• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Is Set To Release Next Year, Control Sequel Or Max Payne Remake By 2025

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
images

In its latest financial results report, Remedy Entertainment provided brief updates on several games under development at the independent studio. While CrossfireX continues to be supported by a "dedicated" team according to CEO Tero Virtala, Remedy is currently working on Alan Wake 2, remakes of the first two Max Payne games, Vanguard, and Control spin-offs. Out of all these games, Alan Wake 2 appears to be the closest, currently on track to release in 2023.

"Alan Wake 2 is in the full production stage," Virtala said during the briefing. "A lot of work remains, but the game is starting to take a more complete form in many areas. As communicated earlier, Alan Wake 2 will be released in 2023."

Codename Vanguard, a free-to-play cooperative game, is currently being co-developed in cooperation with Tencent and is making "good progress", while the Max Payne remakes and Control spin-offs are currently in proof-of-concept stages of development. These games are likely to release by 2025, as Remedy is aiming for major game launches between 2023 and 2025.

Virtala added that the Northlight game engine--which was used for Quantum Break and Control--has a team working on further developing the software for Remedy's current and future projects.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I played the hell out of Control on PC Gamepass and enjoyed the Ray Tracing. However, I was driven batshit crazy by the constant crashes.

Daytonabot

Banned
I couldn't care less if they're going to be Epic exclusives. I hear Remedy is reaping what the sowed with the remake royalties.

Fbh

Nice, that's actually sooner than I expected

Hopefully remedy improves the gameplay in Alan wake. The whole flashlight/gun combo got old pretty fast. Give me something more akin to control!

While I agree, Remedy already said this will be their first proper survival horror game. So I expect we will see some substantial changes to gameplay anyway

Wulfer

I love Remedy and Alan Wake most of all but, there's no way Alan Wake II ships in 2023. It's either going to be a rushed job or it'll be delayed. It took this studio 5 years to complete the first Alan Wake. They announced this game 9/21/2021 are we to believe it'll be a new next generation experience ready in just two years? Odds are clearly against Remedy on this one.

Last edited:

YCoCg

I love Remedy and Alan Wake most of all but, there's no way Alan Wake II ships in 2023. It's either going to be a rushed job or it'll be delayed. It took this studio 5 years to complete the first Alan Wake. They announced this game 9/21/2021 are we to believe it'll be a new next generation experience ready in just two years? Odds are clearly against Remedy on this one.
It took five years because they reworked the entire game from open world to linear third person. Not to mention the new engine work they did which was a vast upgrade over the one used in Max Payne 2.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
A 2023 release date?

I heard any game with this date will 100% be delayed tho....

Will be interesting if it does come in 2023. Patiently waiting......

Banned
I played the hell out of Control. Deserves a sequel and more games should copy its level of environmental destruction.

the physics driven destruction in that game is fucking glorious!
you can literally shoot individual drawers out of desks... and then piece by piece shoot those drawers into loose pieces

Puscifer

Gold Member
Not convinced by the 2023 date for Alan Wake 2! Remedy isn’t that big and they got a lot on their plate!
If I remember Epic is funding it, I can't imagine they didn't at least give them enough money to hire handiwork or be lending a hand in production. I could feasibly see this because I also think it was in some stage of development, especially with the gap between games I could see Sam tightening up his own concept for the game.

Top Bottom