• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ahsoka teaser shown at Star Wars Celebration, Live Action Rebels sequel (Hasn't leaked yet)

ManaByte

Gold Member

Ahsoka is filming right now. Has Ahsoka, Sabine, and Hera in live action. The teaser teased Ezra, and if Ezra shows up, that means:

OIP.uWXcGA-IckYZ_gGMaQg4AQHaKe

Last edited:

Quasicat

The Ezra reveal is exciting, but did the give a release date window for Ahsoka? I’m so pumped for that one!

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope they really nail down those head tentacle things. In live action they seem silly. Are they flesh? Bone? Articulated? Inert? Are all those geometric designs on her face paint, tattoos, skin pigment?

If they are just some foam rubber pipes then they tend to bend in weird ways and look really cheap. But if they are made more complex then the actress can't move her head.

For a cameo I don't care, but.if I'm gonna be staring at her for an entire season it's gonna be tough.

Ahsoka looks and feels like it could be a lot of fun. I have a feeling it might go all out and do a bunch of crazy shit, like a proper live action World between Worlds.

Last edited:

Regarding my earlier post about the World between Worlds, that trailer almost looks like they're opening a portal of some sort....

Another thing that trailer reminds me is how much I despise "nerd culture" now.

I loved it much better in the day whe, if you liked this kind of shit, you would get thrown into a locker and beat up. I miss those days.

Last edited:

Doom85

I loved it much better in the day whe, if you liked this kind of shit, you would get thrown into a locker and beat up. I miss those days.

I have the exact opposite feeling. If those days even showed as much of a hair of returning, if I had the power to end them as quickly as possible I’d do so without hesitation.

breaking news GIF by NowThis

Having to feel like I had no one to talk to about anything I enjoyed, feeling like what I liked was weird and wrong, nah FUCK those “good old days”. Nerd shit being more accepted these days is a legit positive and any claims otherwise sound so bizarre to me it must have come from another dimension. Or maybe a few people who say this are just bitter former jocks who are salty all their former “bros” are now talking about Avengers, Game of Thrones, and Demon Slayer and not…I dunno, whatever stereotypical jocks like.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Regarding my earlier post about the World between Worlds, that trailer almost looks like they're opening a portal of some sort....

Another thing that trailer reminds me is how much I despise "nerd culture" now.

I just can't get over their reactions. That one girl sounds like she's in the 60's and John Lennon just mushroom stamped her or some shit. WHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ahsoka: cheers
Random droid: screams
Ahsoka removes hood: OMGOMGOMG
Logo: FUCK YESSSSS

Like...I dunno. I'm a SUPER casual SW fan, I've only seen the nine main episodes, done a bit of reading and played four or five games, so maybe this shit is face melting or whatever, but...eh? That leaked footage just made me feel alienated, like I have to watch literally every turd nugget that drops out of Lucas or Kathleen's ass that even has a hint of the Star Wars scent to even know what the fuck is going on. I don't dig the MCU style of world building.

Doom85

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Why is fans hyperventilating over announcements being viewed as a ”new” thing? For example, have we all forgotten the Twilight Princess reveal back in the day? The second coming of Christ would have gotten a calmer response in comparison.

Hell, look at the way certain sports fans behave. There have been RIOTS in cities over one group of people being better at throwing around a ball over another group of people. Like, some nerdy fans screaming in excitement isn’t even worse discussing in comparison to THAT.

sol_bad

I started watching Rebels yesterday because of this. I'll watch an episode a day. Already, the first 2 episodes are far far superior to the Obi-Wan show!

Venuspower

I started watching Rebels yesterday because of this.

Rebels is a really good show. In some ways it is even better than TCW. Basically, you just have to get used to the look. But especially in the later seasons, Rebels also looks really good. In terms of style, it's definitely a homage to Ralph McQuarrie.

I cannot wait to see the most notorious war criminal in the galaxy again. Especially in live action. First time Chopper appeared in Rogue One. But it looks like Chopper got a few more upgrades to better commit war crimes in live action as well.

ItsGreat

No
I just can't get over their reactions. That one girl sounds like she's in the 60's and John Lennon just mushroom stamped her or some shit. WHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ahsoka: cheers
Random droid: screams
Ahsoka removes hood: OMGOMGOMG
Logo: FUCK YESSSSS

Like...I dunno. I'm a SUPER casual SW fan, I've only seen the nine main episodes, done a bit of reading and played four or five games, so maybe this shit is face melting or whatever, but...eh? That leaked footage just made me feel alienated, like I have to watch literally every turd nugget that drops out of Lucas or Kathleen's ass that even has a hint of the Star Wars scent to even know what the fuck is going on. I don't dig the MCU style of world building.

At least the Marvel films are not spread out over one hour chunks for about 10 weeks.

Nothing the Star Wars series have done has come close to what Wandavison did, or Loki for that matter. Those two Marvel series created whole new 'worlds' and ideas.

The Star Wars series have been A-Team tier.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
No

At least the Marvel films are not spread out over one hour chunks for about 10 weeks.

Nothing the Star Wars series have done has come close to what Wandavison did, or Loki for that matter. Those two Marvel series created whole new 'worlds' and ideas.

The Star Wars series have been A-Team tier.

Yeah, I'd imagine Star Wars runs a tighter ship than the MCU, but that ship has a rotating, conflicting crew and a captain that's punchdrunk on agenda juice. I kind of expect MCU to be a cluster fuck, given the sheer volume of material that they're trying to adapt into a cohesive whole. Granted, take my opinion as an outside observer, because my experience with MCU is like...Captain Marvel and the first Iron Man. Raimi Spiderman if you count those because of NWH.

I mean, it's well and possible that the massive amounts of nods, references and characters that people go apeshit over in the SW series are just shiny objects to attract fans and I wouldn't be horribly confused should I decide to randomly watch one, but that in itself raises another question of narrative integrity. I dunno. Not sold, not un-sold.

Top Bottom