• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires IV - Official Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When urgent news of an enemy threat lands at her door, a Delhi Sultanate commander must outsmart the opposition in a spectacular battle of wits and strategy that will rewrite the pages of history.

Play Age of Empires IV day one with Xbox Game Pass for PC on October 28, 2021.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
excited hell yeah GIF

BlackTron

Yeah that's really weird. In a world where Flight Sim is on console and Halo gets mouse/kb support on Xbox.

Maybe because there really is no controller setup for it and they don't want to promote a game like that on console, but seriously. It's a MS exclusive game that you can't play on Xbox...it's just weird.

I'm a bit sour because I was actually playing with the idea to grab a Series S just to play all the MS stuff with a console experience without switching inputs and settings on my PC...a stop-gap next gen box for GP if you will. Would also help me continue to avoid Windows 10 lol. But I mean if I can't even play AOE on the thing I may as well just keep using my PC for everything...meh.

Reactions: TLZ

reksveks

Maybe because there really is no controller setup for it and they don't want to promote a game like that on console, but seriously. It's a MS exclusive game that you can't play on Xbox...it's just weird.
An Xbox console game has to have controller support for certification so Aoe4 would be breaking that rule.

I am personally okay with that rule but admittedly I have a PC

BlackTron

An Xbox console game has to have controller support for certification so Aoe4 would be breaking that rule.

I am personally okay with that rule but admittedly I have a PC

I would be fine if your PC license let you run it on the console at least. MS seems to have this "it just works" philosophy about gaming on different devices, except for when it doesn't.

reksveks

I would be fine if your PC license let you run it on the console at least. MS seems to have this "it just works" philosophy about gaming on different devices, except for when it doesn't.
If it comes to xbox aka they implement a xbox controller control scheme, I was going to say that I am going 90% confident it's going to be a playanywhere title.

Just checked the flight sim is a playanywhere title.

Last edited:

BlackTron

If it comes to xbox aka they implement a xbox controller control scheme, I was going to say that I am going 90% confident it's going to be a playanywhere title.

Just checked the flight sim is a playanywhere title.

Makes sense. It's still weird to me that you can't play this game on an Xbox, as a MS IP. Imagine Sony making a new RTS game for PC with no way to run it on a Playstation. HUH?

elliot5

I'm convinced AOE4 will come to console eventually (even if it means KBM requirements) because the recommended/ideal specs are similar to an XSX. Just like Halo Infinite on PC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

How do you celebrate the dawning of a new age of a globally beloved game franchise? Ring the town bell? Visit the blacksmith for some upgrades? How about book a castle, build a giant fully functional trebuchet, and use it to fling a load of assorted items for a smashing good time. Add former World’s Strongest Man and star of Game of Thrones Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson AKA ‘The Mountain’ for good measure and we’re calling it a party!

We’re bringing Charleyy from the Xbox On team to host our medieval madness and we’ve also brought Tod’s Workshop, creator of incredible historical reproduction weapons and artifacts, on board to create our classic siege weapon. Our treb stands 18 feet tall with a launching arm weighing 500kg and a range of 200 feet. Phwoar!

Not to be outdone, our monumental special guest The Mountain, who comes in at an impressive 6 feet 9 inches, will compete with Tod’s treb to see if man can beat machine. We’ll be firing armor, a sheep (pinata-form only, no animals will be harmed!).

Age streamer MangoMel is joining to share her best tips for a victory for the ages (trebuchets included)! See all the drama unfold with some explosive fun, all against the backdrop of the historic Berkeley Castle, located in the heart of the UK.

Age of Empires IV is coming day one to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Windows 11, Steam and Microsoft Store on October 28. Happy trebbing! (And remember, if you can’t build a trebuchet of your own, you can always convert one, Wololo!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom