• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 is coming October 17, 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

02rtej6.jpg

The Digital Deluxe Edition contains:

Expansion Pass:
  • Night Springs Expansion (additional story content)
  • Lake House Expansion (additional story content)
  • Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga
  • Crimson Windbreaker for Saga
  • Celebrity Suit for Alan
  • Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan
  • Lantern Charm for Saga

Bartski

Gold Member
easily game of the show, would be an instant preorder if I wasn't traveling most of October. Looks fantastic.

Banned
I love that they put Max Payne Alex Casey in this... at least I assume that that's supposed to be Alex Casey given the look and voice actor

Last edited:
I don't know... I'm a huge Remedy fan and got excited seeing Sam in it, but...it looks so... I don't know. It doesn't carry the same haunting tone of the original, and the graphics look a bit...dated. Is it me, or does Quantum Break look better than Alan Wake II?

I'm sure the story is going to be epic though, as is always the case with Sam's writing.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
so Alan isn't actually playable, that's interesting

seems like Agent Anderson is the playable protagonist while Alan is still obviously the central, most important/titular character?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
is it a split campaign between him and Anderson?
I'm guessing same way some RE games you play as multiple characters though out the story.

Edit: Also nice to see we getting more creepy looking enemies instead of just normal people and objects covered in shadow like in original game.
DhEEcYa.png

Last edited:
This actually kills my hype a bit. Digital only and there's no Steam version. You either fully commit to a digital PS5 version which you can't sell later, or you support Epic's dogshit storefront. What a choice...
So not having a physical version kills hype for a video game? Not having a physical version someohow degrades gameplay or changes the mechanics of the game or makes the visuals looks worse? This has to be a joke right?

And you giving money to Epic somehow makes the game worse?

Wow.

Last edited:

Killer8

So not having a physical version kills hype for a video game? Not having a physical version someohow degrades gameplay or changes the mechanics of the game or makes the visuals looks worse? This has to be a joke right?

Where did I say anything about it degrading gameplay or visuals?

I buy everything physical where I can on PS5. If I was to buy a game on PC, where physical all but doesn't exist any more, it needs to be on Steam at the very least. A huge number of people hold that viewpoint.

I said a couple of posts above that it was the best game at the show. But as a consumer, the game is not going to be available in either of the avenues that I usually buy games.

Of course that's going to affect hype.

And you giving money to Epic somehow makes the game worse?

Wow.

When you put it that way:

iQ6LDZN.png

Fuck Epic Games and fuck their Chinese money.

Last edited:

mrMUR_96

so Alan isn't actually playable, that's interesting

seems like Agent Anderson is the playable protagonist while Alan is still obviously the central, most important/titular character?
You literally see gameplay where you play as Alan. Probably split 50/50.

Where did I say anything about it degrading gameplay or visuals?

I buy everything physical where I can on PS5. If I was to buy a game on PC, where physical all but doesn't exist any more, it needs to be on Steam at the very least. A huge number of people hold that viewpoint.

I said a couple of posts above that it was the best game at the show. But as a consumer, the game is not going to be available in either of the avenues that I usually buy games.

Of course that's going to affect hype.

When you put it that way:

iQ6LDZN.png

Fuck Epic Games and fuck their Chinese money.
So hype is deflated because it's only available in a certain store and missing a physical release? And why do you give a shit if Epic Games gets or doesn't get money? How does that affect you and your enjoyment of the game? THE GAME IS STILL THE SAME regardless of where its available and who gives the money to Epic. LOL. No offense, but this is some amusing mental gymnastics. The fact that you let a company dictate your enjoyment of a game is kind of insane.

Last edited:

Killer8

So hype is deflated because it's only available in a certain store and missing a physical release? And why do you give a shit if Epic Games gets or doesn't get money? How does that affect you and your enjoyment of the game? THE GAME IS STILL THE SAME regardless of where its available and who gives the money to Epic. LOL. No offense, but this is some amusing mental gymnastics. The fact that you let a company dictate your enjoyment of a game is kind of insane.

You do realize that people have boycotted doing business with companies they don't like for decades, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Xbox pre order page has details about the story

Description​

A string of ritualistic murders threatens Bright Falls, a small-town community surrounded by Pacific Northwest wilderness. Saga Anderson, an accomplished FBI agent with a reputation for solving impossible cases arrives to investigate the murders. Anderson’s case spirals into a nightmare when she discovers pages of a horror story that starts to come true around her. Alan Wake, a lost writer trapped in a nightmare beyond our world, writes a dark story in an attempt to shape the reality around him and escape his prison. With a dark horror hunting him, Wake is trying to retain his sanity and beat the devil at his own game. Anderson and Wake are two heroes on two desperate journeys in two separate realities, connected at heart in ways neither of them can understand: reflecting each other, echoing each other, and affecting the worlds around them. Fueled by the horror story, supernatural darkness invades Bright Falls, corrupting the locals and threatening the loved ones of both Anderson and Wake. Light is their weapon—and their safe haven — against the darkness they face. Trapped in a sinister horror story where there are only victims and monsters, can they break out to be the heroes they need to be? Solve a Deadly Mystery

Weird that they're calling the FBI, not FBC.

I thought Control would have more influence on this game.

Graphics look great, worried about the scale of the game, as it’s digital only, surly if this is a full fledged AAA game, they are going to miss out on a large number of sales, going digital only.

Last edited:
You do realize that people have boycotted doing business with companies they don't like for decades, right?
Yes, which is very dumb at the end of the day. It accomplishes nothing and the companies still get money from others. I had a friend who refused to pay an extra $10 dollars or something to get a PS5 at Walmart because he did not want them to have the extra $10 when he could have finally had the PS5 during the shortage. It's just childish and silly and the whole "it's the principle" excuse doesn't make sense to me imo.

The person boycotting is the one who ends up suffering in the end anyways. Look at what happened with Hogwarts Legacy, what a great boycott that was for them. Sure damaged their finances!

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Both Xbox and PS versions of Alan Wake 1 Remastered (incl. DLC episodes) are currently on sale for only $12.

Excellent price to jump in for new folks who saw and liked this trailer.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Xbox pre order page has details about the story

Description​

Weird that they're calling the FBI, not FBC.

I thought Control would have more influence on this game.

If Alan is the one influencing the outside world with his writing it makes sense, he wouldn't really know about the FBC so he'd write in that someone from the FBI comes down to investigate.

Top Bottom