• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remastered PS5 Gameplay - (4k 60FPS)

faisalasif

Hi , Just want to share Alan Wake Remastered PS5 Gameplay

Size : 30+GB for PS5 (with day one patch)

In this award-winning action-thriller, remastered in 4K, troubled author Alan Wake is on a desperate search for his missing wife. A horror story he has supposedly written is coming true, and his grip on reality is threatened as he confronts a hostile presence. The tense, episodic story is packed with twists, cliff hangers, and intense combat, where it takes more than bullets to banish the darkness.
October 5th, 2021 /
Epic Games Store (PC), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S

Alan Wake Remastered PS5 Gameplay

Deerock71

I just hope the Switch version is real. It can just be a gussied up 360 rev, and I'd be okay with that.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hi , Just want to share Alan Wake Remastered PS5 Gameplay

Size : 30+GB for PS5 (with day one patch)

In this award-winning action-thriller, remastered in 4K, troubled author Alan Wake is on a desperate search for his missing wife. A horror story he has supposedly written is coming true, and his grip on reality is threatened as he confronts a hostile presence. The tense, episodic story is packed with twists, cliff hangers, and intense combat, where it takes more than bullets to banish the darkness.
October 5th, 2021 /
Epic Games Store (PC), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S

Alan Wake Remastered PS5 Gameplay

The game has HDR support?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That running animation can be janky as hell. lol

Is this game actually fun? every video I've seen makes it look so dark and dull and lifeless.
Good question. Going back to the old 360 videos, all I remember seeing them is the guy running around from dark room to dark room and shadow monsters who are killed by flashlighting it.

Last edited:

martino

I was more impressed by the cherry picked comparison. Seeing it in motion is not doing the same for me.
I will get it at some point. I really like the ambiance but i have already too much to play right now (d2, deathloop and kena)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I don't even think "Remaster" is the word either, looks exactly the same as the BC version running on Series X or OneX.
It's running higher resolution textures and they've changed some character models but they've got a bit of a cheek charging £30 for that, imo. It's one of the least impressive "remasters" I've seen. Plenty of next gen updates have been more significant for no cost.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I kind of want to get this, mainly because I recently played through Control (and the DLC) and want more of the awesome, creepy Remedyverse. It obviously wasn't planned when this game was made, but the way Control is connected to it is pretty cool. But man, this feels pretty damn dated...

I have played the original, but it was a long time ago and I never finished it.

If you've played and beaten this game, is it good? I never played the original. Basically it's Alan Wake or Bubble Bobble 3D :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If you've played and beaten this game, is it good? I never played the original. Basically it's Alan Wake or Bubble Bobble 3D :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's the definition of a cult classic, people who like it, love it. I think it's great. I can imagine other people bouncing off it quite hard. The gameplay isn't actually so great, the setting is the star, but the story is good too.

It's the definition of a cult classic, people who like it, love it. I think it's great. I can imagine other people bouncing off it quite hard. The gameplay isn't actually so great, the setting is the star, but the story is good too.
(y) Nice. It always looked like a game that sold you on it's story and setting versus it's gameplay, which is not always a bad thing. Great story and atmosphere go a long way.

Top Bottom