• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Milestone Achieved: Playable from Start to Finish

SushiReese

I think Alan Wake 2 would be more similar to Silent Hill 2 remake. AW 1 took many influence from original SH 2(missing wife/mystery setting/foggy environment/transition of level). Remedy is a truly talented studio like Arkane which haven't gain great commercial success since AW1. I hope AW2 would be Remedy's first commercial hit in the decades.

I'm REALLY rooting for this one. Alan Wake is one of those games I always thought had a fantastic premise, amazing atmosphere and setting but the gameplay felt rudimentary and the level design absurdly restrictive and boring even for its time. Remedy have been continuously stepping up their game in terms of both of those elements with each release and I thought Control was fantastic on both fronts. I really have high hopes that they'll nail a good balance between actually engaging gameplay and the AW universe in this one, they seem to be firing on all cylinders in the past few years.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
give it to me GIF

Kvally

Banned
No Barry, No Buy.

alan-wake-barry-wheeler-lodge.jpg

"When this is through - IF we make it - I don't care what anybody says; I am *done* with darkness. You're going to buy me a tanning bed as a gift, and I'm gonna live in it!"

Top Bottom