• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albert Wesker voiceover in Resident Evil 4 Remake leaks a concept art of his character

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Given to him by Capcom USA:

FFPFuS_WYAUqegx
FFPmK3GX0AM4sPH

From Reddit

Also if the comment section is to be believed, Douglas "offers sexual favors in exchange for being booked to conventions"
Yep, WTF.

Last edited:
This is even more evidence that the Nvidia leaks are legit.

Also, I personally think we're getting a new outbreak release.

Here's why.

Outbreak is mentioned in the list.
^Scroll down to the R's.

Street Fighter 6 is also listed for a 2023 release, and we know for a fact that Capcom is currently working on the next entry which is planned to be revealed next year.

Anyway, I can't wait to play this late next year or early 2023 along with Dragon's Dogma 2.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Current Capcom doesn't hire those Union VAs no more, they go with non union right now I think so DC wouldn't be playing Wesker anymore unless they REALLY wanted him. Dubious.

Also he looks like Nanami from Jujutsu Kaisen.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Current Cspcom doesn't hire those Union VAs no more, they go with non union right now I think so DC wouldn't be playing Wesker anymore unless they REALLY wanted him. Dubious.

Also he looks like Nanami from Jujutsu Kaisen.
JFC. I can't unsee it now.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Here's why.

^Scroll down to the R's.

Street Fighter 6 is also listed for a 2023 release, and we know for a fact that Capcom is currently working on the next entry which is planned to be revealed next year.

Anyway, I can't wait to play this late next year or early 2023 along with Dragon's Dogma 2.

RE4 Remake was initially leaked by VGC

Here's why.

^Scroll down to the R's.

It is real. Some dates are real,some place holders. Some games are real some are a joke in the dev team.

Soodanim

Gold Member

FFPFuS_WYAUqegx
FFPmK3GX0AM4sPH

From Reddit

Also if the comment section is to be believed, Douglas "offers sexual favors in exchange for being booked to conventions"
Yep, WTF.

I don’t know anything about him other than him being a VA whose name I’ve seen about, but fuck he’s not had great luck online. The twisting of a two way conversation turned into “Offers sexual favours” seems a bit disingenuous. At the very least he needs to learn who he can and can’t trust.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yep, WTF.
The twisting of a two way conversation turned into “Offers sexual favours” seems a bit disingenuous.

It's fucking TWITTER. Of course it's disingenuous bullshit made up by idiot teenagers with no exposure to the real world.

Saucy Papi

FFPFuS_WYAUqegx
FFPmK3GX0AM4sPH

From Reddit

Yep, WTF.

They'll remove him over this. Not just the willful breaking of his NDA but also the rumors that he offers to be booked in exchange for sexual favors even though there's no proof just as retaliation.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
the rumors that he offers to be booked in exchange for sexual favors even though there's no proof just as retaliation.
This has to be some dumb thing he said in humor and some social justice gaming warrior takes it and tries to make it a real thing.

yurinka

Here's why.

^Scroll down to the R's.

These Capcom things are copy pasted from the leaked Japanese Capcom roadmap document. In that document appeared Bio Hazard Outrage, that the leaker mistranslated as Bio Hazard Outbreak. Whoever filled that Nvidia list also copied the mistranslated Outbreak, that doesn't exist because its name is Outrage instead.

Dragon's Dogma 2 and SF6 were listed in that document for late 2022. But the document is at least from early 2020 so it's fair to assume they delayed both games as happened with many other projects. The Nvidia list mentioned them for January first 2023, which obviously is a fake date. If Capcom delayed them, they internally will have a new specific date instead of a generic "2023" which is what they typically publicly announce.

The Nvidia list had a fake Monster Hunter entry which was a PSP game with typos on its name. Capcom wouldn't introduce typos in the name of their games. So I'd take the list with tons of salt.

They'll remove him over this. Not just the willful breaking of his NDA but also the rumors that he offers to be booked in exchange for sexual favors even though there's no proof just as retaliation.
Pretty likely they'll fire him for breaking NDA. But rumors mean nothing if there isn't any proof.

When was the the remake even announced?
It hasn't been officially announced. But it was included in a leaked Capcom document that listed their games for the next few years.

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

This has to be some dumb thing he said in humor and some social justice gaming warrior takes it and tries to make it a real thing.
Which is why you have to be extremely careful when working in the video game industry since it has the worst mob mentality I've ever seen in my life. I mean, the allegations could be true but an accusation is all that's needed nowadays to destroy your career.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ah it “leaked”

fucking everything leaks in 2021
I wonder how 2022 will be

Neff

Huh? Was Wesker in RE4?

Mercs. He was also in a postgame side mission, but he only appeared in a brief cutscene.

I suspect his involvement in the remake will be substantially larger since he's such a fan favourite and Capcom haven't had the chance to use him for a while.

Last edited:

reksveks

Hmm... I don't think the smart money is on predicting that his comments are just a joke that someone on twitter has taking badly but ehh, this is for the courts to decide really so going to hold off before casting a judgement.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This is fucked up, since I was a big fan of DC Douglas performance, sad. I guess having attractive voice will make you feel like you are better because people cheerlead you, etc. Sucks, to be honest, really disappointed... I am by no means supporter of public lynching, but going for your people, getting them drunk, drugging them (I know that this should include getting them drunk as well, but society) is some beta ass shit.

Avellone got cancelled for far less, watch people being quiet, because this guy has the "correct" opinions.

Banned
Yep, WTF.

I mean, you don't have to order every perk if you book him... but having the option hurts noone :pie_roffles:

MrA

Banned
This is fucked up, since I was a big fan of DC Douglas performance, sad. I guess having attractive voice will make you feel like you are better because people cheerlead you, etc. Sucks, to be honest, really disappointed... I am by no means supporter of public lynching, but going for your people, getting them drunk, drugging them (I know that this should include getting them drunk as well, but society) is some beta ass shit.

Avellone got cancelled for far less, watch people being quiet, because this guy has the "correct" opinions.
his performance was a trash impression of Richard Waugh's , hopefully, he is fired for this even though he should have been for doing a trash job
he was on the front line of kickvic as well

M1chl

his performance was a trash impression of Richard Waugh's , hopefully, he is fired for this even though he should have been for doing a trash job
he was on the front line of kickvic as well
a) I disagree, but that's fine
b) What is "kickvic"?

MrA

Banned
a) I disagree, but that's fine
b) What is "kickvic"?
you went in hard on firing and canceling vic mignona over acquisition far less serve than those being levied against him, I'm sure he'll suddenly like due process (which he is entitled to and I won't condemn without evidence) but he is sure to end up a hypocrite of the highest order here

M1chl

you went in hard on firing and canceling vic mignona over acquisition far less serve than those being levied against him, I'm sure he'll suddenly like due process (which he is entitled to and I won't condemn without evidence) but he is sure to end up a hypocrite of the highest order here
That's the worst part, that basically a lot of people are in a "forefront" of the good guys, which sort of shield them against any accusations. It's kind of weird that the twitter thread is going for a long time and there weren't any cancellation, yet. Really makes you think...

yurinka

Are we getting a ground-up remake ala RE2, or a bog-standard remake ala RE3?
We only know it's a remake, like RE2 and RE3 remakes. Capcom didn't mention if it's going to appeal to a random user forum user's random tastes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom