• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ali G Show - Borat sings a song in a Country western bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
...one of the greatest moments from this season. My second favorite was probably when Ali actually got Pat Buchanan to refer to WMDs as "BLTs" on more than one occassion.

MrPing, what IS the British reaction overall to Ali G? Was he really big over there once and just basically got played-out over time? Or, was he always something of a cult thing?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
He was REALLY big, but totally overexposed. He'd probably still do quite well now, but I think a lot of people are tired of him.

Borat on the other hand (a far better creation) has a new show which has just started.

Dekajelly

Bacon said:
The gay guy he does is also pretty funny.

Ha-ha, I remember when he sang in front of the crowd at a football game in Alabama, the rednecks were about to blow a gasket.
lol.gif

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
HBO Sundays: Ali G Show, Curb your Enthusiasm, Entourage. It doesn't get better than that.

Ali G gets some really important people on his show, and he makes them look like total fools. It was great this season when he met up with a dude running for political office, and he made him say that all Jews will go to hell (bet that helped him in the polls).

xsarien said:
We don't all like him. I got tired of Ali G after that fucking Madonna video.

If you watched his show you would like him.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sactown said:
HBO Sundays: Ali G Show, Curb your Enthusiasm, Entourage. It doesn't get better than that.

Ali G gets some really important people on his show, and he makes them look like total fools. It was great this season when he met up with a dude running for political office, and he made him say that all Jews will go to hell (bet that helped him in the polls).

He wasn't running for any office. He was a gay converter -- converts gays back into heteros.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
AlphaSnake said:
He wasn't running for any office. He was a gay converter -- converts gays back into heteros.

You're thinking about a different episode.
Borat even goes from house to house with this guy and tells people to vote for him.

A woman opens the door, and Borat goes "is your husband home? We need to talk to someone who can vote." The woman explains to him that she can vote, and that she feels that women are equal to men, and that she would be upset if she couldn't vote. Borat then starts laughing, and says "but women aren't equal to men." He then explained to her how this dude would be great like Stalin, and that she would be very happy if she voted for him, but not so much if she didn't.

CelticFC#1

Free Scotland in 2008
A woman opens the door, and Borat goes "is your husband home? We need to talk to someone who can vote." The woman explains to him that she can vote, and that she feels that women are equal to men, and that she would be upset if she couldn't vote. Borat then starts laughing, and says "but women aren't equal to men." He then explained to her how this dude would be great like Stalin, and that she would be very happy if she voted for him, but not so much if she didn't.

Fucking hillarious!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I watched the episode that had this country western bar sketch, and while I thought the show was generally humorous, I have no desire to watch more of him. Too boring and each character is kind of a one-note joke. So I guess you can count me another member of America that doesn't care for him.

miyuru

Justin Bailey said:
Ali G rocks, the best was when he asked the vietnam vet why there were so many sick animals in vietnam.

lol, that was awesome. I actually watched that ep and another today. Borat's so funny, me and my friends immitate him all the time. Try d/l'ing "Best of Borat", awesome stuff in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom