• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remastered | PS5 Showcase Trailer

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This how the PC version looks like right now. i don't see much of a improvement from the video.

Have you considered having eyeballs? Almost all the assets are remade.

How convenient of them to use the 720p, aliased, no anisotropic filtering 360 version to compare against the 4K remaster.
Why not comparing it against the original PC version at max settings? It would be more fair.
Two of the shots are PC. They are labeled.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Have you considered having eyeballs? Almost all the assets are remade.

Two of the shots are PC. They are labeled.
How convenient of them to use the 720p, aliased, no anisotropic filtering 360 version to compare against the 4K remaster.
Why not comparing it against the original PC version at max settings? It would be more fair.
Edited OP to be more clear.

Never understood the love for this game. Played it back in the day and felt that it was a slog to play. But good for those who want it.

K.N.W.

Actually it was not 720P, it was 960x540, but with 4x MSAA.

The textures are night and day better to my eyes and I only own the 360 version.

Wouldn’t mind a replay but don’t think I’d pat full price for it if it launches as a full priced title.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Why are they remastering this? I didn't realise it was that popular to begin with. I played it on Xbox 360 in 2010 but I doubt I'd buy it again

Ezquimacore

Banned
Lol that some lazy shit right there but hopefully this means Alan wake too .... Right? Right...?

Last edited:

ShadowNate

I think the issue is that original Alan Wake always looked really great visually, as an overall impression anyway, if you didn't nitpick for bad light rendering at places or get close to some textures. Also, yeah, a lot of the old models looked like they had brain damage, especially when they opened their mouth to speak.

I am not a big fan of dramatic changes to faces though. I'll need to see more of how those turned out.

LMJ

Out in time for the Halloween season

time to add this dandy title to my collection (had it on 360, but will get it on PS4/5)

makaveli60

What is wrong with you, people? First, please learn the difference between “Remaster” and “Remake”. Second, many of us only played this on X360 and it’s a decent remaster compared to that but judging by the comparison pics, it looks even better than the PC version. I really don’t get the bitching about it.

pqueue

really wish they would have played with the location geometry. would be awesome if the lands/mountains had way more polygons, and more trees.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I often prefer the original over remasters because just adding new higher res assets is making the whole thing feel like uncanny valley. The sharper textures actually makes this game look worse in my possibly weird opinion, it's completely out of place when everything else stays mostly the same shit. I enjoyed AW when it was released, but the combat itself is so repetitive that it's almost exhausting. Don't know why people want to play this thing today when most of the game itself is completely outdated.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
30 bucks?!

Answer What GIF by Lil Jon

Alan Wake

One of my favourite games so obviously I'll buy it, even though I think the 360 version still looks and plays good.

Is there really a physical release? Haven't found it for pre-order anywhere in my country yet.

Moochi

It's a bad game with bad gameplay, but it's also a bad parody of a bad Stephen King novel. Now it's getting a bad remake. I played it last year on PC and it was a pretty bad game by modern standards, but back in 2001 or whatever it might have been ok

My heart is torn in two pieces here. On one hand, I might actually finish the game now. On the other hand, I’m thirsty to play that earlier version of Alan Wake that seemed open world.

Wow. Not even HDR support wtf
For real? That’s ridiculous.
30 bucks?!

Answer What GIF by Lil Jon
That’s fair IMO. Too many other new, good games to pay full price for old ones.
No physical no buy
Same💪🏿

bender

What time is it?
It's a bad game with bad gameplay, but it's also a bad parody of a bad Stephen King novel. Now it's getting a bad remake. I played it last year on PC and it was a pretty bad game by modern standards, but back in 2001 or whatever it might have been ok

Alan Wake was released in 2010. It was mediocre back then too. Remedy peaked with Max Payne 2.

Clover904

I really hope this sells decently well so it gets a sequel. I honestly dont know if I'll end up purchasing this for a third time (already played on xbox and again on pc). Alan Wake is a fantastic game, and if Remedy makes a sequel I'll buy it day one for sure. If you navent played it yet, do yourself (and me) a favor and pick it up!

intbal

Look at the screenshots here... It actually looks decent. Still shame no hdr. I would prefer old graphics if I could have HDR
Good News! Alan Wake supports AutoHDR on Series X. So you can play exactly what you wanted. The original 360 graphics, but with HDR.
Er... You have a Series X, don't you?

Top Bottom