• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alice: Madness Returns is back on Steam

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In my last video on American McGee’s Alice I asked if people wanted me to continue with the sequel, Madness Returns, and while I expected the one or the other ‘yes, please’, I didn’t expect the cheering it got. A lot of people loved the sequel that came out 11 years later, and I can tell you revisiting it was an absolute joyride. Today, I’ll take you with my on my Journey Through Alice: Madness Returns

Chapters
00:00 Part 1: Once More Down the Path
02:48 Sponsor
04:12 Part 2: We’re All Part of the Same Dream
16:08 Part 3: No Use Going Back to Yesterday
22:27 Part 4: It’s Very Easy to Take More Than Nothing
33:50 Part 5: Everything’s Got a Moral
45:57 Credits

.Pennywise

Banned
It was a very good game. But it didn't age well. I've replayed it recently and the controls are not fluid at all, the combat is very clunky and the platforming is hit and miss.

Super under rated action platformer. Replayed this just last year and I played the original Alice on every difficulty setting in a row. I actually would have replayed Madness Returns too, but I was a bit burned out after all that.

AndrewRyan

Picked it up on sale for $7.99. Have fond memories of it being so beautiful in motion and the artwork so creative. Enjoyed finding the truffle pigs by tracking their snorting sounds. Looking forward to seeing if it lives up to nostalgia and hopefully a nice graphical bump from the PS3 version.

Skifi28

It's back, but does it also work now? I've always had it on steam, but it was impossible to play these past few years as there was an activation process that led to nowhere. Only solution was to take the key and activate on origin instead.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It was mediocre. The somewhat creative art here and there (which really comes with the theme territory) didn't save it. Here's a neat Alice in Wonderland inspired Resident Evil style indie game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom