how it would work for some of the bosses that never fucking stop attacking. Maybe with some tanky ashes though.

Black Bow with Barrage Skill (because most Bows in the game suck) and craft arrows with the corresponding weakness of the enemies you face and keep your distance from enemies.

Use Dual Daggers with bloodbuildup for close combat in case you are out of arrows, boss gets close or feels like going personal. For this build you need a reliable Spirit Ashes summon.

Hybrid Dexterity Magic Build with Azure Meteor and Moonveil Katana, which is what i used at my Vergil build.

Or you can just summon someone at the nearest summoning pool and melt the bosses.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
Sounds more like Elden ring beat you. Congrats. I haven't beat any Souls game. Still love them but at some point far into them I always get to a fuck this shit moment and quit.

Skifi28

Negatives:
  • Lobsters
lPCSZir.jpg

Top Bottom