• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Wreckfest, Bugbear Entertainment is working on 'Stuntfest'

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://zdobywcygier.eu/wp/2022/05/...y-na-temat-kolejnej-gry-od-tworcow-wreckfest/
Source: Reddit

stuntfest-808x454.jpg

- It's called Stuntfest
- A combination of the FlatOut, Trackmania and Wreckfest series.
- Stunfest draws a lot of inspiration from its predecessors, Wreckfest and the games FlatOut and FlatOut 2.
- Stuntfest will have different types of events.
- Style as in Destruction All-Stars.
- Dynamic content

Details

- The routes in an environment resembling the Grand Canyon in Colorado or the Arizona desert. In addition to the natural surroundings, the maps have various green, yellow and purple decorations, obstacles, balloons and similar things.
- From racing on maps resembling tracks from Trackmania (huge downhill descents and jumps), through destruction derby, to launching our character to the target straight from the FlatOut series. In Stuntfest, in addition to driving a car, we will be able to move our driver, in a similar style as it was in Destruction All-Stars. We will be able to launch ourselves from the vehicle, move freely around the map and summon the vehicle. Our character will be able to use items that are assigned to LT and RT on the controller.
- Driving a car, it is similar to that of the Wreckfest, but it is more dynamic.

While driving the car, we have nitro and a special skill (Ultimate).
One of the special skills is the Glider, which we can use when in the air.
Types of vehicles, the variety is great. We have pickups, buggies, sports cars, regular sedans, you can choose your color. The Wreckfest vehicle damage system also returns to Stuntfest. Vehicles have a health bar and will destroy themselves realistically.

Planned this year , possibly at the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase !

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hoping it's not a flop like Destruction Allstars. Honestly it feels like a downgrade already, but seems like they wanna avoid that impressive, sim-like driving style that noobs seem to complain about and making it more accessible to the fortnite/rocket league crowd.

Wreckfest is impressive, only needed further support and content/seasons for continuity.

Last edited:

Hestar69

Played the beta and its pretty fun.I dunno if it'll have SP, but what I played was all mutliplayer stuff

Whitecrow

Banned
Wreckfest is a bit shit when racing on normal circuits with no wrecking at all.

Also, on wrecking maps, when you just want to crash and wreck, car durability is almost a joke unless you are driving a bus or something like that, and you are like 2 minutes racing, and 5 waiting on the lobby

I hope this game fixes some of those things

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Hoping it's not a flop like Destruction Allstars. Honestly it feels like a downgrade already, but seems like they wanna avoid that impressive, sim-like driving style that noobs seem to complain about and making it more accessible to the fortnite/rocket league crowd.

Wreckfest is impressive, only needed further support and content/seasons for continuity.

Sooo... GaaS?. Tis the future and I don't mind. Hopefully I don't regret saying that

Wreckfest was great and flat out not so much. Not sure what to make of this annoucement.

God damn I want Motorstorm.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sooo... GaaS?. Tis the future and I don't mind. Hopefully I don't regret saying that

Wreckfest was great and flat out not so much. Not sure what to make of this annoucement.

God damn I want Motorstorm.

Yes, I don't mind GaaS. If you played AC games for example, the free content is insane thanks to the MTX for continued support. The Witcher 3 would've been better with better gear instead of shit outfits they have that look like bloated stomach except like 2-3 at most.

Wreckfest is a bit shit when racing on normal circuits with no wrecking at all.

Also, on wrecking maps, when you just want to crash and wreck, car durability is almost a joke unless you are driving a bus or something like that, and you are like 2 minutes racing, and 5 waiting on the lobby

I hope this game fixes some of those things

Yeah, as much as I actuslly enjoy the game the normal circuits were lame. Get ahead of the pack, drive to the finish. Yawn.

I'll buy anything Bugbear makes. Wreckfest was great and the Flatout series before that was great. The driving dynamic in their games is fun with shit everywhere on the tracks flying around and the crash physics are top-tier. Tons of vehicles to use of all types from combines to a Barbie car.

Especially considering the studio is under 30 people the games are pretty damned polished too.

IY9Tqzy.jpg

EMS08bb.jpg

vNZkt4u.jpg

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I'll buy anything Bugbear makes. Wreckfest was great and the Flatout series before that was great. The driving dynamic in their games is fun with shit everywhere on the tracks flying around and the crash physics are top-tier. Tons of vehicles to use of all types from combines to a Barbie car.

Especially considering the studio is under 30 people the games are pretty damned polished too.

IY9Tqzy.jpg

EMS08bb.jpg

vNZkt4u.jpg
I'm sad I missed the boat on their Ridge Racer game. I remember Gerstmann being positive about it at the time. Bugbear are a legit good studio.

