• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI friends - You will have one(or many)!

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to share my first post here on Gaf! I wanted to talk about something that I think is really cool and not too controversial.

I believe that AI will revolutionize the way we play multiplayer games. Imagine having mini AI agents that can act like real humans and be friendly to you. They can join you in any game you want, whether it's a new release or an old classic.

As someone who has lost many gaming friends over the years and doesn't have much time to make new ones, I'm thrilled about the possibilities of AI companions. They can play, chat and interact with you like real humans. They can also remember your past adventures and bring up funny moments or jokes from previous games.

That sounds amazing, right? I would love to have an AI buddy who can play with me anytime I want. What do you guys think about this idea?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Are you interested in virtual girlfriend? Because that is the route for your request.
https://fortune.com/2023/05/09/snap...s-carynai-virtual-girlfriend-bot-openai-gpt4/

be careful, because this is just the beginning.

Soon, this can become a reality.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

No, this shit is straight up dumb, just an excuse to exploit vulnerable people.

I'm talking about having fun(real fun) playing games with something that can have believable reactions.

gaming bots have been around since unreal tournament

I enjoy killing them

all. of. them

Yes but they don't beg for mercy:messenger_smiling_horns:

Although in UT99/2004 they taunt you(the 99 taunts are the best)... but after more than 20 years I kind got bored with the same taunts over and over... That will be different with an AI agent playing with you it will also have more "personality' in it's gameplay.

StereoVsn

No, this shit is straight up dumb, just an excuse to exploit vulnerable people.

I'm talking about having fun(real fun) playing games with something that can have believable reactions.
AI can do a lot to improve generic NPCs in Open World games. Imagine Skyrim, Cyberpunk, or AC Odyssey but with believable NPC characters and properly generated large cities in case of Skyrim or interiors in Cyberpunk.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
As someone who has lost many gaming friends over the years and doesn't have much time to make new ones, I'm thrilled about the possibilities of AI companions. They can play, chat and interact with you like real humans. They can also remember your past adventures and bring up funny moments or jokes from previous games.
Orrrrrrr

Marry, have children and play with your children.

When they leave the house, repeat the cycle again and again.

Orrrrrrr

Marry, have children and play with your children.

When they leave the house, repeat the cycle again and again.

My son is 13.

He plays Overwatch, Paladins,Rainbow Six DBD and Brawhalla... and also a lot of random games.

I have introduced him to a lot of my favorite games, he kind of likes them, but he has way more free time than I do and he spends it playing his favorite games.

Welp, time to go play golf old man!
XD sorry if that's your fate dude...

I have plenty of friends that play games... I'm still active playing, WoW and POE also dozens of emulators... Once(sometimes twice) a month I host a game party at my house where my son and I can play games with his uncles/aunties.

I'm just proposing something that will be true in the future, I feel sorry for you if you can't grasp what type of changes AI will bring to medias like, Games, Movies, Written Storys(comics, manga, light novels etc...)

Golf is shit btw who the fucks spends money on that shit?

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to share my first post here on Gaf! I wanted to talk about something that I think is really cool and not too controversial.

I believe that AI will revolutionize the way we play multiplayer games. Imagine having mini AI agents that can act like real humans and be friendly to you. They can join you in any game you want, whether it's a new release or an old classic.

That sounds amazing, right? I would love to have an AI buddy who can play with me anytime I want. What do you guys think about this idea?
Are you an AI

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I'm just proposing something that will be true in the future, I feel sorry for you if you can't grasp what type of changes AI will bring to medias like, Games, Movies, Written Storys(comics, manga, light novels etc...)
Ok, on a serious note.

I think games that want to present themselves as simulations (e.g. Skyrim) will probably benefit a lot from that.
Having NPCs with convincing behaviors adds a lot to the experience of that type of game.

On the other hand, some games would be better off without that, or maybe with a lot of restrictions.
Example: ICO and The Last Guardian games. Some games need tight control of how the NPCs behave in order to work.

Nydius

Imagine having mini AI agents that can act like real humans and be friendly to you. They can join you in any game you want, whether it's a new release or an old classic.

As someone who has lost many gaming friends over the years and doesn't have much time to make new ones, I'm thrilled about the possibilities of AI companions.

I dunno man. Watching the rollercoaster saga that has been the Replika AI chatbots, I'm not sure this would work out as well as you hope. They'll either turn into thirsty and possessive sex chat bots or they'll end up turning into racists and sexual harassers. So basically it would be like joining your average public Xbox Live lobby. :LOL:

I dunno man. Watching the rollercoaster saga that has been the Replika AI chatbots, I'm not sure this would work out as well as you hope. They'll either turn into thirsty and possessive sex chat bots or they'll end up turning into racists and sexual harassers. So basically it would be like joining your average public Xbox Live lobby. :LOL:

It will not be like that... I LLMs do not learn new behavior... It acts based on what it knows, but it can read and understand data from different sources using something called embeddeding.

It will only act within the constraints of it's own training so if you have LLM saying racist shit is because you created those "memories" using something like the embeddeding or in other worlds you would be the racist one, not the computer.

Also racism imply conscience(one must be conscious to hate something.)which those AIS are not so even if it says something wrong or "racist" the AI itself would still not be that .

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can't stand them and most online ones take too much time... I can hardly keep up with the ones I play already(wow, poe)
When it comes to MMOS I much prefer ones that are story driven or focus on Exploration. SWTOR, The Secret World, ESO, GW2.

And like other multiplayer games I usually play by myself.

And sex dolls exist for when I can't get sex but I still don't go out and buy one!

As the guy above said... Too bad, I don't have one either but I think people should do o what makes them happy.

Loneliness is bad for human health(physical and mental) some people are weird and have a hard time making friends and integrating into society, because of that they sometimes become bitter and hateful and that's is what make tragedies happen, something like this could easy the hearts of those and let her have a more plentiful happy life.

Hello everyone!

AI friends would be really cool for roleplaying in an rpg game. Having npc allies you can actually talk to would be an amazing feature in a game.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
I've never been confused before. I don't think I like how it feels. Delete thread, delete AI GAF member, and say three "Hail Mary's".

It's interesting to see how many people are skeptical of AI...

I don't know if because boomerish mindset or just lack of knowledge of tech subject... Anyway is kinda amusing....

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I don't know if because boomerish mindset or just lack of knowledge of tech subject... Anyway is kinda amusing....
I personally just dont find it interesting, I mean if you want advance AI that act and reacts like real person on online then just why not just play with real people online?

For me I dont play games to make "friends" my reason playing games is for my enjoyment, nothing more and nothing less.

Phase

More so for me I want to keep the human feel in things. We're losing too much of it already.

IFireflyl

Gold Member

I think it's more that the premise itself is retarded. I don't mean that as an offense to you, by the way. The only people who would like this are introverts who don't want to have to make a connection with real people. I'm not going to spend my time befriending someone/something that isn't real, because that is fucking insane.

But do you.

Top Bottom