• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After early input latency issues on PS5, collaboration sees response time of only 2 frames in Multiversus

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/07/multiversus-has-insanely-low-input-latency-on-ps5

EVO, game engine maker Epic Games, and platform holder Sony all confirmed that they’re collaborating on an issue regarding input latency with the Unreal Engine on the PS5. It’s all been a bit awkward for PlayStation: while it’s marketing its PS5 console as an esports machine, it’s often posted the worst response times in competitive fighting games.

The native PS5 version has the fastest response time at 1080p across all consoles, suggesting that the aforementioned trio may have happened upon a fix. In fact, at just 31.47 milliseconds, the PS5’s response time is around about two frames – minuscule stuff.

What's EVO?
that is cool but who wants to play at 1080p/60fps in the year of our lord 2022
Why not?

More options=better. Less latency being the reason to go 1080p/60fps in this case.

Most UE5 games will run 1080p to 1440p internally anyways. I'm guessing they're opting out of checkerboard and frame accumulation techniques due to the latency they add.

Last edited:
Before anyone wants to use this as a big win, XSX has a mere ms more on average

How come PS4 has so much latency at 60 fps? haven't they rolled out the same optimizations? Or does the PS4 on PS5 method adds any latency/is it the same on a real PS4?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wow, it's awesome that they've sorted it for this game. Hopefully it bodes well for streetfighter 6...but I'll be sticking to xbox where I have my stick.

Microsoft have been killing it on this front anyway. Maybe with some extra tweaking they'll get it even faster.

Top Bottom