RPSleon

This game deserves the funding to really flesh itself out.

I liked wreckfest but i felt a little bit lacking, flat. Still play it sometimes.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Wreckfest needed more wrecking and less racing. This looks more fun.

fatmarco

So maybe more like Flatout was? Flatout had that whole ejecting your driver out the windscreen and into a bullseye etc.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Source: https://zdobywcygier.eu/wp/2022/05/...y-na-temat-kolejnej-gry-od-tworcow-wreckfest/
Source: Reddit

stuntfest-808x454.jpg

- It's called Stuntfest
- A combination of the FlatOut, Trackmania and Wreckfest series.
- Stunfest draws a lot of inspiration from its predecessors, Wreckfest and the games FlatOut and FlatOut 2.
- Stuntfest will have different types of events.
- Style as in Destruction All-Stars.
- Dynamic content

Details

- The routes in an environment resembling the Grand Canyon in Colorado or the Arizona desert. In addition to the natural surroundings, the maps have various green, yellow and purple decorations, obstacles, balloons and similar things.
- From racing on maps resembling tracks from Trackmania (huge downhill descents and jumps), through destruction derby, to launching our character to the target straight from the FlatOut series. In Stuntfest, in addition to driving a car, we will be able to move our driver, in a similar style as it was in Destruction All-Stars. We will be able to launch ourselves from the vehicle, move freely around the map and summon the vehicle. Our character will be able to use items that are assigned to LT and RT on the controller.
- Driving a car, it is similar to that of the Wreckfest, but it is more dynamic.

While driving the car, we have nitro and a special skill (Ultimate).
One of the special skills is the Glider, which we can use when in the air.
Types of vehicles, the variety is great. We have pickups, buggies, sports cars, regular sedans, you can choose your color. The Wreckfest vehicle damage system also returns to Stuntfest. Vehicles have a health bar and will destroy themselves realistically.

Planned this year , possibly at the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase !

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem
Geez mentioning Destruction AllCrap will actually drive people away, it was a horrible game with an awful aesthetic.

CamHostage

Or... are they?

Stuntfest World Tour, developed by Pow Wow Entertainment for THQ Nordic.

No sign of Bugbear's involvement (...and it doesn't look much like Bugbear's engine.) Seems sort of like a new-generation, arcade-style iteration of the goofy-style crazier stuff from Flatout (including ejection seats) mixed a bit with Fallguys.

Ready, set, eject!​

Stuntfest – World Tour is the sweet adrenaline-kicking mix between racing and extreme sports with an unique aimed ejection mechanism. 18 players compete against each other in an elimination-based Stuntshow through various nerve-wrecking game modes. The goal? To shine on stage and become the winner of the festival.

CarTransition.gif

Characters turn into living projectiles, ejected out of the vehicles and catapulted hundreds of meters through the air. The player maintains control when maneuvering their character while hurtling over vast distances and after crashing through unpredictable obstacles. Up in the air, the player can take advantage of quirky gadgets to reach secret shortcuts and turn the tables at the last second. And the best part: Recover after a high jump and dive back into the next vehicle on the road!

Glide.gif

Need a break from the action? Meet up and fool around in the Stuntfest arena, a vast festival area where you can flex your reflexes and surround yourself with other kindred stunt buddies. Use the pit in the backstage area to upgrade and customize your car or character and become the next champion of the insane Stuntshow tournament!

thebest.gif

Features:​

• A wild selection of the gutsiest competitions - from crash derby to a head-on-head glider race!
  • Shoot for the stars! Eject from the car at the perfect moment to get ahead or for a surprise comeback
  • Compete in the all-new trending extreme action sport. Become the next champion of the insane Stuntshow tournament!
  • From a punkster granny to a famous streamer - choose your favorite character and make it your own through various skins!
  • Customizable and upgradable vehicles - Your favorite is ready to be discovered!
OfTheFest.gif

What are you waiting for?
The show is about to start, see you there!
READ

Last edited:

TVexperto

IY9Tqzy.jpg

EMS08bb.jpg

vNZkt4u.jpg
under 30??? its the best driving game in a long time, better optimized than AAA games and more content as well as the physics are insane

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Or... are they?

Stuntfest World Tour, developed by Pow Wow Entertainment for THQ Nordic.

No sign of Bugbear's involvement (...and it doesn't look much like Bugbear's engine.) Seems sort of like a new-generation, arcade-style iteration of the goofy-style crazier stuff from Flatout (including ejection seats) mixed a bit with Fallguys.

Destruction Allstars should be worried.

Clap Yes GIF by Lucid Games

Top Bottom