• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Again... new US box arts

u_neek

281024b.jpg
220252b.jpg
280978b.jpg
281030b.jpg
210598b.jpg
281035b.jpg

090030b.jpg
210527b.jpg
280988b.jpg
160490b.jpg
281080b.jpg
280952b.jpg

281015b.jpg
220431b.jpg

Some of the cool box arts suffer from "the-ugly-logo-disease"...

BuddyC

just looking at phantom brave makes me want to play disgaea and la pucelle....

..must....write....not...play....

jenov4

From this bunch, the best looking covers are:

Phantom Brave
Armored Core
Paper Mario 2

The worst one is Catwoman. Or maybe it's because we've been seeing the movie marketing blitz for the past month. Ugh..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Armored Core box is awesome looking!

I'm a bit disappointed with The Room boxart, though...but whatever.

I still can't believe Catwoman is actually real, though. It just looks so incredibly terrible that you'd almost think some studio is just playing a big joke on everyone. :\

belgurdo

Banned
Something I've noticed about US covers of games and movies for years: Why do all of them feature heads or people staring at you?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What's this new Armored Core about? I'm still waiting for another big mech fix. VOOT still remains king.

belgurdo said:
Something I've noticed about US covers of games and movies for years: Why do all of them feature heads or people staring at you?

Probably because we are biologically hard-wired to recognize faces. Which means, from a marketing standpoint, a game cover with a face, especially one looking at you, will draw your attention on shelf. And if nearly every game cover is fighting for your attention this way, you would put your own game at a disadvantage if it didn't have a face on the cover.

Of course, if the box actually contains a great game (say GT4) the cover probably doesn't matter so much.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't like the Baten Kaitos boxart at all. Looks like a mess, no real structure, hard to actually make out what it is. Also, I don't like the dark purple haze at all...it somehow reminds me of the typical "poison" color in Japanese RPG's.

Top Bottom