• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akitoshi Kawazu on SaGa Frontier 2 Remastered: ‘You won’t be disappointed if you wait’

SaGa-Frontier-2-Tease_04-02-24-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

SaGa series creator Akitoshi Kawazu has teased a remastered version of SaGa Frontier 2.

Kawazu appeared in a video message during the 40th official Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe broadcast on April 1 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of SaGa Frontier 2‘s release with new content for the mobile game, and while he was clear that this was not a remaster announcement, he did tease one is coming.

“However, this is not a remaster announcement, so please wait a little longer for that,” Kawazu said. “Honestly though, you won’t be disappointed if you wait, so you can rest assured. Please be patient.”

Back in October 2023, Saga Frontier 2 character designer Tomomi Kobayashi mentioned a SaGa Frontier 2 re-release in 2024 in a blog post—although that mention was eventually removed.

Thanks, Famitsu.

kunonabi

I hope this happens but I dont have it in me to play it again just to end up at a glitched out final boss that I won't be able to kill.

Shifty1897

My favorite SaGa game. That Hamauzu music with interweaving motifs, those watercolor painting backgrounds. I remember reading lore in the instruction manual where one of the types of magic (tone) was newly discovered in the world and therefore did not have a lot of practical use yet and thinking that was a cool touch.
I could never beat the final boss, I tried grinding for a dozen hours only to find out online it scales to (and over) your level.

kunonabi

My favorite SaGa game. That Hamauzu music with interweaving motifs, those watercolor painting backgrounds. I remember reading lore in the instruction manual where one of the types of magic (tone) was newly discovered in the world and therefore did not have a lot of practical use yet and thinking that was a cool touch.
I could never beat the final boss, I tried grinding for a dozen hours only to find out online it scales to (and over) your level.
It's weird I was under leveled when I fought him but despite killing a couple of the sub bosses that are supposed to lower his health I would do 2 million damage over his highest potential max health and he still wouldn't go down. It's the only time I ever gave up and just gamesharked my way through.

Top Bottom