• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After layoffs, 343 Industries is back to hiring new devs

Fuz

Banned
If you have ever wiped your arse with anything Halo, this could be your foot in the door to the industry. 343i and the TV show both hired the wrong people for projects. No doubt this hiring spree will focus more on diversity rather than ability and result in another shit Halo project.

Diversity hiring results in divisive workplaces.

DpoMXSm.jpg

Uh, twitter doesn't let me see the message when I'm unlogged. Is it normal? Is it new?

FireFly

Seems like a page out of Marvel's playbook

From that article:

As for why Marvel Studios feels that way, Moore would go on to say that he thinks it's important to find someone who acknowledges the greatness of the comic books but isn't determined to adapt them frame by frame.

"I think that's important to be able to go, 'Look, the source material is great, and I love it, and comics work in the medium they were built in, but that's not a direct, one-to-one translation to the best version of the movie.' And sometimes it takes someone who's out of this culture to go, 'Hey, I know you think it should be this, but maybe it should be this other thing.'"

It seems perfectly sensible that different mediums would have different requirements. In the clickbait economy, complex issues are reduced down to binary soundbites.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

From that article:

As for why Marvel Studios feels that way, Moore would go on to say that he thinks it's important to find someone who acknowledges the greatness of the comic books but isn't determined to adapt them frame by frame.

"I think that's important to be able to go, 'Look, the source material is great, and I love it, and comics work in the medium they were built in, but that's not a direct, one-to-one translation to the best version of the movie.' And sometimes it takes someone who's out of this culture to go, 'Hey, I know you think it should be this, but maybe it should be this other thing.'"

It seems perfectly sensible that different mediums would have different requirements. In the clickbait economy, complex issues are reduced down to binary soundbites.
Yeah but the wanting the adaptors not to be familiar with the source material doesn't inspire confidence to me that the adaptation is really trying to capture the spirit of the source material.

Last edited:
Top Bottom