• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI friends - You will have one(or many)!

I personally just dont find it interesting, I mean if you want advance AI that act and reacts like real person on online then just why not just play with real people online?

For me I dont play games to make "friends" my reason playing games is for my enjoyment, nothing more and nothing less.

But it's not that way for a lot of people.

I have very few friends and most of them are married like me and have a busy life so they generally only play a handful of games on their spare time(just like I do, but gamming is my main hobby so I play whenever I can) and because of that they usually are not really that open to play/experiment different games.

A example I have is I just found this gem of a game called Unrailed I played with my son and wife and generally we play it as well when we host gamming nights with other family members... It's very fun, but my son have his favorite games and my wife it's not really a gamer she just go along...

The online in the game is not very good(lag) and don't have a lot of players, it has a bot(very cool one) that helps you and emotes to signalize things and I found it quite amazing and that made me wonder how in the future we could have that but up to 100... A bot that can play, chat and be a very cool game partner Yes I would love to have that.

Also I'm in the tech industry and I ready and learn about AI all day long hahahah so I'm kind of hyped for all of this.

I think it's more that the premise itself is retarded. I don't mean that as an offense to you, by the way. The only people who would like this are introverts who don't want to have to make a connection with real people. I'm not going to spend my time befriending someone/something that isn't real, because that is fucking insane.

But do you.
Dude what's fucking insane is how limited some peoples brains are...

You're RIGHT NOW talking to TEXT PEOPLE... you never saw any of us, you don't know where we live, you do not even know if people here are real and yet you spend time here interacting with those very text people.

Hades sake...

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Dude what's fucking insane is how limited some peoples brains are...

You're RIGHT NOW talking to TEXT PEOPLE... you never saw any of us, you don't know where we live, you do not even know if people here are real and yet you spend time interacting with those people.

Hades sake...

My brain isn't limited you fucking twat. This post right here shows just how delusional you are.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But it's not that way for a lot of people.

I have very few friends and most of them are married like me and have a busy life so they generally only play a handful of games on their spare time(just like I do, but gamming is my main hobby so I play whenever I can) and because of that they usually are not really that open to play/experiment different games.

A example I have is I just found this gem of a game called Unrailed I played with my son and wife and generally we play it as well when we host gamming nights with other family members... It's very fun, but my son have his favorite games and my wife it's not really a gamer she just go along...

The online in the game is not very good(lag) and don't have a lot of players, it has a bot(very cool one) that helps you and emotes to signalize things and I found it quite amazing and that made me wonder how in the future we could have that but up to 100... A bot that can play, chat and be a very cool game partner Yes I would love to have that.

Also I'm in the tech industry and I ready and learn about AI all day long hahahah so I'm kind of hyped for all of this.
But here is the thing, people who are in to online gaming because they like playing with real people, if not then what’s point of online gaming?

But here is the thing, people who are in to online gaming because they like playing with real people, if not then what’s point of online gaming?

It depends of the game...

In WoW we have 2 types of end game, Raids and Mythic plus... Mythic plus only requires 5 people so is very popular, it doesn't have a matchmaking system so people have to form party themselves... Because of that you think "Whoaa great opportunity to meet people and discuss strategies right?" the answer is no, the game have a tab where you can list your group it says what function is missing(tank 1, healer 1, dps 3), you click on the group the party leader see your request and see your rank and gear level(a number that shows how powerful your equipment is), generally they invite the people with higher gear level It does not matter your experience, skill level or anything else... People go to the dungeon do the dungeon(or fail because at higher levels is kind hard) and after they just leave the party and don't say a fucking word most of the time.

The game is a "MMO" but there are very few ways to interact with other players, people are always clicking in queues and looking at artificial indicators(the numbers I talked about) of your commitment to the game.

I do not play shit royale games but I've seem streams and people also just queue, play a little bit die and queue again, there are very few "human to human" interactions... people most of the time just shot the other characters without ever noticing if they were real or bots.

What games do you play that allow you to make real connections with people, I'm not talking about shooting at characters in a rush or going into dungeons to mash buttons.

Griffon

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to share my first post here on Gaf! I wanted to talk about something that I think is really cool and not too controversial.

I believe that AI will revolutionize the way we play multiplayer games. Imagine having mini AI agents that can act like real humans and be friendly to you. They can join you in any game you want, whether it's a new release or an old classic.

As someone who has lost many gaming friends over the years and doesn't have much time to make new ones, I'm thrilled about the possibilities of AI companions. They can play, chat and interact with you like real humans. They can also remember your past adventures and bring up funny moments or jokes from previous games.

That sounds amazing, right? I would love to have an AI buddy who can play with me anytime I want. What do you guys think about this idea?

Yup I'm all for it. Give me the perfect AI friends (and girlfriends), real humans are scary as fuck and I just don't want to stress out by getting yelled at or insulted during my leisure time.

I mean, fuck, I play online games all the time, and I barely interact with any teammate. There's no friendships being made here.

I hate everyone, including fake AI people. Fuck you.
I've put your response on the chat gpt and here's it's answer.

There are many valid reasons why people may be skeptical or hesitant about AI. Some may worry about the potential impact of AI on the job market, while others may be concerned about privacy and security. It's important to acknowledge these concerns and to work towards addressing them in a responsible and transparent manner.

At the same time, it's important to recognize that AI has the potential to bring about significant benefits in fields such as healthcare, transportation, and education. AI can help us to analyze large amounts of data, automate repetitive tasks, and even develop new medicines and treatments.

Ultimately, the key is to approach AI with a balanced and informed perspective. We should strive to understand the potential benefits and risks of AI and work to ensure that it is developed and deployed in a responsible and ethical manner. By doing so, we can help to unlock the full potential of this powerful technology while minimizing its potential downsides.

:messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom