• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 is coming October 17, 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member
Alan Wake 2 has finally resurfaced, showing up during the PlayStation Showcase with a new trailer tied to a release date reveal. Remedy's darkest project yet will launch on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via the Epic Games Store on October 17, 2023.

The trailer introduces the story in such a way that seems to serve both returning players and new fans. After all, it's been 13 years since the original game launched. In it, we see some of Bright Falls' would-be charming vistas and flashes of ritualistic murder all accompanied by the classic Wake narration, pulling players into its unnerving world. Remedy has said the sequel shifts the series into full-on survival-horror, and it sure looks like it.

Curiously, it looks as though the game features a second playable character, an apparent FBI agent who can be seen as the star of some gameplay snippets in the trailer. Of course, Alan is still playable, as the trailer also highlights his own gameplay moments. Perhaps we'll learn more about this additional character soon.
  • The Game is an Epic Exclusive on PC
  • The game wont haver a physical release

Alan Wake 2 Pre-Order Bonus​

If you pre-order Alan Wake 2, you’ll receive an Ornate Revolver Skin for Alan and a Survival Resources Pack for Saga.

Alan Wake 2 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-Order Bonus
Since there are two playable characters in the sequel, you’ll receive a weapon skin for Alan’s revolver, and a survival resources pack for Saga, who is the second character. This is a neat little bonus, and the second part should come in handy during early gameplay encounters.

Pre-Order Alan Wake 2​

You can now pre-order Alan Wake 2 from the following links.

As of writing, the title isn’t up for PS5 and Xbox Series S|X yet.

Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition​

In addition to the Standard Edition, there’s also a deluxe edition as well, which contains the following additional content.

• Digital base game
  • Expansion Pass
    • Night Springs Expansion (additional story content)**
    • Lake House Expansion (additional story content)**
    • Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga
  • Crimson Windbreaker for Saga
  • Celebrity Suit for Alan
  • Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan
  • Lantern Charm for Saga***
Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition
Deluxe Edition

Fw7H83DWwAMnxKJ
Fw7MUASaYAEfQng.png

Fw66a-7aIAA9DCl
Fw66gCmagAA25j7

Fw66mFvaQAAkXZS
Fw66pr3acAAE5-x

Last edited:
I hope it really is more survival-horror like, as they claimed when the first trailer dropped. It’s looks cool so far. Don’t mind playing as a new protagonist either as I think it works with the setting really well. Makes sense to play as newer character who doesn’t know what’s going on yet.

SaintALia

"The Game is an Epic Exclusive on PC"

Aww fuck....I still haven't bought anything on that store yet...Maybe this'll get me on

YCoCg

Wow, an Alan Wake game where you don’t play as Alan Wake.
yeah , i bet half the game you will pay as the black woman
My thoughts exactly, what is this lmao
Alan Wake game but you play as a black woman...cmon developers, when will the catering stop?

I have no issue with this but sadly I fear this will affect how well the game does, having a black woman as the protagonist hasn't gone well for previous games so far and a lot of people will use that to hate on this despite Remedy having a great track record.

Kikorin

Is Remedy, so masterpiece confirmed for me. Looks awesome, I love everything about this trailer and I love that Sam Lake is in the game as "himself", is like having the original Max Payne again.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/24/alan-wake-2-launches-on-ps5-october-17/

The game begins with Anderson coming to investigate the murders in Bright Falls with her veteran fellow agent Alex Casey. After certain events have transpired, fans can play Wake and Anderson’s respective stories in any order they choose. Their journeys echo and foreshadow each other, in this intense atmospheric story, taking players on two separate dark and disturbing paths. We are excited to allow players to decide how to experience the story of Alan Wake 2.

FireFly

Wow, an Alan Wake game where you don’t play as Alan Wake.
Alan Wake 1 ending spoiler:
Alan Wake was trapped in the Dark Place at the end of the first game

I think it is actually pretty interesting for the main character to be "missing", if that's the route they go down.

Last edited:

Sacred

The trailer introduces the story in such a way that seems to serve both returning players and new fans. After all, it's been 13 years since the original game launched. In it, we see some of Bright Falls' would-be charming vistas and flashes of ritualistic murder all accompanied by the classic Wake narration, pulling players into its unnerving world. Remedy has said the sequel shifts the series into full-on survival-horror, and it sure looks like it.

Curiously, it looks as though the game features a second playable character, an apparent FBI agent who can be seen as the star of some gameplay snippets in the trailer. Of course, Alan is still playable, as the trailer also highlights his own gameplay moments. Perhaps we'll learn more about this additional character soon.
  • The Game is an Epic Exclusive on PC

Fw66a-7aIAA9DCl
Fw66gCmagAA25j7

Fw66mFvaQAAkXZS
Fw66pr3acAAE5-x

Will definitely get this on the Series X. Was honestly game of the show for me.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The game begins with Anderson coming to investigate the murders in Bright Falls with her veteran fellow agent Alex Casey. After certain events have transpired, fans can play Wake and Anderson’s respective stories in any order they choose. Their journeys echo and foreshadow each other, in this intense atmospheric story, taking players on two separate dark and disturbing paths. We are excited to allow players to decide how to experience the story of Alan Wake 2.
TLoU 2 should've given that choice with Abby. ;)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So it's confirmed you play as the FBI Agent first and then Alan Wake later, hopefully this will stop people from calling the game "woke".
From what I understand you start as her and after reaching a certain point of the story you can start choosing between her and Alan's chapters. So if there's the same number of chapters for both protagonists you'll play her for the majority of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom