• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 still set for 2023, control sequels still in 'concept' phase

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a...l-sequels/1100-6508715/?utm_source=reddit.com

As part of developer Remedy's latest earnings briefing, the Finnish game studio confirmed that one of its most highly anticipated upcoming games, Alan Wake 2, remains on track for release in 2023. The developer also provided development updates on its four other games in development, including its Control sequels.

Remedy also stated that Alan Wake 2 is now in the "full production stage."

The Control spinoff, Codename Condor, remains in the "proof-of-concept" stage, meanwhile. "We are giving the team time to work on a multitude of important game design elements and finalize the key pillars before moving the project to the next development phase," Remedy said

Another new Control game, Codename Heron, is in the concept stage, Remedy said. "Based on the well-progressing early development, the team size has been gradually increased," Remedy said, adding that this is a "bigger-budget" Control game.

Mr Hyde

It's in my top 5 of the PS4/XBO gen of games for sure.

It's definitely up there for sure. It's the first game from Remedy that I was truly impressed by. Never really felt their previous work but they knocked it out of the park with Control. A sequel on current gen will definitely blow some minds.

mdkirby

Damn, sounds like the next control is yeaaaars away :(
Looking forward to Alan wake 2 tho, and I guess now its officially the same universe we may get to explore more of control's lore through Alan wake.

ParaSeoul

Remedy please make something actually good instead of mostly mid games,Max Payne 1 is still their best game.

Fbh

Cool, maybe they'll show up at The game Awards with a new trailer.

Control was meh but the concept itself could definitely be used for an awesome sequel. Just increase enemy variety, have more cool sequences like the labyrinth and learn to write a videogame story that doesn't requiere the player to read through novel worth of in game documents.

rofif

Banned
Nah.
And I am kinda loosing hope in remedy :(
Quantum Break was terrible with stupid actor faces too.
And Control was sponge shooter with terrible story and terrible face too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You guys can't even imagine how much I want Alan Wake 2, the first part is one of my most beloved games ever. Pure hype

Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Alan Wake is still one of my favorite game and the OST was awesome, perfectly capturing the vibe of this thriller

Too bad this will be an Epic exclusive. I'll wait till it release elsewhere to buy it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nobody thought Alan wake would be on PlayStation, now we’re counting down towards it’s sequel on every platform
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It's definitely up there for sure. It's the first game from Remedy that I was truly impressed by.
But... Max Payne 1 :messenger_sad_relieved:

How anyone couldnt love that gritty story mixed with some tongue in cheek humour, noir setting and gunplay is.. it's madness I say, madness.

Mexen

Control has good gameplay that I enjoyed for most of the game. But it could use a better story.
Control 2 just needs to nail story and refine the mechanics a bit and I see it being a contender for GOTY 2023, unless Elden Ring 2 comes out or something (that’s a joke).

Top Bottom