• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 is coming October 17, 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

So playing as Wake or Anderson are 2 separate stories, but you can switch whenever you like and the stories 'complete' each other is what I get from that blog post.

I think seeing this it's about time for me to go dark on this. Seen enough.

UnNamed

Banned
Is AW in the "same universe" as QB and Control with some hints in Max Paine right? Because I would like to see game based on the complete universe.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Seeing in other places people want to boycott this game because of the black woman character, seems people can't read that you do play as Alan Wake but they're angry he's not the only playable character and that Remedy is forcing a "woke" character into the spotlight.

I really hope this doesn't affect the game, anti-woke misinformation is rampant these days.

MaKTaiL

It's funny that on the FAQ they state that you don't need to have played Alan Wake 1 but playing Control is definitely recommended. It seems they are pushing hard on the Alan Wake/Control universe which is great. I loved Control.

Reactions: Isa

Zuzu

Hey everyone if you plan on playing Alan Wake 2 and you haven't tried out Control then you might want to play through Control first because Control intersects with the Alan Wake universe in a way you might find interesting :messenger_smiling:

Reactions: Isa

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
image.png

Alan has gone through some shit in the last 13 years.
So is Saga a character Alan created/wrote in one of his stories?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So is Saga a character Alan created/wrote in one of his stories

The character made a very brief appearance in quantum break in one of the small FMV videos you can see, it was played by a different actress there.

But yeah, she appears in the same FMV where Alan is teased, so it's very likely that Alan wrote her to come to Bright falls.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
And it goes to Epig Exclusivity. Off to "ignore list" and "wait 1 year" lists it goes.

Epic is publishing, so likely only when the game pays back the investment will Remedy be able to self publish on Steam.
So you kinda need people to buy this before you get a Steam release.

P.S: Day 1 in Remedy we trust.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hey everyone if you plan on playing Alan Wake 2 and you haven't tried out Control then you might want to play through Control first because Control intersects with the Alan Wake universe in a way you might find interesting :messenger_smiling:

Oh this is very interesting.......

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If you’re interested in playing it you’ll need a version of Control with the AWE expansion pack. Control Ultimate Edition includes that expansion pack and the other expansion pack.

Can I buy the expansion pack separately?

Normally I would not be that interested in this game but I really do want to see how it ties in with Control, which from what I heard it will.

Top Bottom